An Unbreakable Bond - The third Rowlf story

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh... No worries Mark. Will stop by and read through, if I get a chance. Have other readings to do for my classes this weekend.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
ooo it has been a while since I have read this fan fic..it fits with the other two..awesome story by the way, I can't wait to read more and see how this whole situation turns out.:smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*sigh*

All right, I'll admit it. I've lost my momentum. I've hit a brick wall. I've entered...writer's block territory. Between that and the projects keeping me busy at work and some stuff going on in my personal life (nothing major so don't worry about me) I just haven't gotten to this story. And that makes me sad because it's the last of a trilogy and I really need to finish it! Believe me, it will happen...I just don't know when. Bear with me, I promise not to forget it completely.
Fozzie: You called?
What?
Fozzie: You said "Bear with me" and I'm a bear! Wocka wocka!
Oh good gosh.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*To Fozzie: Isn't Layla supposed to be looking after you?

Beth... Just know we're here for you. Drop us a line if you want to talk about cracking this writer's block of yours. We can bat some ideas around, and maybe put a nice few finishing touches to help you get this thing started.

Statler and Waldorf: Why must you get things started?
But let's get things started on this wonderful fanfic again! Please? Ish?

Java

Reaction score
How's that writer's block going?

I'm sorry I haven't responded to this last chapter yet. It was wonderful and almost gave away myself at work when I read that I was included in the search! Thank you!!

If I can be of any help let me know. Things are starting to settle down for me as I hope they are for you.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah Beth... If you need to talk to get some ideas and drive this story along, don't hesitate to drop us a line.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Finally! Here's chapter 10!

Chapter Ten:

“Rowlf, I’m so sorry I messed up your life, I really am,” said Moe.

“No man, you didn’t mess up my life. I overreacted. But Moe, you’ve got a real problem that you need to face,” said Rowlf.

“I’m so scared Rowlf,” said Moe beginning to tremble a little bit.

“I know, I would be scared too. But you can’t live your life in fear of what ifs. I did not give you such a large gift to just see you bury your head in the sand. I want you to go out and live!” exclaimed Rowlf.

“I want to be able to do that, there’s just something inside of me holding me back. That’s why I thought if I came out here with you it would go away. I’ve got part of your life pumping through my veins so I guess I wanted to be part of your physical life too,” said Moe.

“I really do understand that Moe. But the thing is, is that I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to live here with me permanently. Coming here, visiting, getting away, I totally understand all that. But I think you need to live your own life Moe, not mine,” said Rowlf. It was hard for him to tell his brother this, but it was the truth.

“I know,” said Moe.

“Um, this is really hard to tell you but I talked to mom again before coming to find you. She and I agreed that you should go back home and get some counseling. You’ve been through a major trauma and we feel someone professional can help you better than any of us right now,” said Rowlf carefully watching Moe as he said it.

Moe was quiet for a long time.

“I think you’re right,” he said finally.

“And you and me? We are definitely connected bro. I’ll come home and visit more and you really are welcome here anytime,” said Rowlf.

“That sounds good. I kind of knew all along my coming and living with you wasn’t the greatest idea but I just didn’t know what else to do,” said Moe.

“You did the right thing really. If you hadn’t come here we would never have realized how serious your problem was. And you helped inadvertently with Wanda and me too. I finally proposed because of all this,” said Rowlf.

“Dude! You’re engaged? And you waited all this time to tell me?” said Moe sounding more like his old self.

“Hey man, more important matters to discuss!” said Rowlf laughing a bit. They both stood up.

“Now what?” asked Moe.

“Tell you what, let’s go back to the theatre, call mom and why don’t you stay another day or two before I ship you home to get your head examined. Sound good?” asked Rowlf.

“Yeah, I can wait a few days for some shrink to fix me,” said Moe.

“Ooh, don’t say “fix me” around a doctor,” chuckled Rowlf as they started heading back to the boarding house. The conversation was much lighter as they walked. Finally they got to the front steps as the sun was setting.

“Rowlf?” asked Moe before they got up on the steps.

“Yeah?” asked Rowlf.

“What if it doesn’t work? The counseling?” asked Moe.

“What did I tell you? No what ifs. Believe in yourself man, you’ll get better,” said Rowlf with a smile and then led him into the boarding house.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Everyone had gathered for their usual chaotic dinner. Rowlf and Moe entered the room and a hush fell over the crowd.

“We’re cool everyone, you can all go back to your craziness,” said Rowlf. With that everyone started chatting with one another again and swinging from chandeliers and everything else that took place at dinnertime.

