Adventures in Wonderland

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I was wathcing the Treasure hunt episode Diary of a Mad Hatter. Crystal is cool,but she doesn't fit into Wonderland in my onw opinion. She seems like a Honeydew invention that works!
Oh yeah that's a good one. It's one of the episodes The Paley Center for Media uses to represent the show. Regarding Crystal, I especially love how its always changing locations in the series, depending on plot convenience, lol.

I also watched I am the Walrus. I loved the Kne Page voices the Walrus! I loved him in Nightmare Before Christmas.
I remember watching a behind the scenes segment about this episode on The Disney Channel back in the day. I think it was considered a "very special episode" since it addressed racism and all. I remember the writers were saying how at first they weren't sure what sort of character to use in the story since Wonderland already had so many strange creatures. I guess they ended up choosing the Walrus since he was from the book and all.

I especially liked the scene where the characters are discussing ways to make the Walrus feel unwelcome, yet at the same time they felt guilty because they didn't want to think they were "like that." I think that's a very realistic take on racism.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Oh yeah that's a good one. It's one of the episodes The Paley Center for Media uses to represent the show. Regarding Crystal, I especially love how its always changing locations in the series, depending on plot convenience, lol.

I remember watching a behind the scenes segment about this episode on The Disney Channel back in the day. I think it was considered a "very special episode" since it addressed racism and all. I remember the writers were saying how at first they weren't sure what sort of character to use in the story since Wonderland already had so many strange creatures. I guess they ended up choosing the Walrus since he was from the book and all.

I especially liked the scene where the characters are discussing ways to make the Walrus feel unwelcome, yet at the same time they felt guilty because they didn't want to think they were "like that." I think that's a very realistic take on racism.

I agree with you 100%.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I have nothing else to add to that since you said it so well

Just a thought, but the walrus probably has the best make up on the show.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have nothing else to add to that since you said it so well
Oh sorry, lol. :embarrassed:But thanks! :smile:

Just a thought, but the walrus probably has the best make up on the show.
Oh absolutely, I'm still amazed when I see him. Btw if anyone's seen the Cats musical video, he also played Old Deuteronomy (and was also in the original Broadway cast of Cats).

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Oh absolutely, I'm still amazed when I see him. Btw if anyone's seen the Cats musical video, he also played Old Deuteronomy (and was also in the original Broadway cast of Cats).
*GASP* I KNEW I recognized that actor!

I haven't seen this show since it went off air, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers it! LOVE this show ^_^

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I haven't seen this show since it went off air, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers it! LOVE this show ^_^
Yay, we've got one half of the Tweedles! Lol. Yeah I'm also glad a lot of people remember AIW fondly.

I remember I found this a couple years ago, a fan did an interview with Reece Holland, who played the March Hare, very interesting!

Questionnaire For the Hare
http://adventuresinwonderland.tripod.com/interviewhare.html

I agree with you 100%.
Thanks, btw, sorry I missed you earlier. :smile:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I actually think I saw that. Huh. Thats interesting.
Welcome to Wonderland! At this rate we'll have the whole cast lol

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Guys. I think I have finally figured out why I love 80's hiphop so much. All these years, people have been telling me I'm weird, but NOW I REMEMBER. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum were my favorites as a child (hence the new avvy).

I want so badly to show this show to my preschool students :big_grin:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Guys. I think I have finally figured out why I love 80's hiphop so much. All these years, people have been telling me I'm weird, but NOW I REMEMBER. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum were my favorites as a child (hence the new avvy).
Yeah I always liked them too, in fact they're pretty much the only version of the Tweedles I've ever liked, lol. Usually they're just too goofy and annoying for me. But in this version the Tweedles are actually the ones with the common sense and I enjoyed their sibling rivalry as well.

I want so badly to show this show to my preschool students :big_grin:
They did release three VHS tapes that are always available on Amazon and Ebay. That's what I'm thinking of writing my Blog entry about if I ever get a moment, lol.

It would be great to at least get those episodes on DVD. Here's the website where people can vote to try and get the series on DVD: http://tvshowsondvd.com/

This other Blog I found also has some suggestions about who to write to at Disney:

http://openvaultdisney.wordpress.com/2012/01/21/the-2012-letter-writing-campaign-january/