1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Announcing the MuppetCast

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by stephenjlizard, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Hey scarecroe. Sorry the website isn't working out for ya. I'm looking at redesigning the page anyway, I feel like it's too cluttered. Could you do me a favor and, if you have time, send me the text of the book? I'd love to have that available to people somewhere. Thanks!
  2. scarecroe

scarecroe Active Member

I'll get around to it some day. The trick is finding a player that works. Most eBay auctions are for players that either haven't been tested, or those that don't work and are being sold for parts.
  3. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Well, I've added a Muppet Wiki page for the book, based on what I know about the book. And somebody else added a cover image.

I know that there are also Sesame Street books in that series (if you look at the scans you can see an image of Big Bird, Bert, and Ernie on the back cover, along with images of characters from other properties, like Dr. Seuss and Disney). I've seen two of those Sesame Street books, but I forget the titles and plots. One of them invovled the characters getting ready for bed, and the other one took place at the Count's castle. I checked the Muppet Wiki category for "Sleep" to see if that bedtime book was listed, but wasn't. I don't know if Muppet Wiki has any pages for any of those Sesame Street books. But does anybody remember those titles?
  4. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

Thanks for the link on the current episode, Steve! I am downloading the new episode and I am currently at 1% :D and it will probably take all day but considering I missed you at the festival, I'd love to hear about everything else you got to see!
  5. minor muppetz

I just listened to the Sam the Eagle tribute episode, and it was really great. Are there any plans for more character tribute episodes? It would be great to have some on Bunsen and Beaker, The Electric Mayhem, and Robin. But any would be great.
  6. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Oh this last episode was neat. I loved the video. It was cool to see some of the stuff that Steve got to go see at that Puppets Up festival.
  7. Hi guys! More character tributes are definitely in the works. Hmm...say, what character would you guys like to hear a tribute on next?
  8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Hey Steve! Awesome to hear about the character tributes! I think I'd most like to hear a Robin the Frog tribute! :)
  9. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Yea Robin or i would say maybe Gonzo. I kind of see Ryan a Gonzo fan at all but Robin i would love to hear one on him too.

Edit: Also i would love to hear a tribute on Grover. Being my loveable cute furry blue monster.
  10. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Hi Steve... Absolutely loved hearing the audio from the M3 Muppets Music & Magic event. Bit disappointed in Episode 19's Muppet Montage there wasn't a song featuring my man Jerry's most famed character. Additionally, is there any way I can get the Muppetcast Unplugged version of Letter B? Please send it to my online address. Would appreciate it greatly as I look forward to each of your shows with great zeal.
  11. minor muppetz

Well, that's three of us requesting Robin tributes. In addition to the characters that I suggested in my previous post, I think that it would be great to have tribute shows for the following:
    • Rowlf
    • Scooter
    • Grover
    • Sweetums
    • Rizzo the Rat
    • Mr. Snuffleupagus
    • Herry Monster
  12. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Maybe another main character that is vastly underrated like the Electric Mayhem or even Clifford or a Fraggle Rock character.
  13. minor muppetz

I noticed an error in the Sam the Eagle tribute show. I think Steve Swansn was reading a letter which made the error, though. Anyway, it was said that Sam's first appearance on The Muppet Show was in episode 4. Actually, he apeared in episode 3, introducing Wayne and Wanda in Stormy Weather, which was cut from the DVD release.
  14. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Love the snippet of Little Muppet Monsters!
  15. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

Heck, I'd find a way to donate AGAIN if Grover got his own show!

BJ
  16. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

I'm with you JB. I would do anything to to donate.
  17. Tell ya what, I'll look into doing a "specialized show" next week (providing nothing earth shattering happens Muppet-wise during the week :)
  18. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Will we still get to hear the next part of the panel discussion and the usual music montage? :)
  19. Update:
    The "specialized show" next week - show #22 - will not be a character tribute show, although those will most certainly be coming soon.

The show this week will feature a listener interview spot I did with two fine fellows who happen to be lMuppetCast listeners and who both do very cool and interesting jobs at Walt Disney World. We talked for what had to be 2 or 3 hours last night here at my house, and I recorded about 45 mins of our conversations. I know, I know...it's the MuppetCast, not Disney, but you will be glad you heard this. Great Stuff. Also there may be a second featured listener interview talking about the Muppet Babies, so it isn't going to be a Muppet-free show or anything.

No panel discussion continuation this week, but it'll be back in full form next week, along with the montage (which I might still also do for show #22 if I'm not running too long).

So that's what I'm thinking for show #22. If I included the panel discussion we'd be heading toward 2-hour territory again, and I don't know if we want to keep going there. What do you guys think? Are you okay with going long again? I'm down with it if you are, but I don't want to keep inflicting long shows on ya if that's not what you want.

Gimme some feedback on that...
  20. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Two hours is not to bad sometimes, just make sure the interviews are not geting boring or you run out of things to ask. If you have eough to make a 2 hour show then I say go for it, but just keep it interesting.