An Unbreakable Bond - The third Rowlf story

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And here's the third of Rowlf's stories... Rully hoping for an update soon... Come on Beth, Rowlf just had his birthday yesterday. So how's about giving us the treat of a new chapter? Please? Ish?

4 fics jotted down.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Nine:

As they embraced Wanda remembered Moe and while she wanted the moment to last forever, she knew Rowlf needed to take care of things with his brother.

“Moe,” she whispered.

“Um, it would be helpful if you didn’t mention my brother’s name when you’re kissing me,” said Rowlf.

“No! You have to find Moe!” exclaimed Wanda.

“Oh! That’s right!” said Rowlf pulling away. They stepped out into the hallway just as Robin came running up to find them.

“Your mom is on the phone Rowlf and she sounds mad,” said Robin.

“Oh no,” said Rowlf and looked back at Wanda.

“Go ahead,” she said and smiled. For now their good news would be their little secret.

Rowlf took the stairs two at a time running down to the phone and braced himself for what Felicia was going to say.

“Mom?” said Rowlf picking up the phone.

“Rowlf, I know something is up. I need to talk to your brother RIGHT NOW,” Felicia exclaimed without even a hello.

“Um, small problem with that mom,” said Rowlf.

“Don’t you tell me he’s indisposed! I want to speak to him right now!” she yelled.

“Mom look, Moe’s got some problems. I thought I could handle them but I can’t. We got into a fight and he ran off. But don’t worry. Hensonville isn’t that big and Kermit and the guys are out looking for him right now,” said Rowlf being as honest as he could.

“Why aren’t you with them? That’s your brother!” exclaimed Felicia.

“Well mom I had some things to take care of with Wanda,” said Rowlf.

“Couldn’t your girlfriend wait just a little bit? Moe is your brother, your own flesh and blood!” said Felicia.

“Well mom, Wanda’s going to be family too now. We just got engaged all right? She’s my fiancée now,” said Rowlf getting a little irritated with his mother.

At hearing this, Felicia forgot about Moe for a moment.

“Really? You and that little kitty are engaged! My boy is getting married! Oh this is wonderful!” she gushed.

“Thanks mom,” said Rowlf.

“Oh we’ll have a wonderful huge wedding with all your friends and Rex, Charlie and Moe can be your attendants. Wait, Moe! I almost forgot,” said Felicia.

“Don’t worry mom, I’ve got things under control. But mom, I think Moe needs some counseling. He’s really screwed up right now,” said Rowlf.

“All right dear. You go find him. When you do, you boys call me and we’ll talk about Moe coming home and getting some help,” said Felicia.

Satisfied that Rowlf and his friends could find Moe, Felicia let Rowlf off the phone. He hung up and turned around. Then he panicked. Where would Moe go? Suddenly it came to him and he hurried out of the theatre.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Kermit and Fozzie headed up one direction of town, down the main drag by Juhl’s Pizza Place, Beth’s Clock Shop and The Three Candles to name a few. Gonzo, Scooter and Clifford headed back towards the boarding house.

“Kermit, where do you think he went?” asked Fozzie.

“I don’t know but we need to cover all parts of town,” said Kermit.

After checking in with all the local merchants and talking to Beth, Ryan, Ed, Kathy, Lisa, Kim, Sara, Bryan, Melissa and other human friends who hadn’t seen Moe they decided to head back to the theatre.

“I hope he didn’t leave town or something,” said Fozzie thinking of when he’d run away not long ago after facing some of his own problems.

“That’s it!” exclaimed Kermit and took off towards the train station.

He found Moe sitting on a bench staring off into space.

“Moe?” asked Kermit.

“Oh, hi Kermit. I’m just waiting for a train. I’ll be gone soon, tell Rowlf not to worry,” said Moe sadly.

“Where are you going?” asked Kermit.

“I don’t know. I thought I’d go to Texas. The Lone Star state. Since I’ll be a lone dog,” said Moe.

“You know something Moe, I don’t think that you should go there,” said Kermit.

“Well I can’t stay here with Rowlf. I can’t go home,” said Moe.

