1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Any Bronies on here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Mar 6, 2012.

1. KirbTreelo05

KirbTreelo05 Active Member

Would the rap be Twilightlicious related? :D

I've been wondering: with all this popularity, would there eventually be a FiM movie? And would it end up on the big screen? Whether it be tv or the big screen, I know I'd watch it! :excited:
  2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I knew someone was going to ask that. :shifty: But no, it was in reference to this "gem" off the soundtrack of the movie this is blatantly parodying:

Though I just realized that if the ponies were to play a football game, they could easily just throw the ball to Rainbow Dash or Fluttershy, have them fly in the air and play keep-away with the opposing team till they keep scoring touchdowns.

Just as long as it doesn't involve any NFL players or aliens, I'd be for it! Though I know exactly what would happen if it did get made for theatrical release: the distributor would barely advertise it, it would open the same as some Avengers-type blockbusters, get treated like a kiddie film by theater owners and wouldn't be seen by anyone besides Bronies and little kids and their families. It'd be Winnie the Pooh all over again. Though I'd be all for it! :D
  3. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'd tend to think a MLP movie would work wonders AND have a low enough budget to make a significant profit, even if it wasn't a huge hit. At least moreso than the big expensive and pointless Battleship film. It's too bad that movies based on current cartoon programming with the original writing staff and voice cast confound studios and the movie going public. I'd see a MLP "film" at Kidtoons cinema, and that's it. They'd rather blow a fortune on a big explody piece of nonsense that's not guaranteed to do well than end up like PPG or Hey Arnold the movie.
  4. BobThePizzaBoy

Honestly, I'm surprised The Simpsons Movie didn't cause a tsunami of movies based on current TV cartoons the way The Rugrats Movie did. There hasn't even been a TV cartoon-based movie since Simpsons! I guess studios don't want to invest the money, but technically Hey Arnold and Powerpuff Girls did make profits - barely, but profits none the less.
  5. Drtooth

I've said it before, but the US is confounded by current TV cartoon based movies. There have been a few of them, but they tend to disappear unless they're huge names. DIC's Heathcliff got one (I don't recall if it was actually released in theaters), but it was a clip show (like the Looney Tunes movies up to that point... makes sense because Mel Blanc was the voice of Heathcliff). Bravestarr had one too, and it was far from a success and it hampered the popularity of the TV series. And then there's Chipmunk Adventure and Batman Mask of the Phantasm. I don't know how well they did, but they got more cult than anything. Not to mention the fact Disney didn't figure out that February vacation sweet spot that worked for Doug, Recess, and Teacher's Pet (actually, that was in January) for Ducktales, which killed any plans for TDA based movies.

For some reason, it's much more financially sound to wait 20 years, hire the wrong cast, hire writers who have a bare understanding of the concept (or just have a script that's a similar concept to attach to a soon to be expired license to crap a movie out while they can), and have it bomb even worse than a current cartoon would. Seriously. You have the Flintstones, the Smurfs, and the Chipmunks.... then everything else. 3 successes, a whole mess of failures.

I wish we'd adopt the Japanese animation festival model. An anthology of short films of varying length based on cartoons that are currently on the air that add up to a feature run time. As it stands, I'm pretty much going to have to see that *&^% Ice Age 4 movie for the second ever theatrical Simpsons cartoon in that show's history.
  6. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

7. KirbTreelo05

(The link on the page wasn't working)​
    OMYGOSHOMYGOSHOMYGOSH!​
    Dat song!​
    Dat animation!​
    Spike is SINGING!
    Now I REALLY can't wait for Season 3! :excited:
  8. Drtooth

9. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

They just put up another new song....

I don't have the link, but go to google and put in:

My little pony chrysal fair song.

IT MENTIONS CADENCE!

So for season 3, we have:

1 Trixe
    2 possible Octavia and rairty duet
    3 Derpy cameos
    4 chrystal kingdom
    5 Cadence!
    6 SPIKE SINGING!
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  10. Drtooth

11. BobThePizzaBoy

Oh yeah! This is happening, people! December 4 - Amazon exclusive!
    [​IMG]
    Though now I'm stuck figuring out what I should do with the other two single-disc MLP DVDs I have. I could eBay them as seasons come out like I did with HIT's Fraggle Rock releases, maybe I should see how far Shout! gets first...
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  12. Drtooth

Can I say I'm too afraid I'll like it if I watch it?

And I kinda almost had a moment of Brony-ism. The last week of the McDonalds Spongebob promotion, I went to one and they had all these lame leftover toys (some ugly girls toy that pops open), and one MLP in a train. Now, in a fit of insanity (I was at 3 others by then, 2 ran out, one had ONLY one I already had) I almost picked it, until I saw they had a Sandy Cheeks.

Took Sandy, left the Pony. Better go with what I know, right? But something tells me I'm missing a shell of a ride.
  13. robodog

robodog Active Member

I've thought about giving the show a chance. It's not like I really have a problem with watching girls' shows since I watched the Care Bears movies all the time as a kid. But it's not usually on when I'm watching TV in the evenings and that's about the only time I watch TV. Most of the time I'm either doing chores or on the computer.
  14. KirbTreelo05

I was never much of a comic book buyer, but once these come out, that might change. :)

I hope this won't be the final draft of the cover; Fluttershy's wings are missing! And her eye's missing an iris! :concern:
  15. Drtooth

The Muppet comics brought me back into buying them. Then the Darkwing Duck ones... the new IDW TMNT comics and Archie's Mega Man keep me coming back.

Now if only IDW does a comic of my favorite Hasbro toy, Mr. Potatohead, we'll be in business.
  16. Drtooth

I finally worked up the nerve to watch 2 episodes.

I'll say this. I don't think I'm as won over as I am with Phineas and Ferb or Regular Show, but it is a delightful little series that's worthy of it's wide demographic and fanbase. Even though I did blush a bunch of times trying to watch it. But you just can't blame them for making a solid show. And it's definitely one of the best girl demographic shows out there... I'd rank it right along side Pepper Ann. Also, I wanna say Jem, but I haven't seen that one since it was on the air, so I can't judge.

I can't say I'm going to be an obsessive fan, but I do appreciate the series's smarter than needs be writing.
    KirbTreelo05 likes this.
  17. KirbTreelo05

Which ones? :D
  18. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

To answer the question of this thread...*raises hand* Here!
  19. Drtooth

Two from season 2... The one with the Mare-Do-well and the thing where the ponies nibble on the MMM cake and PinkiePie suspects the other contestants in the bake off of sabotage. They were pretty good, especially the Mare-do-well one.

Of course, I had to watch Transformers Animated directly after to balance the girl toy cartoon that has Tara Strong in the cast with the boy toy cartoon that has Tara Strong in the cast. :eek:

I might watch more in time.
  20. Drtooth

%$#@! I saw part one of the Discord episode. The Ponies have their own Loki?!

That's the "vampire bite" episode, isn't it? The one that turns me into one of YOU!!!

Darn you "Up All Night" and your meh-ness for making me bored enough to watch another episode out of curiosity.