Any Simon and Garfunkel fans out there?

Manda:-D

Reaction score
I LOOOOVE Simon & Garfunkel!!!! Though, not as much as my brother....His favorite song is "Sound of Silence"....Hmmm.....Makes one wonder....:big_grin:
Anyhoo, yes, Father & Daughter" is a BEAUTIFUL song, and I think it deserves the Oscar, even if it WAS from The Wild Thornberries Movie!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Manda:-D

Anyhoo, yes, Father & Daughter" is a BEAUTIFUL song, and I think it deserves the Oscar, even if it WAS from The Wild Thornberries Movie!!!
Hey now, Wild Thornberries was one of the best looking American animated film of last year. Love that Nickelodeon style. Good to see they still make kids animation with imagination and stuff, and not the usual dreg like Spirit of the Cimmaron and Beauty and the Beast 5.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Don'tLiveonMoon
I know, it's such a sad song in a way. It really does hint at their breakup. I think a lot of their later songs can be read that way -- I wrote a review of "Old Friends" focusing on the third CD like that http://www.epinions.com/musc-review-30D8-CBA8D1C-3925650D-prod3 -- but "Only Living Boy" especially, and "So Long, Frank Lloyd Wright." They are extremely poignant.
"Old Friends" is a great set. I'm too cheap to buy it (note to wealthy people just wanting to throw away money, give it to me!), but I've checked it out from the library a few times. Maybe, just maybe, someday I'll buy it (or someone will buy it for me)...

electricmayhem

Reaction score
I hope they sing together at the Grammys! That would be the best thing ever:smile: I'm a big fan too and I love the Paul Simon episode of TMS! My favorite song of theirs would have to be Bridge over Troubled Water. We sang it at our graduation, it was very happy. I also love I am a Rock.

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by electricmayhem
Well, my fingers are crossed!
Mine too, and I'll tell ya, it's hard to type!

:smile:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Hey now, Wild Thornberries was one of the best looking American animated film of last year. Love that Nickelodeon style. Good to see they still make kids animation with imagination and stuff, and not the usual dreg like Spirit of the Cimmaron and Beauty and the Beast 5.
:eek: I have angered The Cory!!!!:eek: :wink:
....I agree, though, that The Wild Thornberries is better than Spirit and ALL THOSE Disney sequel junk, but I'm afraid it's just not one of my favorite movies, though probably one of the best animated movies to come out this year!
(So don't hurt me!!!)

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
Wanna hear something messed-up? Today, one of my friends was arguing with another about who performed "Mrs. Robinson"...this guy claimed it was the BEATLES that performed it. And although the other guy kept saying it was Simon and Garfunkel, this guy kept insisting it was performed by the Beatles! How dumb is that?