“What happened?” asked Kermit.

While he talked to Moe, Fozzie came up from behind with Rowlf not far in tow. Fozzie started to say something but Rowlf stopped him. He wanted to sit back and listen to see if his brother would open up to his oldest friend.

“Nothing happened. I finished treatment, went home to Mom, Rex and Charlie like nothing ever was wrong,” said Moe.

“So, what made you run away? What made you come here?” asked Kermit.

“I came here because I needed to be close to Rowlf. I…I’m so afraid of what happened to me. I was really sick. They told me if I didn’t get the transfusion from Rowlf I would’ve died within a few months. The whole time I was really upbeat about everything but the truth was, I was so scared. I’m still scared. What if it comes back? I wanted to come here and be close to Rowlf because he gave me life. By giving me life, he’s given me the courage to live. We’re bonded together. I just needed to be with him,” said Moe starting to shake.

“But there’s more to it, isn’t there? Why don’t you feel like you can be home?” asked Kermit.

“I don’t want to be there because everything reminds me of being sick. Mom’s hovering over me all the time. Rex and Charlie are afraid to come near me like they’ll break me or something. Every day it’s a constant reminder. I just want to forget everything,” said Moe.

Rowlf stepped forward finally and put his paw on Moe’s shoulder from behind.

“They’re just doing it because they love you. And I love you too. Now come on big brother, we need to talk,” said Rowlf.

With that Kermit got and joined Fozzie to go let everyone know that Moe was found.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you... You're learning from the best... Pulling at our heartstrings and dropping references left and right...
*Hmmm, we should get that janitor out of the closet to clean this up...

Fozzie having run away to face his own problems, *ping, reference to MarkFraggle's story?
The rest of the shops of Hensonville and the merchants... Thank you and a hug for that.
Hee, nice to see the reaction from Felicia when she got the news about the engagement.
And some heavy stuff Moe's going through from the conversation he had with Rowlf's oldest friend.

Good stuff here Beth... Look forward to more when ready.

christyb

Reaction score
Ooooo, this is great. Rowlf and Wanda are engaged! I love it. Sorry it took me so long to get around to reading. Now....more please. We can't be patient for very long you know. :wink:

MarkFraggle

Reaction score
Blarg. I was gone so long I missed an update! Comments time...

redBoobergurl said:
As they embraced Wanda remembered Moe and while she wanted the moment to last forever, she knew Rowlf needed to take care of things with his brother.
wow, it takes some sorta woman to think of anyone other than herself at a moment like this. good for you, Wanda!

redBoobergurl said:
“Moe,” she whispered.

“Um, it would be helpful if you didn’t mention my brother’s name when you’re kissing me,” said Rowlf.
redBoobergurl said:
“Your mom is on the phone Rowlf and she sounds mad,” said Robin.

“Oh no,” said Rowlf and looked back at Wanda.
Mothers have amazing timing. All of them. Everywhere.

redBoobergurl said:
“Rowlf, I know something is up. I need to talk to your brother RIGHT NOW,” Felicia exclaimed without even a hello.

“Um, small problem with that mom,” said Rowlf.

“Don’t you tell me he’s indisposed! I want to speak to him right now!” she yelled.

“Mom look, Moe’s got some problems. I thought I could handle them but I can’t. We got into a fight and he ran off. But don’t worry. Hensonville isn’t that big and Kermit and the guys are out looking for him right now,” said Rowlf being as honest as he could.

“Why aren’t you with them? That’s your brother!” exclaimed Felicia.

“Well mom I had some things to take care of with Wanda,” said Rowlf.

“Couldn’t your girlfriend wait just a little bit? Moe is your brother, your own flesh and blood!” said Felicia.
Wooo. Don't challenge a mom when she has a full head of steam. Love Felicia here, she's so ... real.

redBoobergurl said:
“Well mom, Wanda’s going to be family too now. We just got engaged all right? She’s my fiancée now,” said Rowlf getting a little irritated with his mother.

At hearing this, Felicia forgot about Moe for a moment.

