1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by beaker, Nov 22, 2011.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Oh I very much like hearing this. I was hoping the European release would create a bonanza for Muppet promos and merchandise. Wait, there's an actual new Muppet magazine?
  2. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Im still puzzled what people mean by a "lot of cool US merchandise". Plushes aside, uh I don't consider bandaids, snuggies, rubber bands, nor crappy screenprint recycleable bags noteworthy.
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

4. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't mind the mundane stuff. At least it's a tiny effort. Anything else would be a rant on the toy industry I already stated like 1000 times on this thread. Cute and wacky Muppets= terrible sell... Pug fugly big red nosed characters from an unremarkable CGI kiddy film= hot sell. And even the mundane Muppet stuff manages to move. Retailers, marketers, manufacturers and Disney underestimated how well Muppet stuff would sell. Even the Bandaids and (if you can find them) Valentines are selling sharply. Now's the time for Disney to run with it, while people are asking "Where did you get that Kermit doll?" and "Will you get any more in?"

Still, I'm just annoyed they made a bigger effort overseas. Milk carton stickers don't sound terribly exciting, sure... but that German grocery chain and the Muppet puppets, and Tesco small plushes... other than The Disney store and Walgreens, there wasn't any plush anywhere. I can understand small figures being a hard sell, and a toy line not making it past Kermit, Piggy, and Animal... but there was NO reason there couldn't have been small plushes available for general release sale. THAT'S why I'm disappointed.
    Frogpuppeteer likes this.
  5. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

I actually never saw Arthur Christmas merchandise, maybe it was an east coast release? At this point im kind of 'meh' on everything. If Disney wants to make awesome Muppet merch finally, cool. If not, whatever.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

TRU exclusives... and they didn't sell at all.... Even when they hit an early clearance, there was still a huge display of them. The character designs are beyond ugly, I think that helped these things not to sell.
  7. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

It has Floyd on it! Maybe I'll tell my parents this is what I want for my birthday haha XD