Any news on Series 10?

T

timrikthegorf

Uncle deadly said:
I dont think they should make baby kermit and piggy.
I think its a waste, I mean its classic muppet show not muppet babies, I think they should do Bobo or bean or something instead of baby figures.
anyone agree, or should i just go back into my cardboard box...??
You said it's suppose to be classic muppets and then go on to list 3 characters who aren't classic muppet show characters. I don't get it.

I do not htink we'll see all 6 babiers. The others aren't even sculpted yet. It's really sad. This wholeDisney sale and lack of retail support has really messed things up for Palisades. Luckily the folks at Sesame Workshop are apprently a joy to work with and get things approved.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
You said it's suppose to be classic muppets and then go on to list 3 characters who aren't classic muppet show characters. I don't get it.
I'm pretty sure what he means are Muppet characters that are considered part of the muppet group today, Bobo and Bean Bunny are really the only two figure that are not sculpted that seem necessary and doable into the Muppet line. The thing of it is being with the line at an end and them not being sculpted yet, it would be hard to get them out and to make enough money off them being made to be worth it for the company. Hopeful Sal the Monkey ecapes the fate of not being made because he atleast has a sculpt.

pppapazo

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
I hope that secret figure isn't just another variant. I certianly hope it isn't Dirth Nader because he really isn't worth all the build up.
Seeing as Ken said that Uncle Deadly will be the last new character to be released, the secret figure will in all likelihood be a variant.

T

timrikthegorf

Oh no, bubble burst. Dang.

MAybe UD will come out on Dec 31st at 11.59 before the contract runs out. Nah.

If it's a variant there is no reason for all this build up. This build up would be great for a Bobo or a Bean or a 3 pack ofBean, Bobo, and Sal with penguins. A variant isn't worth it.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
I remember hearing about a new version of a character figure, i'm not sure how correct that is, but it would be cool if it was Dr. Teeth, He would be really cool and could finally get a magnetic hat!

It would be worth the build-up if Dr. Teeth were the figure. Magnetic hat, MTM outfit, possibly a couple of Rizzo's buddies as pack-ins.

T

timrikthegorf

No, even Dr. Teeth isn't worth it, at least not for me. He'd have to be greatly improved overthe original. I mean he'd have to look like the side show bust. I suppose some rat pack ins would be nice, like a waiter Rizzo, but I doubt it. It's probably Dirth NAder.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
No, even Dr. Teeth isn't worth it, at least not for me. He'd have to be greatly improved overthe original. I mean he'd have to look like the side show bust. I suppose some rat pack ins would be nice, like a waiter Rizzo, but I doubt it. It's probably Dirth NAder.
So much negativity. Be strong, think happy thoughts and the dreams that you wish will come true :wink: . If it's Dirth Nader, it's Dirth Nader. I don't know why it would be though...the concept doesn't fit in with anything else the line has to offer (ie. Invisible figures, Superhero figures, Vacation figures, Steppin' Out figures). Well, then again, neither does Adventure Kermit. If Dirth Nader came in a two pack with Princess Leia Piggy that would be cool. I'm not going to worry about it though. If it's a cool figure, like I know it will be, I will most likely buy it and add it to my already outstanding, fantastic, amazing collection. If it's another Scooter, then I'll skip it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Then how do you feel about another Kermit and another yet classic Robin?

Yeah, that's fright, the mystery figure's been announced: Rainbow Connection Kermit, will come with removable banjo, log, singing vegetables though I don't know which and "Seated" Robin.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
That I can deal with. The figure looks cool and comes with cool accessories, and all proceeds go to a good cause. It's the perfect end to a perfect line. I just hope the wave 4 minis become a reality.

IndianaFrog

Reaction score
And now the end is near we reach the final curtain

:boo: In the latest Daily Bit on PalisadesToys.com it is announced that Series X and the Rainbow Connection Kermit will be the final toys. :boo:

But I wondered (and emailed Palisades R&D Dept.) with the final Star Wars coming out, why not do a Jedi Kermit or Darth Gonzo from the episode of the Muppet Show with the original StarWars trilogy cast? Can you say $$$$$$ and "hand over fist"? But sadly, this is it for our favorite felt friends...for now. 30 years will be here before we know it.

I just got Adventure (Indiana Frog) Kermit in the mail and I'm kinda disturbed. Kermit comes complete with whip, hat (ingeniously magnetically attachable), sachel, Golden Gonzo idol and (this was the disturbing part) a six-shot revolver to compliment his bent right trigger finger.

I want the Jim Henson exclusive, BADLY. As creepy as it looks (like Jerry Garcia had The Dead been in Yellow Submarine) I think it would be something cool to have. If they can make KISS and Metallica figures I see nothing wrong with a Henson. I didn't know that puppet existed. Can anyone point to what episodes it/he was in.

OK, I'll stop rambling before you bar me :concern:

IJF