A Letter From Kermit

Elggarf

Reaction score
I don't know if it is only because the names Kermit and Grover are famous muppets that no one would use them. I have a friend who goes by the name Mickey, and even though he does get many mouse jokes I don't think it is unusual. I also know an Oscar. So the existance of Kermit and Grover might have some influence over parents naming their kids, but that cannot be the only factor.

luvtosr

Reaction score
Elggarf said:
I don't know if it is only because the names Kermit and Grover are famous muppets that no one would use them. I have a friend who goes by the name Mickey, and even though he does get many mouse jokes I don't think it is unusual. I also know an Oscar. So the existance of Kermit and Grover might have some influence over parents naming their kids, but that cannot be the only factor.
My eldest is called Oscar and when we were naming him we did got through all the famous Oscars we could think of including the ol' Grouch but the fact is that -allthough the name will always be associated with him - he hasn't necessarily become *the* iconograph of the name whereas I think Kermit and to a slightly lesser extent Grover have. Besides, I don't know about in the States but over here if Grover was ever used as a given name it has long since fallen out of use.

As for Mickey, yeah he's an icon but it is short for Michael so it can carry through.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
I used to think Kermit was a made up name till I read about someone in the Civil War having it. I think it was a general or something.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Even though the Fraggles and Kermit/Robin met in MFC, that doesn't mean that Doc didn't know Kermit prior to the christmas special. After all, he and Sprocket show up (if I remember correctly) toting Piggy on a doggie sled (right)? So, I would think that suggests Doc knew The Muppets prior to the christmas special--otherwise, how'd he get invited?
Just to refresh your memory. He rents the house from Fozzie's Mom but when they get there Sprocket says or barks or growls something and Doc says, "No I didn't know I was renting from a bear." Then when Fozzie and the others show up Doc ask Sprocket if these are the same as the fraggles he keeps telling him about and Sprocket signs with paw that there kind of like them just not them. There you. So he doesn't know the Muppets before hand.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Even though the Fraggles and Kermit/Robin met in MFC, that doesn't mean that Doc didn't know Kermit prior to the christmas special. After all, he and Sprocket show up (if I remember correctly) toting Piggy on a doggie sled (right)? So, I would think that suggests Doc knew The Muppets prior to the christmas special--otherwise, how'd he get invited?
Doc didn't know the Muppets, only from TV. If even that. Fozzies mother introduces her son and weird friends from television... one obviously being Kermit. So, no he ddn't no them before.

As to how he knew Miss Piggy... Kermit gave him a description.
Doc: What does your friend look like?
Kermit: well, um. Shes a pig

And he wasn't invited... Fozzie's Mother was renting the house out to him, as she goes on a cruise i think it was? and Fozzie was planning a surprise visit with all his friends.