1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Anyone else sick of this?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by JackMonster, Feb 15, 2012.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree with your insights. ;) My post was replying to the initial question. It was a great part of the movie and it's fantastic that people are responding to it. There's a lot of other stuff too, but this was a highlight for me. And yeah, I kind of knew it was coming but it was done so well I didn't care. Parsons cracks me up!
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's my own fault for looking at the Muppet Wiki before I saw the movie.

I agree with what Tough Pigs said about the spoilers. It was just too, too easy to find out the entire movie. Heck, we found out about the Mahnah Mahnah ending 2 years before it was filmed! :sigh:
  3. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Yeah. It's a show you either LOVE, HATE , or can't make up your mind. I'm in the third indecisvie group.
  4. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I'm a hardcore fan too but I thought Jim Parsons' cameo was hilarious and unexpected!
    heralde, frogboy4 and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  5. miss kermie

miss kermie Well-Known Member

When me and my dad saw it, he yelled, "HEY, THAT'S SHELDON!"
    I was all like, dad, that not the only thing awesome about this movie!
  6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Kev, you would love that show!!!
  7. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

He must be great, for being on screen for a minute.
    miss kermie likes this.
  8. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

The music video featuring Jim Parsons alongside Walter, Jason and Jason's Muppetman.
    heralde and Bannanasketch like this.
  9. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Lol, made me laugh all over again. ;)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  10. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

It would've been nice if they picked an actual celebrity. Neil Patrick Harris should have done it instead.

(Also, who the heck are they getting to edit these music videos together? They're butchering them to heck!)
  11. heralde

As long as he's funny in the moment, which he is, it's a good choice for me. ;)
    frogboy4 likes this.
  12. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

One of these days I'll take out more time for TV besides Glee (what kind of ending did they give us tonight?!!!) or The New Girl.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I thought Parsons was a perfect choice! He is an "actual celebrity" as well as an Emmy winner and most people know Big Bang Theory. But I do wish NPH had been given more to do in the movie. He just doesn't strike me as a perfect Walter alter ego like Parsons.
  14. mo

mo Well-Known Member

to be quite honest i did point and say "sheldon" i'm not to much of a die hard muppet fan.
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I dunno... I actually think the sequence where, as a die hard Muppet fan, looks at the kidnapped, and completely unwilling to be in the show, Neil disappointingly mumbles "That should've been me!" I think that was a brilliant little aside.
  16. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Like I said, he must have been awesome screen presence for being in the film a minute.
  17. heralde

Well he just has this sort of quirky signature swagger that I think fans of The Big Bang Theory enjoy.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  18. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

No, you wouldn't.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  19. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Why in the world would you say that? Maybe you don't love it, but I think the humor and comic book references would be very much Kevin's taste. BBT is a phenomenally funny show and Parsons as Walter was such a perfect fit in the film. He really went all-out and I appreciated that. :)
  20. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

----------------
    Heck, I'm not a "Big Bang Theory" fan but I LMAO when I saw Parsons in the film, simply because he was the PERFECT "human Walter." It was the choice of casting, and the way Parsons delivered his songlines, that made that bit work and work hilariously.

And yeah...NPH's little asides were funny. I'm not really a Jack Black fan either, but he interacted fairly well with the Muppets throughout. (I love the scene between him and Animal at the trailer -- right up to the bad CGI, anyway!)
    ---------------