1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Announcing the MuppetCast

Discussion in 'On the Web' started by stephenjlizard, Apr 12, 2007.

1. The Count Moderator

Hmmm... Would say keep it at the hour and a half range if possible, save the two hour shows for something special like the Jim Henson tribute or times you're gone for a week and have to come back and catch up.

The segments of the show I've come to enjoy and associate as key features are:
    Muppet News.
    Muppetcast E-Mail Bag, or as someone else wrote one time "Male Bag".
    Muppet Montage, if a Muppetcast Unplugged song's included the better, but only if you have the time to record it as I understand that takes away from your life schedule.
    Muppetcast Guest Interviews.

Wouldn't mind if the panel discussions recorded from M3 were put on hold for a week, just so long as it does come back. Who knows, you could probably use it as a tie-in lead-in for your group discussion with those who attended.
    Also looking forward to the return of Sesame Street Around the World, it really provides an insight to other countries by way of the cherished program.

*Little known fact: Sesamstrass is the longest-running international co-production. The German version of Sesame Street is second only to the original American counterpart, as the USA has had 38 seasons and Germany will see the start of their own Season 33 this year.
    Hope this helps, have a great night Steve.
  2. BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't mind two-hour shows, but I think having long interviews, a long chunk of the panel and a long chuck of music would be too much, no? :eek: :crazy:
  3. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I don't mind two-hour shows, as long as they stay interesting, perhaps if the topic changes every 5-10 minutes.
  4. SarahOnBway Member

Hey Steve-

I just wanted to let you know I enjoyed this week's MuppetCast a bunch! Even though your first interview wasn't very Muppety, those two guys were a lot of fun to listen to and, as a Disney fan myself, it was wonderful to hear what it's like from the inside. I've been trying hard to get my family down there for the Year of a Million Dreams (and as the eldest daughter and not the matriarch of the family I've been having a tough time hehe) and IDK when it ends but the interview just made me excited for the ultimate eventuality of being able to take my little sister there for the first time.

Also, I hadn't gotten a chance to listen to last week's until today because I was on vacation, but I wanted to set the record straight for you and everyone who listens: the kid who has to go to the bathroom is definitely NOT my neice--it's a BOY! Hehe, I pretty much died laughing when you said it was my neice. Nope, an 8-year-old boy, Cody, whom I sit for and who's played a couple of games of Muppet 20 Questions here in the past with me. But I can see why you would think it's a girl--8 year old boys over a kinda cruddy recording instrument definitely don't sound like John Wayne ;)

Anyhoo, keep up the good work!
  5. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the latest one, especially the audio from the promo for the playhouse videos. I've been wanting to see that again for years. Yes, it's only the audio, but still nostalgic. I've been hoping that it would be put on You Tube someday.
  6. Luke Active Member

Am loving these as usual - i would like to see Ken Lilly, Travis Allen, Terry Angus or Karen Prell as guests.
  7. The Count Moderator

Oooh! Yeah! Especially since Ken also lives in Ohio. Not sure how close to Columbus though, but it's worth a shot.
    Also have some songs I've been meaning to send you, thanks to Kyle (Erine81981). Gotta get the article on the band from Muppet Wiki too.
    Look for a message from me soon-ish.
  8. erniebert1234ss Active Member

Is there going to be a MuppetCast this week? I'd hate for the special Jim show for his birthday to be 3 hours long...although the longer the better...

But did you receive my email with my unconventional song I sent?

BJ
  9. erniebert1234ss Active Member

Well, maybe it WILL be a 4-hour show next week...:p

BJ
  10. erniebert1234ss Active Member

And I am SO wrong...Show 23 is now UP!

I need to listen in and see how I can win a copy of FR Season 3, since I've been meaning to get the other 2 season sets for awhile now.

BJ
  11. minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the last episode, which was a Jerry Juhl tribute episode (and Jim Henson birthday celebration... but more of a Jerry Juhl tribute). Although it was only 34 minutes long, it felt like it was the lenght of an average episode.
  12. Thanks! I spent a lot of time listening and re-listening to the episode before I posted it, and while you're right, it is a bit shorter than usual, I think everything was well-paced in the episode. Thanks again for the feedback!

If you liked show #24, you're gonna LOVE show #25 this week!
  13. The Count Moderator

Yeah... Have to agree. It was a really fitting tribute. Although, I do feel it was more on the Jerry Juhl side of things, but there were some good nods to Jim too. Especially loved "Turn The World Around", noticed you used the version from the memorial, it made me tear up a little the first time I heard it. Also liked you used "Music Makes Me Real" as that's the one song where each minstrel gets to shine. And the weaving at the end came across nicely.

Look forward to the next show.
    Yaeeeey!
  14. erniebert1234ss Active Member

Actually, Count, it's from "The Essential Harry Belafonte". I have NO idea where it came from...(BTW, it was my submission...)

BJ
  15. Erine81981 Active Member

It was anwsome show. I really enjoyed. I loved how it opened. It was one thing i really enjoyed on all of it. Thanks again for another tribute to Jerry and to celeabrate Jim's birthday. Can't wait for the next one. Keep up the good job Steve.
  16. The Count Moderator

Hi... Um Steve, I think there might be a little problem with the new episode, #25. Went to the Muppetcast home page, found that Episode 25 had been posted. There's the usual short blurbs talking about what the episode will cover, an "Icon" link to hear the episode, and the number and time-length of the episode. Well, when I click on the "Icon Graphic" link to download and instantly start listening (as I usually do) instead of Ep. 25, I get Ep. 23. Is this because Episode 25 hasn't been truly posted for listening pleasure yet?

Please LMK if there's something I'm doing wrong, hope this helps.
  17. Hey all,

If you tried to listen to show #25 and got show #23, that was my bad. I had a mis-fire early this morning while posting. It should be fixed now, and it's on MuppetCast.com. OR, if you want to, delete and then re-subscribe to the MuppetCast. That's the only way I know of that'll pull in the REAL show #25. Sorry for the confusion!
  18. Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

you write the way you talk lol

great job i have been away but i found your podcast day one
  19. Hehe...I do kind of write like I talk don't I! I never noticed that before.

Thanks again Kimp, let me know how you like show#26!
  20. The Count Moderator

OK... Have to listen to Show 26 again to get the second half...
    But yes, I like the website's new layout, it handles much better with the screenreader, no more messing with language settings.
    Another thing, in the poll, "Mnah-Mnah" is misspelled, it should be "Mahna-Mahna".
    Hope this helps, will send you my thoughts after listening to the new episode in its entirety.