A question about Fraggle Rock UK version

johnpeters999

Reaction score
That is the WORST, really. That same sale left Disney literally sitting on a trunk of Saban licenses as well, even if they were just international anime dubbing rights. And so far, the only thing they bothered with is Power Rangers, and the small amount of The Tick they released on DVD (missing episodes and only 2 of 3 seasons). Among other things Hakushon Daimaō had to literally be taken out of the US version of Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and various other Saban and Fox Kids shows will never EVER see the light of day again. And the worst part is that they won't sell any rights back to anyone, and they don't even acknowledge they have them. So NO Mad Jack the Pirate, NO Eek! the Cat, and No Samurai Pizza Cats will EVER be released either. And to think, this was all politicking on Fox's behalf.
Thats because most of the paper work is in such a mess there could not sell the rights to anyone. Disney even control UK gameshow called Catchphrase S1 - S11.

I'm lead to believe if the tapes were found, HIT first clam to them, but I believe Disney owns some aspect of the old Jim henson company. Im not sure who would have total control over them?

I still believe the tapes are here and are in Ashford - KENT.

why really stuck me, is WHY FOX would want the english tv programmes? ie the NON MTM stuff and why there never got past to the new Flextech company, who is on own by Virgin. I bet there would have shiped them out on DVD!

I wish Pizza cat would come out

PaulSebert

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity has anyone here seen the later seasons of the UK version of the show? I was wondering if the death of the actor who played The Captain was ever brought up sort of like Mr. Hooper's passing on Sesame Street?

I was particularly curious as to how they handled the Honk of Honks/Change of Address episodes.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Apparently the UK storyline for the last episodes is that the Lighthouse can now be run by computers and there is no need for a lighthouse attendant anymore, so the keeper has to leave.

Drtooth

Reaction score
why really stuck me, is WHY FOX would want the english tv programmes? ie the NON MTM stuff and why there never got past to the new Flextech company, who is on own by Virgin. I bet there would have shiped them out on DVD!
nonononono... Fox wants to control EVERYTHING! They'd buy up anything lying around if they had the chance. Rupert Murdoch scares the blazes out of me. Think somehow they were forced to sell things off, especially Fox Family to Disney.

I wish Pizza cat would come out
A one volume DVD was released by a fourth party ONLY available on amazon like 3 or 4 years ago. Other than that, nada. Unless you wanna spend like several hundred dollars on a DVD set of the original Japanese edition... but then it would be in Raw Japanese, and it's not half as funny as the dub. But I'm REALLY annoyed by the fact Disney's not finishing off The Tick. I barely saw half of the third season, and NO one posted them online yet.

Danie and Lemmy

Reaction score
That is the WORST, really. That same sale left Disney literally sitting on a trunk of Saban licenses as well, even if they were just international anime dubbing rights. And so far, the only thing they bothered with is Power Rangers, and the small amount of The Tick they released on DVD (missing episodes and only 2 of 3 seasons). Among other things Hakushon Daimaō had to literally be taken out of the US version of Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and various other Saban and Fox Kids shows will never EVER see the light of day again. And the worst part is that they won't sell any rights back to anyone, and they don't even acknowledge they have them. So NO Mad Jack the Pirate, NO Eek! the Cat, and No Samurai Pizza Cats will EVER be released either. And to think, this was all politicking on Fox's behalf.
Thats because most of the paper work is in such a mess there could not sell the rights to anyone. Disney even control UK gameshow called Catchphrase S1 - S11.
If there are legal issues preventing Disney from selling the stuff they got when they bought Fox Family, then how was Haim Saban able to buy back the rights to the Power Rangers recently?

Drtooth

Reaction score
If there are legal issues preventing Disney from selling the stuff they got when they bought Fox Family, then how was Haim Saban able to buy back the rights to the Power Rangers recently?
When did THAT happen? That must have REALLY been recent, since I still see MMPR stuff popping up all over the Disney Store?

But then again, Saban is a very rich children's programming magnate... I'd almost figure he went over Disney's heads and just bought the original Japanese series directly from the source or something.

MAN, I hope he buys up everything else too. Pizza Cats, Eek and the last season of the Tick (and the skipped episodes) NEED to be on DVD. I don't care if the 2 former are up on Youtube.

johnpeters999

Reaction score
I have no idea but then again, TVS paper work has gone through more than one owner, its more like 4! If this was the case then Challenge tv would have been able to get the rights to buy/broadcast catchphrase S1.

Haim is American company is it not? most of the TVS is English. Maybe someone took a bit more care about the paper work I bet MTM paperwork is all sorted and dusted.

Why would Disney care about some two bit Gameshow or No73 sat morning show? there dont, so thus there dont care about the paperwork, typical......

This still does not get us any further forward with the tapes

Drtooth

Reaction score
Haim is American company is it not? most of the TVS is English. Maybe someone took a bit more care about the paper work I bet MTM paperwork is all sorted and dusted.
Saban is a Worldwide company, that I know of. He's Egyptian, and the company headquarters could very well have been there. I'm guessing, like Disney, Saban had no idea that he had that stuff, and just really had some sort of share in the family channel that Disney bought up. I find the whole thing silly, and basically politicing on Fox's behalf so they can buy a more influential channel, Fox being Fox. I don't know all the details, if they had to pawn the network off or they had every intention of selling it for another channel. but whatever happened, I don't understand why Disney got a back catalog of something that Fox only sort of owned, especially when they had no intention of doing anything with half of it... but again, if we have to point fingers, go to the rich Australian Neo-Con, not the overly cluttered House of Mouse.

Why would Disney care about some two bit Gameshow or No73 sat morning show? there dont, so thus there dont care about the paperwork, typical......
They apparently cared about MMPR for several years. Still do. Still making merchandising too. It's all over the Disney Store. Gotta admit, I'm not a big fan, but I actually want those buddy packs they sell. The point is, they had the intention to market that show, but I don't even think they know about old British Tv rights that changed hands unintentionally.

I still don't see why rights to things unused or neglected don't get negotiated back to the original owners, but hey... that's what rights are.

johnpeters999

Reaction score
I still don't see why rights to things unused or neglected don't get negotiated back to the original owners, but hey... that's what rights are.

Because Original owners TVS were brought over, included that Studio at Maidstone, by Family channel channel. ( the Studio at Maidstone was sold off around 1998)

the only people that would want achieve would be ITV, but there would have NO legal clam to the programmes,expect there were made for there network.