Adventures in Wonderland

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It was only a matter of time before someone made a thread right? XD

For those unfamiliar with the show, it is a show from Disney's glory days obviously telling stories of Alice's adventures in Wonderland. The show was also a musical, with most episodes having two or three songs. Now that my lackluster description of the show is over with (I fail at summarizing tv shows)...

Discuss!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
For those unfamiliar with the show, it is a show from Disney's glory days obviously telling stories of Alice's adventures in Wonderland. The show was also a musical, with most episodes having two or three songs. Now that my lackluster description of the show is over with (I fail at summarizing tv shows)...
Lol, that was fine. :smile:

I remember even as a kid being really impressed with the way AIW modernized the Alice in Wonderland story. I'm usually pretty hostile about that stuff but AIW managed to make it really clever, such as the White Rabbit wearing roller blades because he's always on the go. The Tweedles wearing MC Hammer outfits, well it's dated now, but back then it was very up to the minute, lol.

Of course I think the what really made the show work was their decision to utilize amazingly talented stage performers who were skilled in dance and singing, and also accustomed to being a bit larger than life. :wink:

Btw Sgt. Floyd, do you have a favorite episode?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I remember seeing it when they reran it a few years ago on Sunday Mornings... I think my sister had a VHS of it... forget which episode.

Much like Disney's Talespin (though not that radical a change), they managed to take the characters and do something very interesting with them. It's been years since I've seen them, but I remember finding it a pleasant way to spend a Sunday morning...

And I really like how they didn't go the obvious Mad Hatter= Ed Wynn route.

Of course, my new favorite Alice and Wonderland spinoff...er whatever you'd call it would be that brilliant Snarked comic. I strongly suggest checking it out.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And I really like how they didn't go the obvious Mad Hatter= Ed Wynn route.
Oh absolutely, I'm still rather surprised and impressed with the direction they took. He's kind of reminds me of an eccentric gentry who went off and did his own thing rather than inherent the family business, lol.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I think I saw a couple in life skills. Please tell me if this is the right show based on my descriptions.
1.One of the Tweedles is upset, because someone's better at Horseshoes then him,and the Cheshire Cat shows him a fruit that's really a dangerous drug that makes him very sick. Another odd thing I remeber is that the Queen of Hearts isn't evil!
2.March Hare is scared when he gets a note from a really nasty bully, that threw pies at him at school and called him Pie Face. These might not even be real, just so you know.I might have dreamed them up, and simply remebered them all these years.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Queen of Hearts being more of a friend to Alice and the rest is the one thing that's easy for us to confirm...

Looking up wikipedia, both episodes you described are indeed real.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
These might not even be real, just so you know.I might have dreamed them up, and simply remebered them all these years.
You have a good memory then because you're absolutely right about both episodes. :wink:

The Queen of Hearts being more of a friend to Alice and the rest is the one thing that's easy for us to confirm...
Yeah the Queen here is a diva, but overall a decent person, lol.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
You have a good memory then because you're absolutely right about both episodes. :wink:

Yeah the Queen here is a diva, but overall a decent person, lol.
Thank you both very much! Does anyone know where I can find them?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
not sure about the first one (I dont believe I've seen that one), but the second one is called Pie Noon and is on youtube
Yeah I haven't seen the first one either but Pie Noon is a great episode about bullying and not stooping to the bully's level. Plus I love Hatter's reference to the movie High Noon, lol. And of course the episode has two really impressive guest stars. :wink:

Its hard to pin down one, but I'm gonna say Time Warped.
Yeah that one's great. I love the Tweedle's reactions to "We are the Hatter and the Hare from the future," lol.