Anyone else sick of this?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree with your insights. :wink: My post was replying to the initial question. It was a great part of the movie and it's fantastic that people are responding to it. There's a lot of other stuff too, but this was a highlight for me. And yeah, I kind of knew it was coming but it was done so well I didn't care. Parsons cracks me up!
One of these days I'll take out more time for TV besides Glee (what kind of ending did they give us tonight?!!!) or The New Girl.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It would've been nice if they picked an actual celebrity. Neil Patrick Harris should have done it instead.

(Also, who the heck are they getting to edit these music videos together? They're butchering them to heck!)
I thought Parsons was a perfect choice! He is an "actual celebrity" as well as an Emmy winner and most people know Big Bang Theory. But I do wish NPH had been given more to do in the movie. He just doesn't strike me as a perfect Walter alter ego like Parsons.

mo

Reaction score
to be quite honest i did point and say "sheldon" i'm not to much of a die hard muppet fan.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I thought Parsons was a perfect choice! He is an "actual celebrity" as well as an Emmy winner and most people know Big Bang Theory. But I do wish NPH had been given more to do in the movie. He just doesn't strike me as a perfect Walter alter ego like Parsons.
I dunno... I actually think the sequence where, as a die hard Muppet fan, looks at the kidnapped, and completely unwilling to be in the show, Neil disappointingly mumbles "That should've been me!" I think that was a brilliant little aside.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
No, you wouldn't.
Why in the world would you say that? Maybe you don't love it, but I think the humor and comic book references would be very much Kevin's taste. BBT is a phenomenally funny show and Parsons as Walter was such a perfect fit in the film. He really went all-out and I appreciated that. :smile:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
Heck, I'm not a "Big Bang Theory" fan but I **** when I saw Parsons in the film, simply because he was the PERFECT "human Walter." It was the choice of casting, and the way Parsons delivered his songlines, that made that bit work and work hilariously.

And yeah...NPH's little asides were funny. I'm not really a Jack Black fan either, but he interacted fairly well with the Muppets throughout. (I love the scene between him and Animal at the trailer -- right up to the bad CGI, anyway!)
---------------