1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Anyone else sick of this?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by JackMonster, Feb 15, 2012.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt most of the people going were huge Peabody fans to begin with. I'm sure if my Dad went to see the film he'd instantly be complaining about the voice.

Guess I'm a half casual then, lol. I did touch the franchise since and usually came to regret it. So did most audiences. That's why Muppets (2011) was considered a comeback.

SkeetScootSquat likes this.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

No no no. Not fans that constantly rewatch the first three films. Ones that kinda sort of watched them once when they were kids. Maybe an episode of the Muppet Show that one time and a bunch of Muppet Babies episodes. THAT kind of casual. The ones that got more exposure to the preschool cartoon spinoff. Where the voices were really weird.

At least it's not like Looney Tunes where they constantly recast the characters based on availability and pricing. I just want ONE official voice for each character. Sucks that in both big movies, they didn't get Jim Cummings to play Taz. Mel Blanc nothing. He was awesome and all, but Jim made Taz his character. If there's one recast in the whole thing that actually puts Mel to shame, it's that. Oh man, I'm getting off topic.

But seriously, Jim's a better Taz. He gives a far more energetic, multidimensional performance.

3. heralde

I get you, that might have been me if not for Nickelodeon's Muppet Matinee, hehe.

Oh was he on Taz-Mania?

4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I just have a hard time finding that a valid reason to dislike the movie.

5. Pinkflower7783

I wrote that like two years ago I'm not concerned about that anymore.

6. heralde

Oh true, sorry I hadn't noticed that, lol.

7. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

I am personally done putting up with people griping about how the Muppets sound.

For me, one of the triumphs of MMW is that Whitmire, Jacobson, Baretta, Vogel, Rudman and Linz all knock it out of the park at every opportunity, in terms of line delivery, singing, puppetry and all-around energy. (Dave Goelz does too, of course, but we're talking about recasts.)

If I was ever lucky enough to be involved with any future Muppet production, I'd make anyone else involved sit down and watch MMW, and basically say, "Here's how it's done, folks."

Seriously, with all due respect to the original Muppet performers, I even prefer the new "Together Again" to the original.

Duke Remington likes this.
  8. heralde

There we will never see eye to eye, hehe. ;)

9. Pinkflower7783

I have to second that nothing tops the original "Together Again" so I wouldn't go that far.

heralde likes this.
  10. LouisTheOtter

LouisTheOtter Well-Known Member

Hey, no problem, guys. I'm weird like that. (I actually prefer MFS and MTI to TMTM.)

heralde likes this.
  11. Drtooth

I don't know about that, but it was certainly MUCH better than the Mahna Mahna finale last film. I keep hearing these complaints that the ending of this film was a little weak, but on the plus side, they completely tied up the movie before the finale.

12. heralde

After seeing the film, ironically the voices were the last thing that bothered me. I thought Steve and everybody did an awesome job in that department. The writers, not so much.

And frankly, being such a MTM fan, I felt heartsick hearing "Together Again" being used in this film.

13. Pinkflower7783

People STILL thinking Robin is Kermit and Piggy's son. Can I please just have permission to punch these people in the face? Kermit won't even commit to marriage for crying out loud I'm pretty sure having a family scares the crap out of him too. :p

Duke Remington and sofiasaldanha like this.
  14. WalterFan1234

WalterFan1234 Active Member

That was one of the best muppet movies ever, so to say he was best part would be kinda wrong. It was great to see him on the song he did a great job, but there was much better things about it. Especially the song pictures in my head

15. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Watch some Charlie Brown, and you'll be freaking out, because all the characters have a billion different voices, except Snoopy (but now that Bill has passed...).

16. Drtooth

Children go through puberty. Casting children as the voice of children causes that problem to arise naturally.

All I'm saying is WB is very inconsistent in casting the voices for their Looney Tunes characters. Other than June Foray who pretty muchcussed out the producers of Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries for wanting a different Granny voice actress. They made darn well sure she was still June Foray after that one. Good for you, June! :flirt:

But everyone else... it could be Billy West, Jeff Bergman, Joe Alaskey... sometimes even Jeff Bennet and Jim Cummings. They keep changing voice actors of primary characters like that. And I'm not saying that any of these guys are untalented by any means. I think they all do great jobs as their respective Looney Tunes characters. The consistency issue is all the producers.

Duke Remington likes this.
  17. BeakerJanice

BeakerJanice Active Member

I don't think,Jim parsons is a bad actor or something like that.I just mean...It was a cameo on a song!I know BBT,but I don't watch it.
    I loved TM,it's one of my Favourite movies though!

18. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

It's not the fact that I think he's a "bad actor", because I don't think he is, it's that in a 100+ minute long spectacular film, the only thing someone can say is "It's Sheldon!".

19. BeakerJanice

Oh yea.... :( No ideas on the wonderful finale?No ideas on the action scenes?No one???I loved the part with barbershop quartet the most

Muppet Master likes this.
  20. BeakerJanice

Thanks for likes,Muppet Master!Do U want to follow me?