An Unbreakable Bond - The third Rowlf story

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Two:

Rowlf got back to the boarding house and went inside. Wanda met him right away. She was dressed beautifully from head to toe. She was wearing a purple sleeveless silk dress.

“Wow, you look great. I’m so sorry tonight was ruined,” said Rowlf.

“Well, I’m still not sure what was even going on. Kermit said to dress up and that you’d have a surprise for me,” said Wanda.

“Oh, it was just a nice romantic dinner to celebrate being together. Nothing hugely important,” said Rowlf. He didn’t want to spoil the secret and he certainly wasn’t proposing right here.

“Oh well. Another time I guess?” said Wanda sounding a little disappointed.

“Definitely,” said Rowlf and leaned forward to give her a kiss.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On this very same evening, in a taxi cab warehouse in Minnesota, an argument was taking place.

“Moe, you really need to think about what you’re doing. I just don’t know if it’s a good idea,” said Felicia the Dog.

“Mom, please, this is just something I need to do. Besides, the doctor says I’m healthy enough to travel and I’m 100 % cured,” said her son Moe.

“For now you’re cured. What if something happens? What if it comes back?” asked Felicia.

“It’s going to be fine Mom. And if something happens, I’m sure they have doctors in Hensonville,” said Moe.

“I just think you should call before just dropping in on him,” said Rex, one of Moe’s brothers.

“If I do that he might tell me not to come. Plus, it’s more than that. I just need to get away from here right now. I just want you guys to understand,” said Moe.

“We do understand bro, really, but you know Rowlf’s got his own thing going right now,” said the third brother Charlie.

“I’m only going to be of help to him, you’ll see,” said Moe.

“Well, if we really can’t talk you out of it then I guess we’ll have to let you go,” said Felicia.

“Thanks guys,” said Moe.

“When are you coming back?” asked Charlie.

“I don’t know,” said Moe.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next morning Rowlf was up early and met Kermit in the kitchen where the coffee was already brewing.

“So, last night wasn’t exactly what you planned,” said Kermit.

“Shhh,” said Rowlf looking around.

“Don’t worry, we’re the only ones up,” said Kermit.

“Oh, ok. Yeah, things did not go according to plan at all,” said Rowlf.

“Does Wanda suspect anything?” asked Kermit.

“No, I don’t think so. But now I need to come up with another plan,” said Rowlf.

“Another plan for what?” asked Fozzie coming into the kitchen.

“Um, nothing,” said Rowlf and sighed. He never got any privacy.

“Hey Fozzie, why don’t you go get the paper?” suggested Kermit.

“Oh, sure,” said Fozzie and dashed out of the room.

“Ok, here’s the new plan,” said Kermit lowering his voice.

“What?” asked Rowlf.

“I’ll get the guys to stop for pizza on the way home from the theatre tonight. You can come here and make a romantic dinner for Wanda and then ask her,” whispered Kermit.

“That’s a great idea! What if everyone notices we’re not joining them?” asked Rowlf.

“I’ll tell them you both weren’t feeling well or something,” said Kermit.

“Mr. the Frog, you are so devious, no one from Sesame Street better find out about your little white lies!” exclaimed Rowlf.

“I know,” muttered Kermit.

Fozzie came back with the paper and then more and more Muppets started trickling in for breakfast. Then came the usual race to the Electric Mayhem bus. Wanda had really caught on to the routine so her and Rowlf were rarely stuck riding in Beauregard’s cab anymore.

Kermit got on the bus and made an announcement before they started to drive away.

“Hey everyone! Tonight we’re stopping for pizza on the way home. And there will be no arguments this time; we’re getting the standard toppings. Not peanut butter and pickles or exploding pepperoni or anything like that all right?” said Kermit.

Soon everyone was abuzz with excitement over getting pizza and things were quite noisy.

Rowlf leaned over to Wanda and said “We’re going to skip pizza tonight. I’m going to make dinner for you.”

“Really?” asked Wanda.

“Yeah, I thought it would be nice,” said Rowlf.

“Great,” said Wanda and smiled.

The bus arrived at the theatre and everyone piled inside and set to work.

Across the street a bus was pulling in to the bus station.

Moe got off and claimed his luggage and then started looking around.

“I think that’s the theatre,” he said and headed over and stepped inside.

“Moi needs this dress in red, not black!” exclaimed Piggy running past.

“Animal! Don’t eat the props for that number! Come back!” yelled Dr. Teeth running one way.

“PROPS! YUMMY!” yelled Animal running another direction.

Moe looked around at the chaos unfolding before him and knew he was in the right place. Sure he had been here once before, but that was with the rest of his family. He sighed with relief when he recognized the characters running around him. Now if he could just find his brother.

“Hey, you look familiar,” said Scooter approaching him.

“Yeah, I’m looking for my brother,” he said.

“I’ll see if I can find him,” said Scooter at the same time a voice came from behind them.

“Moe? What are you doing here?” said Rowlf.

“Rowlf! I’ve been looking all over for you!” exclaimed Moe.

“Seriously, I’m glad to see you, but what are you doing here?” asked Rowlf.

“Well, remember in the hospital when I said I would owe you for everything you’ve done for me?” asked Moe.

“Sure,” said Rowlf.

“Well, I’m here to do that now! I’m moving in with you!” exclaimed Moe.

Rowlf appreciated the enthusiasm, but the timing was all wrong. How would he ever ask Wanda to marry him now?

christyb

Reaction score
Beth said:
“Well, it may have involved Gonzo, some chili powder and an old pair of shoes,” said Kermit.
Beth that has to be my new favorite line! Secondly, tis a fabulous story indeed. I love the overzealousness of Moe. And how everything keeps going wrong when Rowlf is trying to have a special moment with Wanda. I mean what else can you expect from a house full of bears, chickens, and things.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
redBoobergurl said:
“Mr. the Frog, you are so devious, no one from Sesame Street better find out about your little white lies!” exclaimed Rowlf.
I simply ADORE this line! It makes me giggle. Matter of fact, the entire chapter is awesome. Moe, Moe, can I hug Moe? I REALLY wanna see where this goes!

MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Cookie Monster: Hey nice Beth lady... Where me brownies?
Me not guess right about Deanstown?

Seriously, it's a great chapter Beth.
Oy, the conversation back in the taxi warehouse in MN...
And then Rowlf and Kermit talking... Love that line about The Frog's little white lies.
Going out for pizza, with all the standard toppings. Wonder where the pizzeria's in town. Maybe they'll have to order it from Jerry's Place?
And then Moe. What can I say... Troubles ahead for Rowlf, when he's just trying to get everything to go right for his special date with Wanda.

Moe please!

BTW: Wanda's dress... She borrowed that from Piggy? Or is that her own?
Like I said befo', Moe please!

Leyla

Reaction score
Yay! I'm definately enjoying this... although I do feel rather sorry for Rowlf.

redBoobergurl said:
“For now you’re cured. What if something happens? What if it comes back?” asked Felicia.
Aw... I'm touched by the mama worry. Although Moe is clearly not the member of the family with the most sense!

“I know,” muttered Kermit.
Heehee, loved this, like everyone else! I particularly like Kermit's reaction.

Exploding pepperoni... yeah, I'd believe it of these guys.

“Well, I’m here to do that now! I’m moving in with you!” exclaimed Moe.
I like how he presents this as a gift to Rowlf... even as I shake my head.

Lots of good clean muppety fun in this. Keep it up!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Originally posted by Professor Count
Cookie Monster: Hey nice Beth lady... Where me brownies?
Me not guess right about Deanstown?
Ah yes, you did get that right, I just wasn't paying attention. So, for that not only do you get brownies, but here's some muffins too. :smile:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Cookie Monster: Thank you! *Hugs Beth, turning to devour brownies.
Oh, me have friends who like this too... Me go get them.
*Count and I come in... Hey, anybody order any milk?
Grover: I thought I heard a cow in here earlier.

No no no... Just milk, now go mingle among the guests and see if they want anything. Oh, they're taken care of. Then just sit here with us Grover and have some muffin pieces with good wholesome milk.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Wonder if this nice little story will get updated soon.
Oh well... I'll just go pester some of the other authors for some more of their stories too.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Funny you should mention that Ed, I've got an update right here!

Chapter Three:

“Um, moving in with me? I don’t know if that’s such a good idea,” said Rowlf when his head cleared a little.

“Rowlf, please, you have to let me stay with you,” said Moe.

“What does mom think about this? What’s going on? I’m a little confused Moe,” said Rowlf.

“Can we go somewhere and talk?” asked Moe looking around at all the chaos that continued around them.

“Sure,” said Rowlf. He led Moe backstage and to his dressing room. As they headed up the stairs, they passed Wanda.

“Moe! What are you doing here?” she asked giving him a hug.

“I’m hoping to stay for awhile,” said Moe.

“Oh? Um, that’s great,” said Wanda giving Rowlf a look. Rowlf just shrugged his shoulders.

“Come on Moe, let’s go in here,” said Rowlf ushering him in the door to his dressing room. He shut the door behind them.

Moe looked around. There were pictures on the wall from various performances. Some awards were hanging up. The closet was stocked with hats, collars, props and a few costume items. “Wow bro, this is nice, you have your own room here and everything,” he said.

“Yeah well, I’ve been around longer than anyone else besides Kermit, so I guess I’ve earned it. Now, what’s going on?” asked Rowlf.

“I just can’t stay at home anymore, I don’t belong there,” burst out Moe.

~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile, the rest of the theatre was buzzing with chatter and rumors about Moe’s sudden visit.

“Hey Clifford, did ya hear dat Rowlf’s brother is here and he’s movin in the Boardin’ house?” asked Rizzo.

“No man, are you serious? We don’t have any more room in that Joint! Kerm better do something about it,” said Clifford.

In another corner of the room, Janice and Floyd and the rest of the band were talking.

“Like, I heard that Rowlf’s brother like totally wants his room and his place here and everything and Rowlf’s being forced out,” said Janice.

“Man, that’s not cool, how could he do that?” asked Floyd.

“Hey guys, our main Green Dude won’t let that happen. Besides, do we even know if this dog can jam?” asked Dr. Teeth.

Fozzie and Gonzo were also talking about it.

“So did you hear that Moe is here to steal Wanda away from Rowlf? Poor Rowlf, that’s just horrible,” said Fozzie.

“How do we know she’d even want to be with him? For all we know Moe’s here to make Rowlf perform a flying leap into a tub of green jello instead of playing the piano as normal,” said Gonzo.

Kermit happened to walk by as Fozzie and Gonzo were talking.

“Moe’s here?” asked Kermit.

“Yeah, they’re up talking in Rowlf’s dressing room,” said Fozzie.

“Hmm, maybe I should go check this out,” said Kermit and headed upstairs.

~ ~ ~ ~

“What do you mean you don’t belong there anymore?” asked Rowlf.

“Ever since I’ve been home from the hospital I just feel so suffocated. Mom’s smothering me, the guys are walking around like they’re on eggshells, and it’s awful! Things just don’t feel the same. I’m constantly reminded of what happened everywhere I go. I just needed to get away. Plus, I just really want to pay you back for saving my life. I thought maybe I could be your assistant or something, iron your clothes, clean your room, whatever,” said Moe.

“Moe, we’re dogs, we don’t wear clothes,” said Rowlf calmly. He couldn’t exactly turn his brother away, but this was a little frustrating.

“Well, still, whatever you need I’d do it if you’d let me stay here for awhile,” said Moe.

Rowlf sighed.

“Are you sure about this?” he asked.

“You know the shrink I was seeing at the hospital? He suggested I make a fresh start somewhere. I really want to do it here. I feel connected to you Rowlf and right now I just need to be with you. Please, let me stay,” said Moe.

Rowlf thought about it and remembered it wasn’t that long ago that he was feeling lost not knowing where his family was or if he even had one. Now that he found them, he did wish he could see them more often. This would be a chance to connect with his brother and become closer.

“All right,” said Rowlf finally, “ but we’ll have to make sure it’s all right with Kermit.”

“Thank you!” exclaimed Moe and gave his brother a bear hug.

“Ok, ok you don’t have to smother me,” said Rowlf pushing Moe off a little bit.

Kermit had been listening in and decided at that moment to knock on the door.

“Come in,” said Rowlf.

“Hey Rowlf I heard Moe was here,” said Kermit.

“Yep, he’s right here,” said Rowlf.

“So he is!” exclaimed Kermit playing dumb. Rowlf could see in his eyes though that he had been listening in and knew exactly what was going on.

“He was wondering if he could stay awhile,” said Rowlf.

“At the boarding house? Sure, why not? I was thinking you could probably use some extra help anyway, right Rowlf?” said Kermit giving him a wink.

“Uh, yeah, actually we were just talking about that,” said Rowlf.

“All right, it’s settled then. Moe will move in with you in your room back at the house and he’ll be your assistant. Let me know if you need anything else,” said Kermit and walked away. This was basically code to Rowlf to talk to him privately later.

“Will do, thanks Kermit,” said Rowlf. Then he turned to Moe. “I guess it’s settled,” he said.

“You won’t regret this Rowlf!” exclaimed Moe.

“I’m sure I won’t,” said Rowlf forcing a smile. He didn’t have a good feeling about this.

christyb

Reaction score
Wonderful Beth! I love the struggle that's in the air between Rowlf and Moe. (and the fact that Moe is oblivous). Also, your rumor mill had me cracking up. Isn't that true about how things get around though. All blown up and out of proportion and utterly ridiculous. :smile: