American Idol

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
I think AI should change the way the voting is done. It should be that we vote for who we want to be voted off, not who we want to keep.
I think that approach would infuse the show with too much negativity - and ultimately I think it would be even less fair than the current system. Clay probably would've gotten voted off in the first couple weeks last season had that been the format. You would probably always end up with somebody mediocre winning, because the really good people ignite nearly as much negative passion as positive.

Last night on Entertainment Tonight they said that after the show John Stevens told Jennifer that he should've been voted off. I think he should step up to the plate and say that he would like to "resign" and put Jennifer in his place.
I think John has felt that way a few times in this competition. Josh felt really bad last year that Trenyce got voted off first. It's interesting, I read that suggestion about resigning about Nikki in Simon's book, and it had never occurred to me. I wonder if that's something they go over with the contestants; would they even see it as an option? They probably figure at that point they are bound by the will of the audience. Of course, most wouldn't want to drop out anyway, but if you know you're out of your league and want someone more worthy to stay in and you to avoid embarrassment, it might be the way to go.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Whatever said:
Is it true that voting is free? In the German version you have to pay $.50 per vote.
Really? Wow. That could get reallllly expensive. A lot of people over here vote for two hours straight. It is free, unless you're using text messaging. I'm not sure what the charges are on that, and I can't imagine why you'd do that instead. Maybe it's easier to get through...
Erin

Whatever

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Really? Wow. That could get reallllly expensive. A lot of people over here vote for two hours straight. It is free, unless you're using text messaging. I'm not sure what the charges are on that, and I can't imagine why you'd do that instead. Maybe it's easier to get through...
Erin
Yeah, my host dad only let us vote once the entire show, at the very last finale, for obvious reasons. However, my host family supported Alexander, who won (for his looks and popularity with the girls, he couldn't sing well), and I supported Juliette, who had a good personality and singing voice. So they voted for Alexander. :frown:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Oh, man, I'm so bummed! My grandparents called from York, PA the other day to say that Clay was going to be at the York Fair in September and that we ought to go see him. This morning my aunt called really early and told Mom the tickets were going on sale at 7 and she was going to try to get some for us. She called and tried online for more than an hour, but she never got through. She finally did get through on the computer, only to be told they were sold out. Grrrr! Oh, well, I'm not surprised. That's how it was when Elton John came to Erie, and when Train came back recently for the first show here since they hit the big time. We couldn't get tickets to either concert. Aunt Barb said people were waiting out at the York Fairgrounds for two days to get tickets. :eek: I guess it'll be awhile before I see him in concert...

On another note, did you hear that there were all these storms Tuesday night in Jennifer's hometown of Chicago that left 15,000 people unable to vote? If those lines hadn't been down, the results might have been a bit different... If it had been Fantasia instead of Jennifer, as insensed as people are now, I think there would really be an uproar.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Woo-hoo! I'm happy again! My mom told me to look online and see if Clay was going to be anywhere else near here this summer, and it turns out he's going to be in Dayton, OH, which is where my Uncle Michael and his family live, on August 28. I tried to order tickets, and whaddya know - I got through!!! So we're going to see Clay in August!!!! :big_grin:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hey, congrats Erin! You will have a great great time. And don't forget to pick up a cute-as-heck Clay Aiken keychain! My keys have thanked me for it.

:smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Wow. My mom woke me up this morning to tell me my aunt called this morning and managed to get tickets to the concert after all! My mom was just sorta flabbergasted. Then we realized that it's on a school day so dad and brother probably can't go. But Mom would rather go in York with my aunt, especially after she went to the trouble of getting tickets. I feel bad about Dad and Nathan, but really Dad didn't have any interest in going and I don't think Nathan cared either way. It sounds like what we are going to do is see if my grandparents want to use the two tickets, and then we're going to skip Dayton and sell the tickets. Mom can't justify going twice - though it still wouldn't be as much as we paid to see Paul and Artie. I'm just glad we're going. And I guess this goes to show that it pays to be persistent!
Erin

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Yay for Erin...but cry for me...

Erin, I'm excited for you that you will be able to go see Clay. This girl that works with me will be jealous...she loves Clay as much as I love Paula! :smile:

Speaking of Paula....now I'm going to cry :cry: ...I haven't been able to access my home email because we haven't had the internet at my house for a week. So Friday night I went to a friend's house and lo, and behold, there was an email from AI saying my name had come up on the list for tickets!!! I had my choice of going to this upcoming Tuesday or Wednesday's show or the taping of the final five show on Tuesday. So I had to see if my sister could come with me and we looked at our finances and found that we could for real cheap.

Saturday we got the internet back at my house and when I went to claim the tickets....they were all gone! :frown: :cry: I can put my name back on the list after Tuesday but AI only has one more month. I so want to go see Paula. Hopefully that'll happen soon and my name will come back up on the list for AI tickets.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Oh, man, that stinks! What a bummer. Shame on them for not waiting longer to let you claim your tickets. :attitude: My name got drawn once last season, but they were only good for that week and there was no way I could go right in the middle of school and everything. I hope you get a shot at tickets again! :halo:
Erin