Anyone else remember Eureka's Castle????

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I didn't say Kathy was Eureka, I thought I heard her working the show, but I just tried to look it up and found nothing. So maybe I just imaged it, my sorry. But she was Allegra.

BEAR

Reaction score
JJandJanice said:
I didn't say Kathy was Eureka, I thought I heard her working the show, but I just tried to look it up and found nothing. So maybe I just imaged it, my sorry. But she was Allegra.
I know, you meant that you thought she worked on the show. I was saying she didn't work on the show. Just to clear it all up.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Bryan if you need some help on getting these show back on or whatever it is your doing I'm in. Oh and I loved The Elephant Show. I loved that alot. I had the puppets that Pizza Hut did back in the early 90's. I had all three. I couldn't get enough of Eureeka's Castle. We need more shows like that on the air other then these now a days.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
To git off subject a little here, a lot of these shows on now days simply have no point to the other then to sell merchandise.

BEAR

Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
Bryan if you need some help on getting these show back on or whatever it is your doing I'm in. Oh and I loved The Elephant Show. I loved that alot. I had the puppets that Pizza Hut did back in the early 90's. I had all three. I couldn't get enough of Eureeka's Castle. We need more shows like that on the air other then these now a days.

Well, actually, Kyle...it isn't that I am trying to bring these shows back on the air. I don't have that kind of power unfortunately. What I am trying to do is bring back entertainment like those shows in my own work. They just don't have that kind of good quality family entertainment anymore. Well, not much of it anyway. It truly is a dying form. I want to bring that back. We've lost the stuff that Jim Henson, Shari Lewis, Bill Cosby, Carol Burnett, and others have created. And while no one can be just like them or should even try, I feel the need to bring back what has been lost and do it my own way.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I loved Eureeka's Castle as well. I also enjoyed some other Nick classics not mentioned in this thread yet including Pinwheel (many parallels to SS talked about many times on the forum) and Today's Special. I had forgotten about Gullah Gullah Island until you mentioned it Bear, but that was a great show too! I loved the cultural diverstiy of that show. I also enjoyed the Elephant Show, great songs!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I used to watch today special and pinwheel everyday, I have to say that I also love Fred Penners place too!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You know guys, I think it's a cycle, They have really good educational children's programming on,, then there is not, which is the part were at now. then we get people like bear who remembers the good old days, and we have quality programming on again.

I think there is always good programming on, it's just father and few between, you just really have to look for, especially on the major children's programming block's these days, it almost seems hopeless.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I used to watch Pinwheel, Today's Special, The Elephant Show and David the Gnome all the time. They were great. Even though at the age of four I could tell Pinwheel was something of a poor man's Sesame Street, lol.

Today's Special was so unusual. The character of Jeff was a mannequin who only came alive when you put his magic hat on and said the magic words. If the hat fell off (which of course it did, every episode!), he'd become a mannequin again. Because the world was so new to him, he sort of spoke for the show's young audience, asking questions and learning new things.

There are some good shows for children out right now, but not many. These are just my opinions but The Fairly Odd Parents has witty humor and manages to sneak in some morals. Spongebob is also very amusing. Yugioh!, while there is a lot of action and fighting, focused a lot on friendship too.

But for the most part it seems the only way to expose your kids to quality entertainment is to dig into the past.

There's a really good fansite about Today's Special here:
http://todays-special.schuminweb.com/main-page.asp

It has a very detailed episode guide and a lot of clips. There are also clips on youtube.com