After Years in Obscurity, I'm Back...

StreetScenes

Reaction score
I was lost.
Yes ... I entered a few years ago, but did indeed get lost.
lost, eh? but you both made it back--did you try hare krishna? :wink: i, too, haven't been here that long, but welcome back to one of the only places in the world where not only does everyone get that joke, but it's not even very funny any more because it's so obvious...:boo:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Well, Welcome Back whoever you are. I wasn't here back in the day, when young whippersnappers didn't interupt my watching of my lawn... *Dreams *

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't know you..and I do a lot of reading of the old forum topics to :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Speaking of which...any thoughts on the Star Trek coming out this year?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Speaking of which...any thoughts on the Star Trek coming out this year?
Looks like crap if you ask me Beau. Looks like a big budget all thrills and spills special effects hoopla with little story telling. And this is the first time I ever saw a trek trailer where I did not want to see the movie. And the movie doesn't even come out until May.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Looks like a big budget all thrills and spills special effects hoopla with little story telling.
That's what I fear happened with this Day the Earth Stood Still remake. I'm hoping this Star Trek thing is better but we'll see.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
That's what I fear happened with this Day the Earth Stood Still remake. I'm hoping this Star Trek thing is better but we'll see.
Most movies are big budget/all special effects and very little story telling mess of movies now a days. Remember Transformers? I bet G.I. Joe is going to be the same thing too.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Looks like crap if you ask me Beau. Looks like a big budget all thrills and spills special effects hoopla with little story telling. And this is the first time I ever saw a trek trailer where I did not want to see the movie. And the movie doesn't even come out until May.
Hmm...yeah, I guess. I do trust the director. He did well with Mission Impossible, and usually concentrates on character rather than explosions. (Note how he barely even showed the monster in Cloverfield!) From what I've heard, there is a semi-decent storyline...

I just don't see the point in revisiting the past.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I just don't see the point in revisiting the past.
Neither do I, but it's happening. If Abrams wanted to do a Trek movie set in the past, do something with a new crew. The late 23 century/early 24th century has yet to be touched on.

I think Paramount is trying to get something familar with the fans because everyone knows Kirk and Spock and Scotty. They started it all.