Anyone else here Beatles Fans?

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I saw Paul in '89 and he was great then. The audience always gets into it. Paul loves to tour and that translates to the audience.

Thijs

Reaction score
He comes to Holland this year. I hope I can get some tickets. I heard he will do a 'best of'. Is that true?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i think he did a best of the beatles on a lot of his tours here in the u.s this past year

ryan

DirthNader

Reaction score
Originally posted by Tommie
I want 'Blackbird' on my funeral. It's the most beautiful song I've ever heard. The Beatles are my favourite band, and I don't think there will ever be a better one.
Blackbird sings in the dead of night..
Take these broken wings and learn
to fly.
All your life,
You were only waiting for this moment
to arise.

I love that song. :big_grin:

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I think all of Paul's tours for the past 10-15 years have included a lot of Beatles songs. The set won't change much show to show, so you can pretty much count on the 'best of.'

Danielle

Reaction score
I loooooooooooove the Beatles, Rubber Soul is my favorite album, Norwegian Wood and Eleanor Rigby are my two favorite songs right now...

Every time I hear Let It Be I hear the Sesame Street version... ''Letter B, Letter B, Letter B, Letter B.......''

:smirk::excited:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I've always liked the Beatles but have been an especially big fan since my younger brother decided a couple years ago that they were his favorite band. I had a chance to go to Liverpool when I was in England in 2001, and that was very cool. Can't help but get into the Beatles when you're in Liverpool. I think Nathan's interest in the Beatles became really intense when George Harrison died. :cry: Ringo has always been his favorite, though. Partly because he was the conductor on "Thomas the Tank Engine" and partly because he's the most offbeat. I can't decide who my favorite is!

Some of my favorite Beatles songs are "Let It Be," "Hey Jude," "Penny Lane," "Yellow Submarine," "Hello Goodbye," "Help!"... lots of others. "Let It Be" and "Hey Jude" are probably top of the list though. The Beatles are terrific!
Erin

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
I've been a Beatlemaniac since 1990 (when I first saw Yellow Submarine), and I definitely recommend getting into their music (it shows in my signature :wink:). Get as many albums of theirs as you can (if you wanna save money, try shopping at thrift stores for their records, or check their CDs out of the library and copy 'em for yourself), and watch their movies (ESPECIALLY Yellow Submarine) - but just stay away from the 60's cartoon series.

All the Anthology CDs and videos are a must. And if you haven't heard enough, get the following albums if you can:
All Things Must Pass - George Harrison
Dark Horse - George Harrison
Thirty Three and 1/3 – George Harrison (Eric Idle makes an appearance!)
Cloud 9 - George Harrison
Imagine - John Lennon
Plastic Ono Band - John Lennon
Double Fantasy - John Lennon
McCartney - Paul McCartney
Ram - Paul McCartney
Band on the Run - Paul McCartney
Venus and Mars - Wings
(I haven’t heard enough of Ringo, apart from Good Night Vienna – ugh!)

I can't wait to hear the Muppet version of Obladi Oblada. :big_grin:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
The Beatles did write and perform some of the greatest songs in history :smile: It's kinda strange ... none of them back then were very good singers; it was only long after they broke up & formed solo bands that their voices improved. IMO, McCartney is the greatest example. His voice is now stronger and clearer than it has ever been.

Who knows how far Lennon could've gotten if he hadn't been shot?

Ryan

Reaction score
Boober Gorg:
You have the Anthology Videos? Maybe we should trade again! Do you have a CD ripper/burner? If so, Anthology CD's 2&3 sound nice... :big_grin: