American Idol

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I think Paula was reserved because her thumb is really killing her. But I thought she looked way pretty, maybe a bit too much lipstick, but pretty nonetheless. I thought it was so sweet how she cried at the end of Fantasia's song and how Simon was comforting her. I would really like to know what his girlfriend thinks of them always flirting.

Last night was a real good night for everyone. I really liked Fantasia and Latoya and George.

I think that Jasmine may be going as she wasn't as powerful.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Really liked the show last night. I thought George was so smooth and classy--we enjoyed him more last night than we have in a few weeks. La Toya and Fantasia were also both good. I'm guessing Jasmine goes tonight, which will make next week really tense!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
jediX said:
I thought Diana was probably the best (how I loathe anything Streisand; yet another reason I'm sick of Fantasia). Seriously, what's the deal with George's excessive smiling? It's becoming waaaay too fake looking... reminds me of some musical.
Doggone it! I'm really bummed I missed Diana... I don't think George is fake at all, I just think he's a genuinely incredibly happy person. Even tonight when he got booted - :frown: :frown: :frown: - he just seemed too full of good will to be really upset by it. He's got a really good heart as well as a good voice, and I think that he will go far.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
I thought it was so sweet how she cried at the end of Fantasia's song and how Simon was comforting her. I would really like to know what his girlfriend thinks of them always flirting.
I know, that was so sweet! It seems like Paula and Simon are awfully chummy this season... :wink:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Ack! I totally spaced and we missed it tonight (long day, brain elsewhere). Tivo was recording Smallville, and I forgot to set up the VCR. What happened? Is it true that George got booted? :frown: Who else was in "the bottom"? What did George say or do after finding out? Man, I'm so disappointed that we missed it!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, George and Jasmine were in the bottom 2 (they didn't do bottom 3). I really thought Jasmine would be the one to go, but it was George. He was incredibly gracious. He gave Jasmine a big hug and congratulated her, and he just kept saying thank you to everyone and the big grin never left his face. I'm sure he's disappointed, but it seems like he was just so grateful for the experience that leaving now didn't upset him too much. Everybody gave him really big applause, and Fantasia in particular seemed really broken up over him leaving. He sang the show out with "What a Wonderful World"; that seems like a really appropriate song for George and really describes his outlook on life. :cool:
Erin

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
:frown: :cry: :cry: I'm so bummed out about George being gone! He is so cool and such a great singer and entertainer! If it weren't for Paula being on the show I wouldn't watch anymore.......... :frown:

ceecee

Reaction score
I'm also disappointed that George is gone. He's been one of my fav's since the top 32. I admire him because he always seems so positive.

I'm not very interested in watching anymore until perhaps the finale.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I thought tonight was good but not exciting. I really don't like disco... I wish someone had done If You Could Read My Mind. Then again, there's something mighty irreverent about disco-fying Gordon Lightfoot... I think Jasmine is out, and Diana next week. I felt bad for Jasmine tonight. I thought they were awfully hard on her; she's so good at keeping her composure but she couldn't hold it in tonight.

On another note, I saw Clay Aiken on Leno!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: My dad alerted me to him being on. Hooray for Dad! Leno brought him out to talk for a while, and he was wearing his glasses! I was happy, because he so rarely wears glasses since getting on AI. He looked soooo cute, an intriguing combination of Fonzie-cool and Niles Crane-nerdy. (I was switching between Leno and Letterman because David Hyde Pierce was on Letterman. Niles rocks!) He was extremely witty and fun, and then he sang Solitaire exquisitely. The only problem: Leno said it was from his album Measure of a Man. Oh, well, all his really big fans know that already...

He also rated a mention on Conan tonight, though not a very flattering one. During "In the Year 2000" sketch, Conan said "Batman admits that he is gay. And Clay Aiken admits that he is Batman." :rolleyes: Not as bad as Rube, though, who got "Ruben Studdard gets his stomach stapled to lose weight. Unfortunately, the staples turn out to be made of Canadian bacon..." How rude! I also caught Clay in "In Touch" magazine today, but he mentioned that on Leno and said he was ticked off about that article because these people were scoping out his house and everything. The price of fame...
Erin