Rowlf and Moe took a seat near Wanda at the end of the table.

“I’m so glad you guys patched everything up. Is everything all right?” asked Wanda.

“Yeah. Hey, I’m sorry if I messed anything up for you guys,” said Moe.

“You didn’t do anything wrong. I’m just happy you’re here,” said Wanda smiling.

Dinner was served, something indescribable by the Swedish Chef. As everyone was devouring it without trying to think of what it actually was Moe stood up and clinked his glass. Amazingly it got everyone’s attention.

“I just wanted to apologize for my behavior since I’ve been here. I know I’ve been a little nutty,” said Moe.

“It’s all good man, so are we!” exclaimed Floyd.

“Anyway, I’m going to stay a couple of more days and then thanks to my brother I’m going home to get help and face my problems. I wanted to thank you all, especially Kermit for your kindness and letting me stay,” said Moe,

“It was our pleasure,” said Kermit.

“Now, if you’ll raise a glass with me, let us toast my brother Rowlf and Wanda on their engagement!” exclaimed Moe excitedly.

Rowlf groaned a little as Wanda shifted uncomfortably in her seat. They hadn’t told anyone their news yet. It was silent in the room.

“I wasn’t supposed to say that was I?” said Moe nervously as he sat down.

Then all at once everyone started chattering excitedly.

“Rowlf you dog, you gone and gotten yourself engaged!”

“Wait, I thought he was a dog.”

“Like Wanda, this is rully exciting, you’ll be a rully beautiful bride.”

“When did you have time to do that in the wild goose chase and all?”

“Congratulations you guys!”

“Can I be a ring bearer?”

“Can I waltz down the aisle wearing a flaming tuxedo while playing the tuba and eating pickles?”

"DOGGY! KITTY! MARRIED!"

Kermit leaned over to them as the questions and comments continued and whispered, “You know you can still back out Wanda, I don’t know if you want this crazy bunch, you do know you marry one of us, you’ll marry all of us.”

“I’ll take all of you any day,” said Wanda smiling.

“Seriously though, congrats you guys, I’m very happy for you,” said Kermit.

Rowlf smiled as he took Wanda’s hand and sat back as the chaos continued around them. He looked over and winked at Moe so he’d know it was ok for outing their secret. Moe smiled back and continued eating the mystery food. Rowlf was confident Moe would get better. They would continue to be close to one another, after all they had an unbreakable bond.

He then looked at his now fiance and around the room at all of his friends as he thought of his family back home. This was what it was all about. This was his life. And he had never been happier.

The End.

I know, I know. You're all probably going, after all this time, that's the end?? Well, here's the thing. I realized going through my writers block that there's more story here that doesn't go in this story. If that makes sense. So, I needed to end this one and can't believe it, but I'm daring to write one more. Yep, I need to tell the story of Rowlf and Wanda's wedding. So, soon I will post a preview of that when I get it written and then I'll post the story. And hopefully it won't be so drawn out and string you along as much as this one did. Thanks again to all my readers for your patience, your understanding and your support!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
HALLELUJAH, THE CYCLE IS BROKEN!

Sorry to shout, but TWICE today I've talked about how no one has been posting more fanfic and I can't even nag because I'm just as guilty and now finally someone- YOU- posted! Which means now you get to go nag everyone and we can all start posting again! Except don't nag me because I'll have a chapter up by the end of the day I guarantee it! WHOO!

Okay now that I got that out of my system.

YAAAAAAAAAAY for the chapter! I love that Moe caused ONE more awkward moment before he left, it's just the right touch.

And now you say there's ONE MORE? Ooooh! (Funny how these stories just keep growing, isn't it? Believe me, I know the feeling...)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Skye

Reaction score
Yay, Beth! I am so glad to see that you got a chance to post with work and your writer's block and everything. I hope everything is a bit less hectic for you right now.

And what a great ending this was! Really nicely done. Rowlf and Moe getting a chance to really talk, and everyone finding out about Rowlf and Wanda's engagement... that was such a cute part! I've always loved how perfectly you capture the character's personalities. And I'm so excited to hear that another story's on its way! Take your time... and I know I'm definitely looking forward to it!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Beth... Sorry I didn't post earlier, was watching the ball game and I didn't get an update that an update had been posted.

Great finish, especially with Moe blurting out the engagement. Great Muppety lines, muddling it all like usual.
And I look forward to the wedding story whenever it gets posted. Eyeing at doing something meself in a little while, but yes, please Ish... Nag away at all the others at your heart's content, maybe it'll get them to post more.