An Unbreakable Bond - The third Rowlf story

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hu-boy... Rowlf, you've got an uneasy alliance with your brother there. Just hope it doesn't come to blows when the inevitable conflict/confrontation takes place later in the story.
And the gossip among the rest of the gang was great.

Kermit, that little imp... Doesn't he know he could give his nephew the wrong impression?
Wondering what'll happen with that private talk later, and Rowlf's plans to woo Wanda.
Man, a great story like this deserves the praise... And updating...
So, more please? Soon... Ish?

Java

Reaction score
Oh, I want more too. Loved the rumor mill, got out of hand as fast as the one at work does... Wonderful chapter.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Chapter Four:

Rowlf told Moe that until they were done with practice and ready to go he could stay and clean his dressing room. Right now, he needed to find Wanda.

He found her hanging out with Camilla and Janice. She had made a connection with Miss Piggy initially, but now was getting comfortable with more of the female cast.

“Like, that shade of green would be rully great on you for that number,” said Janice pointing to a dress hanging on the side.

“Bawk, ba-gock,” said Camilla in agreement.

“I’ll have to ask Hilda if it’s my size. Maybe she can let it in a little bit,” said Wanda.

“Fer sure,” said Janice.

“Hey Wanda, can I talk to you for a second?” asked Rowlf.

“Sure,” said Wanda. Janice and Camilla continued to stand there.

“Alone?” asked Rowlf pointedly.

“Oh, like sorry man, we’re out of here,” said Janice.

“Bock,” clucked Camilla.

“I bet this is like totally about his brother and everything,” whispered Janice as they walked away. Rowlf rolled his eyes. He could only imagine the rumors going around.

“What’s up with Moe?” asked Wanda. She knew right away what was going on.

“Well, he’s going to be staying here for awhile. He needed to get away. He wants to rediscover himself and also pay me back for saving his life,” said Rowlf.

“I can understand that,” said Wanda.

“Really?” asked Rowlf.

“He’s been through a lot. You helped him and then got sick. And you gave him the ultimate gift, so I can see why he’d want to be close to you right now,” said Wanda.

“I suppose you’re right,” said Rowlf.

“I’m guessing you’re here to tell me our dinner’s off tonight. That’s ok Rowlf. Let’s take Moe out with everyone else,” said Wanda.

Rowlf was a little disappointed, but he knew his girlfriend was right. And, this was one of the things he loved about her.

“I think that sounds good. I’ll make it up to you though,” said Rowlf even though he wasn’t sure how or when yet. He’d figure it out later when he talked to Kermit.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Unfortunately, the most Rowlf got to say to Kermit that afternoon was that he thought the gang should still go out for pizza, but that Moe, Wanda and himself would also be joining them. Kermit merely patted him on the back saying it was all right and dashed off to take care of something.

So, now they found themselves crammed into Juhl’s Pizza Place with everyone talking at once creating quite a racket. Some were demanding food; others were talking to Rowlf and Moe.

“Uncle Kermit, I want cheese pizza!”

“Rowlf, what’s up with your brother?”

“That’s not nice man, his brother’s sitting right there!”

“Nice to meet jou, did jou bring any lady friends with you?”

“Kermit, where’s the food?”

“I do not know why you have chosen to come here and join this group of un-Patriotic weirdos.”

“Kermie, would vous order something light for moi? I have to fit into that teeny weeny skirt for the show.”

“HUNGRY! HUNGRY!”

Kermit realized he needed to take control not only to get their food ordered, but also so he could explain about the presence of Moe.

“QUIET!” he yelled.

“And I said look, I will not let you put whipped cream there, no matter how good you think it will look,” said Janice. Floyd gave her shoulder a squeeze.

“Oh, like, sorry,” she said.

“All right, we’re ordering 10 pizzas, 2 will be cheese, 2 sausage, 2 pepperoni, 2 pineapple and Canadian bacon and 2 with everything. No complaints, I warned you guys, this will make things easier,” said Kermit.

“Thanks Kermit,” smiled Fozzie.

“All right, now before you all explode into conversation again,” started Kermit.

BOOM! “Hee-hee” said Crazy Harry.

“Ok, I mean, before you all begin to converse again, I thought I would introduce our guest. This is Rowlf’s brother Moe. He’s going to be staying with Rowlf for awhile. I said he could help out with little things here and there for Rowlf and I’m sure he’ll be happy to help others too. He’s going to move into Rowlf’s room so I should hear no complaints about there not being enough room. Any questions?” said Kermit.

“Yes, what is the capital of New Hampshire,” came a gruff voice from the back of the room.

“Oscar?” asked Kermit. The familiar grouch popped out of a trash can in the back.

“Yeah,” he grumbled.

“What are you doing here?” asked Kermit.

“A very brief cameo,” said Oscar.

“Um Oscar, wrong movie. We did that one years ago,” said Kermit.

“Are you sure?” asked Oscar.

“Yep, check the script from the Great Muppet Caper,” said Kermit.

“Oh, well, pardon me then,” said Oscar.

“Now then, where was I?” asked Kermit.

“You were asking if we had any questions Uncle Kermit,” said Robin.

“Oh, right. Any other questions?” asked Kermit.

No one said anything so Kermit went up to put the order in. Rowlf followed him to the counter where he was sure no one would hear him.

“Kermit? Thanks for letting Moe stay, but what am I going to do about Wanda?” asked Rowlf.

“Rowlf, buddy, I hate to tell you this, but it appears your brother just needs you more right now. Get him through this little crisis then send him back home. Wanda’s understanding, it will be just fine if you wait a little,” said Kermit.

“You’re probably right,” said Rowlf. He tried to put himself in Moe’s shoes and figured he’d feel the same way.

“Everything really will work out,” said Kermit.

“Yeah, I’m sure you’re right,” said Rowlf and headed back to the table. He smiled at Wanda, thankful again she was so understanding and sat down to talk with Moe. Kermit was right; the ring would have to wait.

Java

Reaction score
What a lovely chapter. The ever present gossip mill that will slow down with Kermit's talk but won't disappear I'm sure. Oscar's cameo and Rowlf still worrying.

More please!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully great chapter Beth. The backstage antics, liked how Wanda was talking with Janice and Camilla.
Jull's Pizza Place! Oy, I know someone who'll hug this story for that.
Pizza orders... Hey, how'd you know to order pineapple and Canadian bacon? *Hugs, snatches slice without anybody looking.
*Personal story attached with that particular combo.

Oscar's cameo! More hugs.
And it's Concord, BTW.
Though maybe his line about "pardon me" should be changed to the exaggerated "Excuse Me!" Steve Martin line, keeps more in Oscar's grouchy character that way.

And Rowlf's worried about Wanda and the ring, and now Moe staying with him.
Heh, looks like he's got a tough choice in front of him.
Great addition, post more soon please.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Hey, I'll take a slice of the cheese pizza... What? OH! Right, the chapter.

Okay, well, first of all...
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
For Juhl's Pizza Place! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<HUGS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> for that! OH I love it...

And, um, ditto that reaction for Oscar's very brief cameo!

Also love the random Muppet chatter, someone reprimanding someone else's manners, Pepe looking for "lady friends," Sam questioning Moe's decision, Miss Piggy worrying over that skirt... I love it.

OH, and Crazy Harry! Loved that too.

Heck, I loved the whole thing. As usual.

MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Say... You think that penguin cannon's loaded?
Huh? Oh yeah, forgot she's at a fair-type celebration herself today as well.

OK, come on guys, just leave that thing there... We can come back when there's some new story to read.
*Disgruntled penguins get out of cannon and squabble a little as they go back to Puddin' Parker's tap-dancing studio.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Nope, it's not an update...

I've got bad news. The hard drive on my computer at work crashed today so I had no computer access all afternoon and...I've lost all of what I've written so far of this story. It may take me a day or two to get it back up again, I mean, at least I have what's been posted in this thread already. So, sit tight, if I don't get an update up tomorrow, it will be coming soon. I hate technology.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw come on... Don't hate technology Beth. After all, if it weren't for technology, we would've never met.
And you wouldn't be here to enjoy all the wonderful fanfics. We understand and can wait patiently for an update.

Went through something like that for one of the chapters of my own story. Which reminds me...
Stuff to do regarding my classes, rully putting a crimp in my posting/story schedule. But it'll get done.
And I hope you can reconstruct this great fanfictional tale. After all, if Snowth was able to recreate most of T*K*O Season 3, then this should be just as OK to recover.

Hope this helps.
*Leaves little chocolates to cheer you up.