Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh, it did well enough here... it's some nagging little international market... which bugs me because IT DID WELL HERE! I'm sure that it's good enough to be a favorite for years to come with DVD's selling steady.

The thing that drives me nuts is the international market got Pez dispensers and we didn't. Come to think of it, we didn't get the other 2 Madagascar Pez either.

patchlion

Reaction score
Hey,
I'm new to this forum - I find the merchandise for the movie a disappointing to be honest.
I'm really hoping that Disney do a fantastic "Behind the Scenes" book - similar to " Of Muppets and Men" or "Jim Henson - The Works" - in saying that I think it's a long shot!

Drtooth

Reaction score
This is kinda passive aggressive to bring back up, but...

Take a wild guess which November 23rd released movie's merchandise is ALREADY on clearance at TRU.

beaker

Reaction score
This is kinda passive aggressive to bring back up, but...

Take a wild guess which November 23rd released movie's merchandise is ALREADY on clearance at TRU.
Companies will take a chance making merch for an untested, noones heard of kids movie...but NOT for one of the most beloved franchises for the last SIXTY years.
Thats the kind of world we live in

Sorry I cant get excited about Muppet snuggies, rubber bands and walmart keychains.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Me neither. Still... the fact that they thought said Christmas movie would be such a smash they had to thoroughly merchandise the heck out of it, only to spend the next few years trying to clear it all out does prove that. Muppet stuff should never be a hard sell, even if there wasn't a movie.

But this all goes to show how short sighted Disney is and something big is waiting in the wings.

beaker

Reaction score
Me neither. Still... the fact that they thought said Christmas movie would be such a smash they had to thoroughly merchandise the heck out of it, only to spend the next few years trying to clear it all out does prove that. Muppet stuff should never be a hard sell, even if there wasn't a movie.

But this all goes to show how short sighted Disney is and something big is waiting in the wings.
Was at Toys R Us...all the FAO Muppet stuff is gone. Toy Story 3 and so much more just warming dem' pegs. Disneystore, same deal...a lot of the small Muppet pittance(a few ugly recycle bags and alluminum canisters besides the good plushes) were picked over.
I still stand by my view that Disney royally screwed up, and it still gets me that there's very little related merchandise in stores. And definitely no movie specific merch(I know, If Im a real Muppet fan I should shut up:smile:

MustSeeHDTV

Reaction score
Frogpuppeteer, thanks for the tip on the Walgreen's Kermit. I just picked one up (they still have 4 left after I bought mine) and it was on sale for $1 less ($6.99 from $7.99).

It's decent for $7. I'd say it looks better then the Steiff Kermit, but I'm judging that by the pictures as I don't have that one.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Frogpuppeteer, thanks for the tip on the Walgreen's Kermit. I just picked one up (they still have 4 left after I bought mine) and it was on sale for $1 less ($6.99 from $7.99).

It's decent for $7. I'd say it looks better then the Steiff Kermit, but I'm judging that by the pictures as I don't have that one.
glad i could help...as for steiff kermit ive seen it in person at Disney world and i think its ok...if i remember i think DrTooth owns one...he would be a better iperson to ask about that kermit

Drtooth

Reaction score
glad i could help...as for steiff kermit ive seen it in person at Disney world and i think its ok...if i remember i think DrTooth owns one...he would be a better iperson to ask about that kermit
I own a 50 dollar toy now? Hah! I can't even afford a 10 dollar Adventure Time action figure.

But for 7 bucks, the Walgreens Kermit is very solid. It may not be the best Kermit out there (the Fisher Price and Macy's plush are the gold standard for me), it is a good value Kermit Plush... I think I might like it better than the Disney Store's. The only thing stopping me from getting it is the fact I barely have room for anything.

I did see an Animal plush/throw blanket combo at FYE yesterday. Pretty standard Animal plush, comes with blanket... only 15 bucks.