1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Abby Cadabby Balloon in Macy's Thanksgiving parade

Discussion in 'Sesame Appearances' started by Drtooth, Nov 13, 2007.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I was watching, I think, NBC, and they were talking about inflating the new Thanksgiving day balloons. This year, we have Shrek (and a Shrek plush for sale at Macy's), Hello Kitty, and Abby Cadabby.

Now, this is pretty far for a character to come in just 2 seasons. It took Grover 30 odd years to get his own balloon.

So far, Abby is the 4th Muppet to get a balloon, allong with Big Bird, Kermit, and Super Grover. Unless I'm wrong, not even Elmo got a balloon.

But on the subject of the latter, does this mean that they've dropped Grover for Abby? It would be a shame if that was the case, since Super Grover is one of my all time favorites.
  2. SSLFan

SSLFan Well-Known Member

What if it's Big Bird?:concern:
  3. SillyRed

SillyRed Member

I can't wait to see it!
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I really see the creation of the Abby character as an attempt to gain some of the Dora market for Sesame. My niece watched more Dora than SS (unfortunately). For this reason, I could see Abby being a promotional balloon in this year's parade.

Are you certain Elmo never had a balloon? I could have sworn he did. I know he's had balloons in other parades and functions. Maybe that's what I'm thinking.
  5. superboober

superboober Member

In the 20 years or so I've watched the parade, Elmo has never had a balloon, just Kevin Clash helping him perform on the float with the rest of the cast. I hope this doesn't lead to the end of Big Bird's long flight down Broadway, though.
  6. Drtooth

Big Bird is a staple. I'd think if any of them had to go, it would be Grover.

BTW, The Shrek Balloon looks pretty amazingly detailed.
  7. zns

zns Active Member

Well aside from the fact that Abby will be in the parade, it also appears that :) will be there as well. So basically there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
  8. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

SHAA! Nice! I can't wait to see!

I know of a site that shows more baloons including an Animal, Piggy, Bear and Elmo. They weren't in the Macy's parade but they look pretty cool :) I'll post it later if I can.
  9. Drtooth

You have got to be kidding! Kermit the Frog is back? I just can't believe that. Maybe Disney does read the posts here....
  10. ToasterBoy

ToasterBoy Member

Abby also has her own category on eBay now too. I've never been more proud of my friend Leslie and there's NO ONE who deserves this more than she does!
  11. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

on the link that you posted from the Muppet Wiki it says "the Kermit Balloon" will be back?

2007: Abby Caddaby balloon (New balloon debuts), Sesame Street float, Kermit the Frog balloon

:excited: :smirk: :)
  12. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

13. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

what made Disney/MHC change there minds to have the frog balloon back! :confused:
  14. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

:sing: Look at you (Kermit Balloon)...there you are...right where you be-long...I see your Balloon coming back to me, like an old familiar song...what better place could any baloon be? Cause you're here with me...so everyone, here we go, let's start the show! :sing:

That about sums up my feelings...
  15. maniacal muppet

maniacal muppet Active Member

Aww, a fave song of mine :)
  16. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

OK... Kermit, check. Abby, check. What about Super Grover and/or Big Bird? Will their balloons be in the parade too?
    BTW: The parade starts at 9 AM EST. If you're only interested in the Sesame float, then tune in about an hour after the parade starts, that's when the Muppet gang usually makes their way down the festive route. If you don't see it immediately at 10 AM EST, then stick around as they'll be by soon near that time.
  17. Drtooth

I'm trying to see if they have any info on the official site, but so far nothing. I doubt they'd get rid of the Big Bird Balloon just to promote a new character, and if they somehow can support 3 balloons, t'would be great. If we had Big Bird, Grover, Abby and Kermit all in the parade, it will be the first time we've had 4 muppet balloons at once. And, on a technicality, 4 characters from the same show (as Kermit used to be on SS quite a bit).
  18. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

No, Super Grover and Big Bird will not be in the parade this year. :sympathy:
  19. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Hmm, an Abby Cadabby balloon in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, eh? Well, I'll certainly have to catch this for sure!