Any Simon and Garfunkel fans out there?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
My favorite singer is getting a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Grammys, as is his lyrical genius of a former singing partner. :smile: As if that alone weren't enough, rumors are flying furiously that the two may actually take this opportunity to bury the hatchet and reunite! Tuesday, Art said on Good Morning America that he misses Paul, and he made it sound like at least singing a song together at the Grammys is a viable possibility. I'm soooo psyched! Not that they aren't great separately - because they are - but them recreating that magic even for a few minutes would be an incredibly moving thing to witness. K, I'll quit gushing now. Anybody else out there get all gooey over Artie and Paul?

Erin

EmmyMik

Reaction score
The Lifetime Achievement Award is the *only* reason I'll be watching the Grammys. I love Simon & Garfunkel (and even Paul's solo work. Awesome, just awesome. And actually, I'm rather a geek about that too). I do hope that they will sing, that would be great (the other day I was watching my tape of the 1981 [I think] concert in Central Park).

A few weeks ago I was watching "American Dreams" (I love that show), and at the end of the episode they played the acoustic version of "Sounds of Silence" (from the 1964 album "Wednesday Morning 3 AM"), it made me all hyper and happy. And on last week's episode Artie was on the show playing the owner of a record store, so being the dork that I am, I cheered.

See, now I'm the one who's all gabbing about Paul and Artie...

:wink:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
The Lifetime Achievement Award is the *only* reason I'll be watching the Grammys. I love Simon & Garfunkel (and even Paul's solo work. Awesome, just awesome. And actually, I'm rather a geek about that too). I do hope that they will sing, that would be great (the other day I was watching my tape of the 1981 [I think] concert in Central Park).

A few weeks ago I was watching "American Dreams" (I love that show), and at the end of the episode they played the acoustic version of "Sounds of Silence" (from the 1964 album "Wednesday Morning 3 AM"), it made me all hyper and happy. And on last week's episode Artie was on the show playing the owner of a record store, so being the dork that I am, I cheered.

See, now I'm the one who's all gabbing about Paul and Artie...

:wink:
Yay, Emmy! Yeah, it's the main reason I'm watching too, though I'm also gonna keep an eye out to see if James Taylor wins anything. I've never seen the Concert in Central Park :frown: but I have it on CD - in fact I'm listening to it right now. I kinda missed the boat on "American Dreams" and just started watching it last week to see Artie. He was great! I wish I would've been watching the show from the beginning. I love that version, and I recently discovered you can completely isolate Paul and Art's parts on "Wednesday Morning, 3 AM" by playing it all through one speaker or another - very cool! I just saw Art in concert Saturday in Buffalo. He was awesome! I can't wait to see if he and Paul sing together on Sunday. :-D

Erin

EmmyMik

Reaction score
The Concert in Central Park is great. I have the CD too (I got that before I knew we had the video). It's kind of fun to watcht he concert evolve. At first they're almost business like, but towards the end they're like... old friends.

And one thing you don't get on the CD is Paul singing "The Late Great Johnny Ace". Towards the end of the song, around the part that's talking about John Lennon's death, some guy runs up onto the stage.

I haven't seen either of them in concert (besides the tape, lol), but I would love to. Come to the Nutter Center, Paul. Come to the Nutter Center, Artie.

Then there's this article that says that they may tour together: http://www.thisislondon.com/news/showbiz/articles/3492775?source=Eve

It's just a rumor (and it's from a paper in London, so I have no idea that if they were to tour they would go to the US), but that would be a concert I would love to go to (and probably my parents, lol)...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
The Concert in Central Park is great. I have the CD too (I got that before I knew we had the video). It's kind of fun to watcht he concert evolve. At first they're almost business like, but towards the end they're like... old friends.

And one thing you don't get on the CD is Paul singing "The Late Great Johnny Ace". Towards the end of the song, around the part that's talking about John Lennon's death, some guy runs up onto the stage.
I know, I really want to see how their interaction changes throughout the concert. I heard about that guy rushing the stage. It sounded like a pretty scary moment. I read in an interview once Paul saying he was thinking he was going to go down just like John Lennon... :frown:

Then there's this article that says that they may tour together: http://www.thisislondon.com/news/showbiz/articles/3492775?source=Eve

It's just a rumor (and it's from a paper in London, so I have no idea that if they were to tour they would go to the US), but that would be a concert I would love to go to (and probably my parents, lol)...
I saw that article, too! It would be so cool if they did tour together, especially if they did a few around this neck of the woods. :smile:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Wow, that's great news! It'd be great to see Paul and Art doing a duet again (my personal preference would be "Richard Cory.")

Speaking of Paul's solo work, am I the only one here who's hoping that he wins the Oscar for Best Song this year? Seriously, Nicktoons movie or not, "Father and Daughter" is one of the most beautiful songs I've heard in a long time.

-Kim

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
Speaking of Paul's solo work, am I the only one here who's hoping that he wins the Oscar for Best Song this year? Seriously, Nicktoons movie or not, "Father and Daughter" is one of the most beautiful songs I've heard in a long time.

-Kim
I haven't heard it yet. :frown: Will he be singing it at the Grammys?

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Don'tLiveonMoon
I haven't heard it yet. :frown: Will he be singing it at the Grammys?
He'll be singing it at the Oscars. I know that.

And I've heard from some sources that a tour of S&G isn't too far fetched right now.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hope ol' Paully boy can snag an Oscar for that song he did for the Thornberries movie. I'm crossed between him and U2.... Hope it doesn't go to anyone else.

I gotta say, I loved Paul Simon on TMS.... when he stole Gonzo's chickens for screwing around with his song...

"I'd rather be a mushroom than a phone..."

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
I hope ol' Paully boy can snag an Oscar for that song he did for the Thornberries movie. I'm crossed between him and U2.... Hope it doesn't go to anyone else.
Sorry, but it needs to go to Kander and Ebb. :big_grin: