A message to certain members

That Announcer

Reaction score
Please, please stop insulting younger members of the forum. It does nothing for your credibility and makes you look like you really don't care about us. It would be much appreciated if you stopped doing this.

A specific example is Kimp the Shrimp. On several occasions you have called HPDJ names like "idiot", "moron" and "punk." PLEASE stop this.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Well you have to admit, HPDJ isn't really helping his image (or the image of other younger posters here) by appearing to be a bit, well...slower on the uptake about some things, if you catch my drift.

I'm not condoning the actions of Kimp the Shrimp or anyone else. It's just...credibility on the board as dictated by one's actions goes both ways.

-Kim

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<reaches up catcher's mitt> I caught your drift!
understood and agreed.

...and hungry...<scampers off to find food>

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
And you have to admit that too often "credibility" or "respect" is given to certain members based on the number of posts they have (and often times that is well-deserved). But sometimes certain members (a small few) seem to feel that the number of posts they have is a license to abuse others. Perhaps if these members would put as much effort into helping the younger members as they do in insulting them the Muppet community would grow. If you are not a member of the inner-circle on Muppet Central it can be a very unwelcome place at times.

That being said, some of the younger members (like HPDJ) have to realize that it is not a race to see how many threads they can start or how many posts they can get. They have to learn to temper themselves and not post frivouosly. Respect the members that have been here a while. If these members suggest that you are posting a little too often, in the wrong thread, or a topic has been covered before, they just might be right.

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
I think starting a thread like this will lead to trouble but I might as well put my tupence in anyway...

I don't yet see myself as having penetrated the inner ring of Muppet Central, I have only been here for a few months and I am just starting to get involved in some of the roleplay threads etc.

I started slowly and quitely and have tried hard to "get the feel" of the forum; I have taken time to work out what I believe will be well recieved and would never post anything I feel would cause trouble or offense.

I would ask all new members to learn how things work here instead of imposing what they want on the forum all at once and all of a sudden.

I don't generally feel unwelcome and I don't think I have ever felt insulted by long-standing senior members. However, I - like others - have been insulted by a certain relatively new member for merely othering some pieces of advice as to how to keep the forum a fun and friendly place for all of us.

All I can do is ask all members to stop and think before they post, consider if what they are going to say is likely to offend or annoy or even if it is appropriate for a family forum. There really is no hurry to post quickly - I don't like the emphasis on racking up your first thousand posts so quickly.

Sometimes it's fine to say nothing at all...

Beauregard

Reaction score
This is certainly a topic that needs addressing, thank you for bringing it up That Announcer.

My first point would be, it is not age we are insulting/corecting. It is actions. If HPDJ was 27, 9, or 48 I would still correct as many of his posts/threads as I have corrected, because it is nothing to do with the quantity of age, but the quality of post. Thank you.

My second point, if MC seems like an unfriendly place that is not our fault. I have said it before, I will say it again. He that has friends must show himself friendly. I have made an efort in wach of my 'corections' to put a friendly/helping aspect to it as well. If you don't like that...maybe it is hitting a nerve.

When one joins a new forum, especially one as close knit as this, it is only decent to show commen courtisy to other members. Take your time to get to know the layout, the feeling of the place, to know what threads will be accepted, and what threads will be bashed. Do some searches, lok at teh history. We are like a family, if you wanted to enter a family, you would get to know them rather than shoving into a group shouting, "New topic. And another. And let's talk about this." at the top of your voice. Particularly when Specifically asked by a number of relations to calm down a little.

I believe that your judgment is clouded Thatannouncer, and that if you were me you would see my point.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i really should stop calling him names it's just that he needs to follow the rules of the Forum and of the Games on many occasions he has just posted a stuppd off the wall thing in a game post or done it backwards . he is very excited about the Muppets and that is great i love his Best/Worst of game ( even though he seems to be the final Judge Alot LOL :smile: ) but i agree that he should tone it down and not upset alot of people

second Annoncer thanks for calling me out. you'll get yours after the Show

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
My first point would be, it is not age we are insulting/corecting. It is actions. If HPDJ was 27, 9, or 48 I would still correct as many of his posts/threads as I have corrected, because it is nothing to do with the quantity of age, but the quality of post. Thank you.
Your whole post was very well said Beauragard but this point needs emphasizing. I think there is a danger in judging somebody based on their age, number of posts, or length of membership. I personally am a relatively new member but before I joined I was what one might consider a long-time lurker. I think (and I could be wrong) that this gave me a pretty good idea of the workings of the forum. Hopefully, my posts contribute something. I may not even agree with all my own posts but sometimes feel it is necessary to present the other side of the story or how others might perceive it as an outsider or new-comer.

I guess it depends on what you come to Muppet Central for. Some of the new-members like HPDJ seems to come for the games. I, personally, come for the Muppet happenings, news, and trivia. The knowledge of many of these members is just incredible. I learn more by just sitting back and reading the posts and discussions. Sometimes you can learn a lot more just by listening.

EleganceLiberty

Reaction score
In regards to the whole 'inner circle' thing, I'm still trying to find my 'niche' in Mupper fandom; like at Fraggle Rocker, Tough Pigs and here. It's hard, but I don't think it has anything to do with my age really. More or less my interests, art style and preference of Fraggles over Kermit and co, I guess.

I can see why some people would have reservations about those younger than... 17-ish. I should know, I was once an obnoxious flaming 12 year old back in the day, but I quickly and harshly learned my lesson. I wasn't exactly helping the image of mature 12 year olds at the time. XD

But I don't see why we have to throw insults around when someone is acting like a jerk and whatnot. There is a 'report to moderator' button (or some likeness thereof), IMO we should use that more instead of starting unneeded confrontations and insulting one another. But that's just me.

HPDJ

Reaction score
Announcer, thank you. I have told Phil Chapman about Kimp yet he seems to be ignoring me! I do not find Kimp funny. He abuses me yet he finds it fine to post on my games! So Phil C, if you are reading this, sort it out.

Beauregard, you have done nothing wrong. Skeeter Muppet likes to point at the good book (the fourm rules) on each of my threads but that's OK.

MuppetsRule, I do not find Muppet Cental a posting race! Please contact myself if you have any concerns on my number of posts. Say it to my face not to my back!!!

I will not forget about this, Kimp. thatannouncer, thanks again.