“Really? You and that little kitty are engaged! My boy is getting married! Oh this is wonderful!” she gushed.
That little kitty. Haha! Love how Felecia switched from angry to gushy in zero seconds.

redBoobergurl said:
“Oh we’ll have a wonderful huge wedding with all your friends and Rex, Charlie and Moe can be your attendants. Wait, Moe! I almost forgot,” said Felicia.
great train of thought which eventually leads back to Moe. very natural.

redBoobergurl said:
“Don’t worry mom, I’ve got things under control. But mom, I think Moe needs some counseling. He’s really screwed up right now,” said Rowlf.

“All right dear. You go find him. When you do, you boys call me and we’ll talk about Moe coming home and getting some help,” said Felicia.

Counseling? Poor, Moe! Good that they want to get him fixed up, though.

redBoobergurl said:
Kermit and Fozzie headed up one direction of town, down the main drag by Juhl’s Pizza Place, Beth’s Clock Shop and The Three Candles to name a few. Gonzo, Scooter and Clifford headed back towards the boarding house.

I really need to learn my way around Hensonville...

redBoobergurl said:
“I hope he didn’t leave town or something,” said Fozzie thinking of when he’d un away not long ago after facing some of his own problems.

“That’s it!” exclaimed Kermit and took off towards the train station.

Now when did Fozzie ever leave town? I recall nothing of the sort!

redBoobergurl said:
“I don’t know. I thought I’d go to Texas. The Lone Star state. Since I’ll be a lone dog,” said Moe.

Awww. Moe is so pitiable. Lone Dog is a good line. Made me chuckle after feeling bad.

redBoobergurl said:
While he talked to Moe, Fozzie came up from behind with Rowlf not far in tow. Fozzie started to say something but Rowlf stopped him. He wanted to sit back and listen to see if his brother would open up to his oldest friend.

VERY smart, Rowlf. Good move to stay outta the way for a bit. Kermit has a way of getting people to open up.

redBoobergurl said:
“I came here because I needed to be close to Rowlf. I…I’m so afraid of what happened to me. I was really sick. They told me if I didn’t get the transfusion from Rowlf I would’ve died within a few months. The whole time I was really upbeat about everything but the truth was, I was so scared. I’m still scared. What if it comes back? I wanted to come here and be close to Rowlf because he gave me life. By giving me life, he’s given me the courage to live. We’re bonded together. I just needed to be with him,” said Moe starting to shake.
Awwww again! Moe is a wonderfully lovable character.

redBoobergurl said:
“But there’s more to it, isn’t there? Why don’t you feel like you can be home?” asked Kermit.

Good old Kermit. So gentle and caring, but not willing to let you get away without being fully honest.

redBoobergurl said:
“They’re just doing it because they love you. And I love you too. Now come on big brother, we need to talk,” said Rowlf.

With that Kermit got and joined Fozzie to go let everyone know that Moe was found.
Whew, Moe and Rowlf on speaking terms again. Good to see family sticking together.

Tough chapter -- so happy with Rowlf and Wanda, but so, so sad with poor Moe. Can't wait for more!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks Mark! I hope to have an update up tomorrow. Update up? Does that sound right? I don't know, I've been working on a mind numbing data entry project so I don't even know if I make sense right now. Yes, yes, why make sense when it's more profitable to make dollars, I know, I know. Anyway, I'll be working on this project tomorrow too, but I think I'll force myself to take a break and work on the story too cause it'll help me clear my head. At least, I hope so!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Um Mark... Me thinks that part in Beth's last chapter... Where she mentions how Fozzie had to leave town to deal with his own problems... That's possibly a reference to your own fanfic, When Fozzie Lost His Funny.
Hope this helps, maybe the author can confirm that for herself.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
It was a reference to his story, I think he was just being sarcastic Ed. :smile: I could be wrong though. More story coming...soonish...stay tuned.

MarkFraggle

Reaction score
Sarcasm it was. Sorry about that, CountEd -- sometimes sarcasm is tricky to get across on the internet.

But I'm happy that you noticed my story, Ed! That made me smile.