After Years in Obscurity, I'm Back...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Though bad of me, I hope this new trek movie tanks at the box office, thus making Paramount to go back to the drawing board. I hate rebooots/reimaging of something classic.
Well I agree, there's too many remakes and not enough new ideas.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But sometimes, that's because the classic stuff is too good to cast aside for something that one seen on a daily basis (reality TV, Dora-esque or [adult swim]-esque framework, teenybopper stuff, et al).
Oh yeah but they don't really use the classic stuff, they try to remake it. To the point where it's not recognizable.

Like John Waters said, "Remake the bad movies, not the good ones." :wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Like John Waters said, "Remake the bad movies, not the good ones." :wink:
Hollywood isn't going to buy into that. They'll remake all the good movies, then remake the remake of the good movies, etc.

Can you imagine if Hollywood remade The Muppet Movie with all the muppets in cgi?:confused::eek:

unclematt

Reaction score
If a CGI Muppet Movie were to happen I might see it, only to see who they get to take all the guest stars palces. It would have to be new Guest Stars right? Imagine John Goodman coming up in the rowboat or Dane Cook selling ice cream at the fair or a much older Steve martin as the waiter. That might be worth seeing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It would really depend on the guest stars, some today are better than others. Though I guess I'm ultimately more of a purist and just don't want to see established movies changed too much. But that's just me. :smile:

I just wouldn't like using cgi because I do think there's this disrespectful attitude regarding puppetry, like it's primitive or something. I think the puppet Yoda was much more real than CGI Yoda any day. :wink: