1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Any Bronies on here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BobThePizzaBoy, Mar 6, 2012.

1. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

I got into FiM a bit more than a year ago. Enjoyable show with enjoyable characters, my personal fav being Fluttershy. Not really crazy for the brony term, though. I'm not a big fan of using referential terms for things like the TV shows I watch.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, I keep telling myself, It's okay to like a diverse array of animated programming. I can't even list all the stuff I like because I'll be here all day and I'll forget half of them.

bu-u-u-ut... that Discord episode was pretty epic.
  3. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

*sigh* There is no escaping MLP:FIM. No matter WHERE I go, I'm going to see an animated gif or something. I love the My Little Pony series from the 1980s (I grew up with the show and had several ponies), but I'm getting rather annoyed with the new show. I'm overdosed on it and I haven't even seen a single episode! I guess I'm just so tired of the hype and some of the fans.
  4. Drtooth

MLP's main attraction is that it is a huge internet joke. But here's the thing we're forgetting... this isn't for guys, this isn't for anyone over the age of 12... this is meant for little girls who actually feel insulted by the countless terrible toyetic doll cartoons they wind up getting. We guys have it lucky. We get these great, well written action shows with cool toys. Girls get Bratz. Not only are they horrible toys, but it was one of the WORST cartoons ever with vapid characters and a passive aggressive parody of Barbie. When 4Kids dubbed Winx Club, they threw in a lot of sexist stuff that turned the characters into bimbos, including the theme song that threw in the lyric "Don't touch the hair."

Face Palm!

Not to mention the new Strawberry Shortcake I caught because my sister got a DVD free in a box of cereal. My GLOB! It was the dullest thing I ever saw. They were just throwing a party and showing the preparations. No antagonist... no storyline... no nothing! I felt like jumping through a window. That's not a cartoon. That's an animated act of mundane!

So I have the utmost respect for the new series because the underlying concept was to make little girls a smart, well written cartoon show. Something they richly deserve. It just happened to attract an unexpected audience, but so didn't other extremely well done girl's cartoon, Kim Possible.
  5. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

*Moans*

Join us... Bazooka.... join us......

*Does a brohoof*
  6. Drtooth

The fact I like the show makes me want to say that too. The fact I like the show makes me want to stay "FOR THE LOVE OF PETE! If you know what's good for you STAY THE HECK AWAY!"

I'm trying to get my sister into it. Reread that. I'm trying to get my sister into it. Of course, I'm the one that got her into Madoka Magica, and now she won't shut up about it.
  7. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

OK, what in seashell is this? They are really making a spin-off where the characters are humans?
    [​IMG]
    I'm already afraid of the fan fiction this will spawn.
  8. Drtooth

It probably already has. Well, well, well before. And as we all know, every single fan artist ever (except me.. HA HA!) has done tedious humanized versions of anthro characters.

But even if it's a series, I doubt anything's going to come out of it. After all, it's not Littlest Pet Shop. Hasbro is shoving that so down our throats. I swear, I was cleaning out old Happy Meal boxes (I collect those as well as the figures), and there was one instance of MLP (FIM or otherwise), and at least 4 Littlest Pet Shop promos. And the one pony thing was last year with a Transformers Prime promotion (I got the Transformers ones, no surprise there... and it was unbearably short, I recall). I think there have been 2 LPS since then. Seriously, Hasbro has this thing that people really like that has this big following of an actual audience and a clearly unintended one, and they keep pushing something that barely sells.
  9. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Makes sense though. Hasbro knows that even the worst and crappiest MLP products will be scooped up by fans without second thoughts. Because LPS isn't as popular, they need to push it more so that people will buy it. I would say LPS is one of their least popular toy lines, so it makes sense that they need to encourage people to buy it.

As for the image, is it from a reliable source? Cause even just looking at it it looks like fan art
  10. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

Curtis Armstrong, the voice behind Dan, Mr. Moleguaco of The Emperor's New School, and Robot (of Nick's Robot and Monster), was also Dudley "Booger" Dawson in the Revenge of the Nerds tetralogy.

There have been occasional episodes, namely the most recent Dan vs. Jury Duty, in which Dan's plans occasionally backfire; even though the judge was about to throw the book at Dan for outbursts which were probably deserving of flagrant contempt of court, the video evidence not only found the defendant not guilty, but eventually showed that Dan was operating the wrecking crane, which obviously backfired and led to harsh penalties for Dan, which is similar to Murphy's law coming into play during another one of Wile E. Coyote's ill-fated schemes which never works right when the Road Runner passes by, but inevitably starts working as soon as Wile E. starts troubleshooting his "fool-proof" plans....
  11. Drtooth

I swear, there was a post season Christmas Clearance years back where Target and Kohls had literally truckloads of LPS stuff just sitting there, even at deep 75% off clearance. It's frankly embarrassing. It's like... remember that show "Till Death" that no one liked, yet Fox kept renewing it?

That said, I gave MLP:FIM a shot, but I refuse to watch the LPS cartoon (well, noth the 90's one. That's actually pretty funny). Why? The guys behind my most hated CN cartoon are behind it. That's not a good sign.

As for Hasbro cartoons, I can't wait for the G.I. Joe movie to come out. They've been screwing G.I. Joe Renegades because it wasn't the movie. The very same movie they recalled for almost an entire year. And I truly can't wait to see how the fourth TERRIBLE Michael Bay film will screw Transformers Prime the way it did Transformers Animated. MLP is lucky. Until Hasbro makes a movie that no one will like, they don't have to be screwed by anything else. Well, except LPS again.

Meanwhile Masters of the Universe sits in a sad little box of a DC comics limited series and rerererere-releases of the cartoon series. Hasbro has a hit project on most of it's franchises (Where's Mr. Freaking Potatohead?!), and Mattel only releases an annual Barbie movie.
  12. snichols1973

Would that include 2011's The Smurfs, even though it's a blend of CGI and live action?
  13. snichols1973

14. Drtooth

The Smurfs was a big budget remake, and a lucky one at that. Current films with the same cast and writers that pop out when the show is still on the air are rare in this country. And hits are even rarer. And the real successful ones, minus the Rugrats, were adult cartoons that were free of network TV regulations and were able to be just a little raunchier. Rugrats and Spongebob are the only kid hits. Powerpuff Girls, while it did make a small profit, didn't make it rain money out of the sky, and they didn't even release it theatrically outside the US, despite the fact that it did make a small profit and therefore, releasing it over seas would have just added onto that. Geniuses, right?

The cartoon transformers movie didn't do much business and the G.I. Joe film was demoted to home video release. Yet the big budget live action transformers movies that everyone hates somehow makes money, presumably for people who hate them so much that they need to see them to prove how much they hate them.

Somehow, I'd bet Hasbro would only make an MLP movie if it was a terrible kiddy film that focuses all over some flat acting human lead and poorly CGI's ponies with celebrity voice actors. And (as with all their properties) Hasbro would happily tie FIM to a railroad track to market the heck out of that.
  15. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

16. mo

mo Well-Known Member

they won't make a spin off!... make cadence die please, please, please...
  17. Drtooth

So... is this show, like... ending or something? I do watch it rarely and I'm far far far behind. The last one I watched was the Discord comeback.
    SuperGzilla12 likes this.
  18. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Active Member

No, DHX Media, The Distubitor Of The Show, Said That They've Been Paid To Do A Fourth Season, Even Though That Season 3 Finale Would've Been Great As A Series Finale
  19. Drtooth

I should have known. Somehow, I'd expect half the internet to claim the world was ending if the show did. Fans of Young Justice and Green Lantern are up in arms about those respective shows. People are still whining about Spectacular Spider-Man, and putting all the blame on poor Ultimate Spider-Man. Though, yeah... Spectacular was a great show that was much better than Ultimate, but it's the CW's fault the show got canceled anyway.
  20. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Same here. The third season episodes I have seen aren't nearly as good as those from the first two, so I haven't really been drawn to watch them every week. (I watched on YouTube every Saturday for the second half of Season 2, which is when I became a fan)