Another TV Land Outrage!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay, are you guys ready for this?

3rd Rock from the Sun is coming to TV Land as well.

You know what? That show was pretty good... not a show I'd watch all the time, but it was still pretty good nonetheless... I'm just wondering through it if it's considered a "classic" since it ended, what 2001 or 2002?

2001... I remember distinctly since I heard of the cancellation via Entertainment tonight, and a special feature on the Shrek film.

At least the show was cancelled. unlike Scrubs. But for the love of crap, these would be the shows they're rerun in syndication if it weren't for those IDIOTIC cheaply produced Judge fill in the blanks that just keep diareahing out. And Maury Povich. Yuck!

But nothing surprises me anymore. Cartoon Network doesn't wanna show cartoons, TVland has movies, and AMC has original series. When channels that have the word "MOVIE" in the title don't show movies, you know TV is 100 mega-percent doomed. And where are said movies? on channels that SHOULDN'T AIR THE DARN THINGS!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Cartoon Network doesn't wanna show cartoons
Or those they do show suck or--in the case of Adult Swim--are filled with potty humor and sex jokes to the point that those things are the only things people expect.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I wouldn't consider it a classic but I like Third Rock From The Sun anyway. Plus I can't complain as it is a show and is not really shown of TV anymore.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
So? Not every show that's off TV needs to be considered a "classic" by the masses, honestly.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm just saying. I was not aware that the masses considered eveyrhitng not on TV Land not to be a classic.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's just that the idea of a classic is that it stood the test of time. Shows from the '90s haven't really been able to prove that yet.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Right. Not even those cartoons and stuff we grew up on--Animaniacs!, Sonic "SatAM", and the like--should really get that acolade yet. Despite that, sites like retrojunk and whatever would disagree. XD

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's just that the idea of a classic is that it stood the test of time. Shows from the '90s haven't really been able to prove that yet.
I think a few actually have. Either that or they have just been over played in syndication.:wink: :stick_out_tongue:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I think a few actually have. Either that or they have just been over played in syndication.:wink: :stick_out_tongue:
I'd say it's the latter, because corporate business doesn't know quality for squat, honestly.