Any Golden Girls fans?

P

Princeton

JaniceFerSure said:
Remember Empty Nest?Their characters lived near the GGs.With Kristy McNichol,Dinah Manoff,David Leisure & Richard Mulligan

I could never figure out how the name "Empty Nest" applied to that family. Reason being, early in the first season of GG's, there was an episode that focused around a dysfunctional family that suffered from the "empty nest" syndrome; except in this episode, the family was played by Rita Moreno and Paul Dooley.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I always liked "Empty Nest." Out of all the spinoffs for "GG" it was probably the best.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Princeton said:
I could never figure out how the name "Empty Nest" applied to that family.
I never understood the title of that show, either. Wouldn't an "empty nest" be when the children have actually left home? And both his adult daughters were STILL at home.

I didn't like it when the GGs opened the hotel. I liked them better at home.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
"Lord, I was born a Rambling Man..."

I see more Mama fans!! What's Vicki doing these days? Besides appearing in reunion shows out the wazoo? Also, Bea Arthur played cantina matron Ackmena in the Star Wars Holiday Special. Anyone remember that? Boy, we need that on DVD!!! Thanx for the headz up on the DVD releases of GG, that is too funny! That and "The Nanny" make me laugh on more occasions; I really need that pick-me-up some days!!!

BJ

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'M A MAMA FAN!! WOOOT FOR MAMA!! Vicki came to Memphis in a one woman show, doing half as herself and the other half as Mama. I had to miss it for the most boring wedding event of the century. BLAH!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE The Nanny. I laugh the whole time the show is on, more than any other show. Those actors were great.

I have a video of the Star Wars Holiday Special, and I don't mind saying that it's the most horrible waste of time you'll ever see. BUT! You have to see it at least once to appreciate how bad it really is.

McFraggle

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
"all"? You mean all 2? lol :wink:
Well 3, if you count "Nurses" which was a spinoff of "Empty Nest." :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Four years later...Still haven't seen Golden Girl's! -- And to think I once stood by while everyone battled to death other those classy birds...

Nope, I still don't get it :stick_out_tongue:

Bea:zany:regard

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
One of the best comedies of all time! Proof that women can be funny (sadly you don't see much of it). :flirt: