ABC Orders Muppet Pilot To Series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I wonder how Statler & Waldorf would fit in? Would they be watching the show on TV a la Muppets Tonight and heckling them from there? I feel they're the kinds of guys who work best heckling face-to-face, and since this show won't have a live studio audience, that's the only way it would work.
Seeing as the show's going to be in mockumentary format, maybe they'll mostly appear in cut-aways commenting on everyone else. Or just hanging around backstage for no apparent reason.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
D: gonzo can't dumb camille! that would be real sad!
also I hope the series does well. hopefully some of the changes don't ant
them off to it. I am up to giving the show a chance because I miss the muppets and am curious to see what they're up to.
Also there are quite a few muppet bears. what about the ones fozzie was living with in muppets take Manhattan?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wait, Gonzo.... online dating..... does that mean he's not dating Camilla?
Didn't, like... Didn't Gonzo split up with Camilla since before MCC? And he's only been back with her since MWO? Doesn't seem like anything they haven't done before there. As long as Gonzo doesn't slip back into that "depressed Gonzo" phase again, I'm fine with that.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
What is great about this show is that all the characters are there from main like Kermit, Miss Piggy, and Gonzo, to more supporting like Scooter, and the fact that Rowlf has his own bar just makes me want to watch this more, and if anyone wants to watch the great comic con panel, it is all on Youtube, and it was really nice.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
^ rowlf owning a bar isn't OOC for him since he worked in one in the first film. that';s pretty cool IMO. Maybe it's a call back to the first movie.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Didn't, like... Didn't Gonzo split up with Camilla since before MCC? And he's only been back with her since MWO? Doesn't seem like anything they haven't done before there. As long as Gonzo doesn't slip back into that "depressed Gonzo" phase again, I'm fine with that.
I honestly don't remember Gonzo and Camilla ever splitting up or at least seen any evidence of such even for a short time so...no? I kinda imagine him doing online dating while still being with Camilla and she's ok with it.

I do admit, Gonzo does seem more bitter in the new show, judging of the trailer of the pilot but so far it's kinda funny. I'm just wondering what made him such.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That weird period between MCC and MWO. I remember Camilla's cameo at the end of that movie being well received. I swear I remember Dave Goelz saying something about how Gonzo and Camilla had a "trial separation" of some sort. That was years ago and don't exactly remember where I saw it, but remember reading of it.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
That weird period between MCC and MWO. I remember Camilla's cameo at the end of that movie being well received. I swear I remember Dave Goelz saying something about how Gonzo and Camilla had a "trial separation" of some sort. That was years ago and don't exactly remember where I saw it, but remember reading of it.
Sheesh I forget how weird Muppet Canon can be. At least, which of it is canon.

Ladywarrior

Reaction score
Muppet canon is so weird we do't know what's real and what is not. i mean are they serious about things or are they just actors playing themselves or themselves playing fictional characters of themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.