A Muppet Play

G-MAN

Reaction score
Oh my goodness, Nevermore, the armies of cuteness, "We Are The Children Of Tomorrow", bringing Marlon into it, this is one of the funniest fan fics I have ever read.

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
Chapter.....uh.......eleventeen?

The curtains opened up to a large church, with Pepe the friar dusting off the altar. Romeo and Juliet opened the large doors, and walked down to him.
"Friar Pepe, do you have time to help us?"
Pepe looked at his watch.
"Three.....two......one......alrighty! Union break, hokay? What can I help jew with?
"Well, Romy and I want to get married right away."
Romeo tugged at his collar. "Well.....we could wait a few minutes...."
"This is easy hokay? Just let me get my wedding book, hokay?" Pepe went over to a huge bookshelf, stacked high with books for every occasion.
"Let's see......funerals......birthdays.......Valentines day........Jim Henson the Works...." He stopped. "Who's this Jim Henson guy anyway? Alright....ah! Weddings!"
He grabbed the book and went over to Romeo and Juliet.
"Don't jew want to get gussied up hokay?"
Juliet looked at her clothes. "Oh no, you're right! I'll be right back!" Juliet ran off stage right.
Romeo and Pepe were left in a awkward moment.
"So.....jew and de pig.....huh...."
".....yep......."
"....so....de kids will be figs or progs?"
"I don't know.....but that sounds like something inside a computer."
"Yeah....computer's are cool..."
"....true that......"
"....yep....."
".....yep....."
Juliet ran on stage. "I'm back!"
"Oh thank goodness hokay? That moment couldn't have been more awkward! Now then, [ahem] dearly beloved.....we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of Romeo and Juliet."
He flipped through the pages.
"Blah blah blah...do jew Juliet, take this frog, to be your lawfully wedded husband?"
"I do."
"And do jew Romeo, take dis pig, to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
Kermit tugged at his collar. "I......d..."
Just then, Rowlf, Clifford, the fraggles, the blue house gang, and everybody that has been a part of the play barged into the church.
"There you are Romeo! We were so worried!"
"Where have you been young lady?"
"I'm Stan!"
There was a huge uproar of Muppets talking at the same time, until Romeo shouted at the top of his voice.
"QUIET!!!!! Now listen, you guys have been a pain! Now, Juliet and I are getting married now, so either sit down, watch and be quiet, or get out right now!"
Rowlf put his hand on Romeo's shoulder.
"Now Romeo, we didn't mean to be a pain. We were just looking for the best for you guys."
Clifford went up to Juliet.
"But we can see now, that you two need each other. So, I will sit here, and watch." Clifford sat down in the first row.
"Me too." Rowlf sat down as well.
"Us three." Replied Anne Sue and Spamala Hamderson.
"Us four." Everybody sat down in the church.
"I'm Stan!" Scooter sat down.
Juliet whispered to Romeo. "They're getting along."
"I never thought I would see the day."
Pepe was tapping his foot. "If jew don't mind, I would like to finish this. Now then, Romeo, you're answer."
"I do."
"So then, I now pronounce you, frog and pig, jew may kiss the bride hokay?"
Juliet gave Romeo a peck on the cheek, but Romeo grabbed Juliet and kissed her on the lips. Everybody in the church, along with everybody in the audience, cheered like crazy. Juliet began to sing.
"He'll make me happy, each time I see him. He'll be the reason my heart can sing. He'll stand beside me, and I'll have everything."
Romeo began to sing. "She'll make me happy, each time I hold her. And I will follow where my heart may lead. And she'll be all I ever need."
The fraggles sang a line.
"Days go passing into years."
The monsters sang.
"Years go passing day by day."
Juliet's family sang.
"He'll make her happy, now and forever."
Romeo's family sang.
"Until forever, their love will grow."
Gonzo, sitting in the front row of the audience, began to sing.
"She only knows, he'll make her happy. That's all she needs to know."
Everybody in the church, along with the audience, including Doc and Sprocket, began to sing.
"They'll be so happy, now and forever, until forever, their love will grow."
The music died down, and Juliet had the final line.
"I only know, he'll make me happy. That's all I need to know."
Gonzo ran backstage, and pushed a button. A large fireworks display revealed itself. A large chorus of chickens came up from the floor, and had three closing notes."
"Baaaawk.......baaaawk.......BAWWWWWK!!!" The curtains closed, and there was a hush in the audience. Then, the audience cheered like crazy, and gave everybody a standing ovation.
Backstage, everyone was congradulating themselves. Kermit went up to Gonzo.
"I was wrong. You did a great job."
"Aw....thanks Kermit."
"Do you have another play for us?"
The Muppets agreed to the question.
"Well.....we could always perform Hamlet."
Miss Piggy looked at Gonzo.
"What did you say?!"
"Uh....I said....let's take a bow!"
Everybody agreed.
So the curtains opened, and the huge bunch of Muppets gave the audience a bow. Kermit pointed to Gonzo, and the audience, including the Muppets, cheered and clapped for Gonzo. Camilla came on stage and gave Gonzo a bunch of roses.
Gonzo was beaming.

The End.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
HOOOOOOORAY!!! I LOVE IT SO!! And I'm so happy for Gonzo! This was awesome! And so funny! Way to go!! :smile: :big_grin: :zany:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Okay, so in this chapter alone- First, you had me laughing hysterically. Then you had me laughing hysterically. Then you had me laughing hysterically. Then you had me laughing hysterically. Then you nearly had me trying to sing while nearly in tears, which didn't work too well. But that's okay, because it didn't work in a good way. And besides, you finished off with me laughing hysterically again.

So, that's a brief summary, and here's some extra special points!

Chapter.....uh.......eleventeen?
"Three.....two......one......alrighty! Union break, hokay? What can I help jew with?
Well, Romy and I want to get married right away."
Romeo tugged at his collar. "Well.....we could wait a few minutes...."
"Let's see......funerals......birthdays.......Valentines day........Jim Henson the Works...." He stopped. "Who's this Jim Henson guy anyway?
"....so....de kids will be figs or progs?"
"And do jew Romeo, take dis pig, to be your lawfully wedded wife?"
Kermit tugged at his collar. "I......d..."
"I'm Stan!"
"I'm Stan!" Scooter sat down.
"Well.....we could always perform Hamlet."
Miss Piggy looked at Gonzo.
"What did you say?!"
"Uh....I said....let's take a bow!"
All these were great! But I think my favorite...

Juliet gave Romeo a peck on the cheek, but Romeo grabbed Juliet and kissed her on the lips.
I severly applaud that!

And speaking of applause, Kermit may be pointing at Gonzo, but TogetherAgain is pointing at Fraggleforever. <standing ovation> Well done!

Fraggleforever

Reaction score
[Bowing to everyone] Thank you, thank you. I appreciate everyone's compliments all through this play. And now.....on to brainstorm for another story!