Announcing the MuppetCast

Erine81981

Reaction score
I feel so sorry for Frank. I feel for him even tho i never met Jim. That last part from Jim's Funeral where he starts to tear up just broke me down. I couldn't ever see Frank cry without crying myself. Even his whole family and friends but for some reason Frank's speech made me laugh and cry at the very end. I love how he talks of the pictures that Jim takes of him naked. That is just funny. I couldn't stop laughing there. I'm glad to have been around when Jim was still around. Thanks again Steve for this wonderful awsome show you did. Your one wonderful man. Thanks. :smile: :stick_out_tongue: :sympathy:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
To paraphrase a certain frog...

What a great podcast. I knew you could do the tribute for Jim.

Luke

Reaction score
Great stuff, the editing of all the interviews and music is marvellous. This is as good as anything the Henson people could do and i hope is archived for a long time to come. Y'know what'd be nice, if the Muppetcast became an official part of Muppet Central, like promoted on the home page and stuff. It'd get so many more new listeners.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i just listend to the jim Henson tribute...and you have my congrats...i was feeling it and remembering

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Hey Stephen! Everyone is raving about your podcast and I am dying to listen to it. Unfortunately I am having so many technical difficulties and I can't seem to get it to load! :frown: But I will keep trying. I can't wait to listen! And I'm sure it is just as fabulous (if not more) than everyone says it is. :smile:

~MrsPepper

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Thanks Luke! That's very nice of you to say. Looking at the number of downloads per week for each episode (and of course there are always new listeners who come in week by week and start over from episode #1), I'd say that listener numbers are VERY strong, and the podcast is even spreading to new countries (Japan and the Netherlands, most recently). It's funny, I've had suggestions from forum members in both Muppet Central and the Disney Podcast Network saying the same thing you did.

Doing the MuppetCast has been, and continues to be, a wonderful yet humbling experience for me. I just love the Muppets, and wanted to do something to share something I love with all of you guys. The fact that people actually like what I've been doing is really the icing on the cake. I still shake my head in amazement when I read the emails, the forum posts, and the blog comments. I'm eternally grateful to everyone who listens to the show, and I really feel that we are all, me through the podcast, you the listeners through your wonderful contributions, we're all getting something here that is just what we all wanted, and will hopefully be around for a long time to come.

Thanks guys. As I tell so many people who write me, I'll keep making shows if you guys keep listening!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Btw, something I really enjoyed was the comparison to Walt Disney and Jim Henson. Disney is a big corporation and it's been awhile since they've done any big films. But I think it is important to remember the masterpieces they've made in the past. The two groups are definitely in the same league, at least that's my opinion. :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Btw, something I really enjoyed was the comparison to Walt Disney and Jim Henson. Disney is a big corporation and it's been awhile since they've done any big films. But I think it is important to remember the masterpieces they've made in the past. The two groups are definitely in the same league, at least that's my opinion. :smile:
I would have to agree Herald. I think it would be so cool to see something done with Kermit and Mickey Mouse. Like an old 2D cartoon with the Muppets animated too with all the classic Disney characters. That would an awsome movie to see.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
Show #7 is up!

I know, it was a long wait from the tribute show to now, but remember we are going to a Sunday release schedule. And today's Sunday! Of course, there's lots of new Muppety goodnes to be had, so dive in when you're ready!