Any info on Dinosaurs Seasons 3-4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mongoose

Reaction score
Does anyone have any information on the future releases of dinosaurs on dvd?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if the episodes will be in broadcast order, with the unaired episodes included as bonus features, or if they will be presented in production order. Or maybe the unaired epsiodes will not be included at all (I hope not). I wonder if the discs will be dual-layered.

I think it's strange that the cover does not show the Baby on it.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
I wonder if the episodes will be in broadcast order, with the unaired episodes included as bonus features, or if they will be presented in production order. Or maybe the unaired episodes will not be included at all (I hope not). I wonder if the discs will be dual-layered.
I've been told that (as of now) all 36 remaining episodes will be on the set (which would include the 7 that didn't air during the initial run). So if you get both box sets ("seasons 1&2" and "seasons 3&4") you should have all the episodes!

I'm not 100% sure how the episodes will be ordered on the discs yet (and I'm not overly familiar with all the specifics of the production order v. broadcast order variations, aside from the moving up of the finale). But I think they might go with the syndication package order - which is basically the same as the original broadcast order, but with the 7 "lost" episodes inserted before the finale of "Changing Nature".

And I'm not sure if the discs will be dual-layered or not; but they have to fit nine 22-minute episodes (and bonus features) on each disc, so...we'll have to see how they do it.

minor muppetz said:
I think it's strange that the cover does not show the Baby on it.
I like the cover, Baby Sinclair was the only one on the Season 1&2 cover (unless you count Earl's hands). And I like having new faces on the package. It's a nice prehistoric parody of American Gothic and a great picture too.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Aw, man! I love the "I'm the Baby" music video! That was one of the first Dinosaurs things I'd ever seen!

:sing:
I'm the baby and you gotta love meeeee!
:sing:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Ugh, it blows my mind that Disney releases this before TMS Season 2... Completely blows my mind. Oh well, I'll be getting this too. :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am not really that surprised over this comming out sooner (I would have been surprised if this was a year ago). I read that the first set was in the top ten its first week, so I figured this set would be released this year. It's amazing that the first set sold well enough, as I don't think Dinosaurs reruns are currently on TV, and I don't think this show is as popular as The Simpsons, Star Trek, Friends, Cheers, or even The Muppet Show or Sesame Street. The people who provided the DVD commentary for The Simpsons episode Black Widower must have been wrong when they said that "nobody remembers Dinosaurs anymore".

Meepsterboy

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Ugh, it blows my mind that Disney releases this before TMS Season 2... Completely blows my mind. Oh well, I'll be getting this too. :big_grin:
Well, I get they're releasing this first! It's cheaper, cuz there's no music rights to obtain, no celebrities to negotiate with, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.