And America Continues to Show it's True Colors. . .

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well i think according to Trump that bankruptcy is just a loophole. That in the end helped his business. Now I don't know how that works, but thats what I have heard.

Who knows maybe America will declare bankruptcy as well.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I'll say this much (and ONLY this much) in Trump's defense.
As far back as the Reagan years that I'm aware of, we've had a corrupt, bloated, CONSTIPATED government that can't run anything with any degree of efficiency. At the helm have always been incompetent fools more interested in settling their own personal vendettas than serving the interests of the American public. And same people having little accountability for their actions, where people far beneath them, charged with similar or lesser offenses, suffer more severe consequences. And same people being swayed by lobbyists who they have some personal stake with. Bush would not have been so gung-ho about promoting a war in Iraq if his family didn't have such deep interests in oil.

For one brief moment, the notion of "Draining the Swamp" and streamlining government is an idea long overdue, and seemed like reason enough for Trump to get elected. But I'm not holding my breath waiting for some tangible change.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
*Stands up and applauds again*

Another wonderful speach!

I want to stay hopful though, I mean from what I have seen some of the negative things said about Trump may or may not be true. I hope they are not true, but I'm sure you all can porve otherwise.
Even if they could though, I'm sure MuppetsRule can prove them wrong. :stick_out_tongue:

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Well you know there are always two sides to every story.
Exactly. That's what I was saying earlier - some see Trump as positive; some see him as negative. Some ONLY look at the positive and discard the negative; others ONLY look at the negative and discard the positive. And THAT is the main problem in my mind. You need to look at both sides - Trump isn't as wonderful as his supporters seem to think, but at the same time he's also not nearly as bad as his detractors say. He's somewhere in the middle.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Well i think according to Trump that bankruptcy is just a loophole. That in the end helped his business. Now I don't know how that works, but thats what I have heard.

Who knows maybe America will declare bankruptcy as well.
That's the last thing we want. We're heading into another possible government shutdown over the debt ceiling...again.

It's no longer a US vs the World economy, and it hasn't been for decades. It is a world economy, and the last thing we want or need is for other countries to view us as bankrupt, or to come calling on the vast debts we owe them (China, anyone?).
Trump declared bankruptcy more than once. Once: okay, every business goes through rough patches for various reasons. Trump's businesses have filed for bankruptcy a total of SIX times so far. Six. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2016/live-updates/general-election/real-time-fact-checking-and-analysis-of-the-first-presidential-debate/fact-check-has-trump-declared-bankruptcy-four-or-six-times/)

That's not a successful businessman. Mitt Romney, for all my dislike of him, at least is smarter and better at business than that.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Also is the KKK still an organized group? I mean I know there are still neo natzies, but I thought they where just in very small separated groups.
I guess it just surprises me that a group like that would still be around in 2017.
They are. They're more vocal on the interwebs, where they can hide behind virtual white hoods, than irl these days, but yes. Still kicking.

As a fringe group, they don't collectively do as much damage as people who don't believe themselves to be racist, sexist, bigoted, etc but are. Those are far greater in number than the frothing-mad shouty idiots. Every stereotype we uphold, use, or view as a harmless joke contributes to the damage.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Exactly. That's what I was saying earlier - some see Trump as positive; some see him as negative. Some ONLY look at the positive and discard the negative; others ONLY look at the negative and discard the positive.
I can't speak for people like Jamie or Drtooth or anyone else here with similar views, but speaking for myself, it's not that I completely discard or disregard anything positive about Trump, it's that I don't see anything positive about Trump whatsoever, and it goes beyond his being in Office right now, and beyond when he was campaigning . . . I can remember eons ago when him running for President was still something of a joke/meme that people like the Simpsons and others would put out there: I'd see the jokes and such like, "Hey, what if Donald Trump of all people ran for President one day in the future?" And I'd see Trump on talk shows or giving other interviews (even back when Bush was still in Office) talking about how, "America had the chance to be the greatest country in the world, and it failed." And even back then, I felt like if anything like this ever came true that he would be a terrible President, because even back then, he seemed so out-of-touch with the common people, and I just knew if he became President, it'd probably be more for his own ego, or the sake of having the title of POTUS, or just to prove he could do it; anyone who has never known anything other than wealth have no idea what the real struggles of working class and lower-income are like, and as such, they're usually the worst ones to try to trust stimulating said classes. And again, even way back then, Trump always seemed to be more interested in, well, Trump, than anyone or anything else, and that's definitely something that seems to have never changed - in fact, it seems to have gotten just a little more extreme what with this whole, "I'm President now, which means I can do anything and everything I want, and nobody can sue me because being President means automatic immunity," thing going on.

On a slightly different (and arguable maybe more light-hearted) note, I've recently come to realize something: there's shocking similarities between Trump and his supporters, and Taylor Swift and her fans. I mean Trump is an egotistical narcissist who thinks he's the best thing the world has to offer, and if things don't go his way, he has little childish temper tantrums and whines on Twitter about it; Taylor Swift is an egotistical narcissist who thinks her songs are the best music the world has to offer, and if she doesn't get the recognition she feels she deserves (like when she didn't win a Grammy), she has childish meltdowns and rants on social media about it. Trump does things like sign Executive Orders to undo everything Obama does, spends more time in Mara-lago on vacation than he does in the White House, belittle and demean certain groups of people the GOP doesn't like, and yet his supporters praise him for doing a great job as President and making America great again; Taylor Swift does things like hook up with a guy, dumps him, writes a song about him in a vicious cycle, and yet her fans praise her for "being so smart" because she "doesn't settle." If naysayers say anything critical about Trump, his supporters take it personally and attack said naysayers for being disrespectful to "the President of the United States;" if naysayers say anything critical about Taylor Swift, her fans attack said naysayers for being disrespectful to one of the greatest and most powerful musical artists of all time.

Last edited: