1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Anyone Find The Lack Of Muppet Merch Disturbing?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by beaker, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Seems that they're looking towards Europe for that kind of Muppet domination. If that means the movie will get an additional couple of million, at least Europe will get some great stuff. We can always trade with/buy from them.

Still, anyone even found the Pez yet? Everywhere I go they're just refreshing the Cars and Princesses.
  2. panmanthe2nd Active Member

There are new Pez sets??? I must have!

If anyone knows a website that sells them could you post a link. Thank you :)
  3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Pez

Someone said that they found them, but I haven't yet.

I did find 2 new Star Wars Pez at Target (Darth Maul and a re-sculpted Yoda) and of course the Valentines ones... but the Muppet ones haven't come around to me just yet. But we're usually the last to get that stuff.
  4. panmanthe2nd Active Member

Thanks for the link. :) I used to have most of the Muppet Pezs that were out at the time, but my sister sold them, thinking they were hers!

I'll have to try to get the old ones from eBay or somewhere.

Will the new ones be sold in the UK? In fact where do they still sell Pez in the UK? They used to sell them in Tesco, but I haven't seen them there for a few years. If I can't get them in the shops I guess I'll have to look for them on eBay too.
  5. Writersright Member

You guys ain't gonna like this but Muppets are getting pretty hyped up here. We can now buy Muppets plates, cups, slippers, bags, pyamas, casings and bowls at one of the biggest super market franchises here, the one that also holds the earlier mentioned hand puppet promotion. I got the Kermit hand puppet which I'll make some pics and a video of this week.

Their magazine has got exclusive Muppet recipes like Fozzy's Honey Pancakes. I'm pretty busy but I'll try to take some pictures and make an article of it on my Muppet Blog.
  6. ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

I am soooo jealous. I wish the US did more merchandise with the muppets.
  7. Writersright Member

It gets worse. Check out these posters:

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

OMG!!! Are those available for purchase? If so, how much do they cost in your country? What about the bags and hand puppets? How much ar those? Would you be willing to purchase them for me and ship to me (depending on price)? I would pay via paypal
  9. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Disney has actually been doing the Muppets justice in the past few months. There's actually more stuff in the US than is being reported. The Disney store has lots of Muppet plushes including a commercially available Pepe and Walter. There are also houseware and electronics items at various top retailers. We didn't get a windfall or action figures. That's the gripe.
  10. Writersright Member

Well after examinating the website I bought some of them off, it seems they also got a US website so maybe it would be better to order from there:

http://www.allposters.com/-st/Muppe...humb.asp&CID=B6A9B443F3054338972667631A67243E

As for the hand puppets and bags; the bags are pretty generic and are pretty small so I don't think they're worth it. The hand puppets are pretty cool but the catch is that they're not really on sale. For every 15 Euros I spend on grocerys there I recieve a Muppet point. 6 Muppet points will net you a hand puppet. The problem is that my kitchen is already stuffed with grocerys and I've only got a Kermit for myself so I don't think I'll be able to buy enough groceries for another hand puppet.
    Usually though, when the promotion ends, you can buy them for a small price. If that's the case here, I'll be glad to see what I can do for you.
  11. charlietheowl Well-Known Member

oh my goodness they have a sweetums poster and a sam the eagle poster my goodness I found what I want for my birthday.
  12. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Unless there's going to be a big reveal when the movie comes out, and trust me, I'm still holding out hope for that, I'm going to change my in the middle opinion. Disney has made some big promotions with retailers in the UK and I'll say Germany (that's where those puppets come from, right?), while other than Disney Store plush there was hardly anything. And the thing is, people WERE asking for it. I wish Kohls had a deal with Disney for that 5 dollar charity plush instead of those Eric Carle ones that just don't seem to be selling (when they had Toy Story 3, they disappeared in a week with no restock) at the very least...

Now I know they've been playing it cautious in a very volatile market place (one packed with unwanted and unsellable Arthur Christmas figures), and the retailers are just as much, if not more to blame... but other than some lame chotchkis like off brand Snuggies and feetie pajamas there really wasn't all that much around movie time to be excited about. And I'm thinking that extra push could have equaled a better box office gross from exposure alone. They did a great job on the internet, no question... and television 2 weeks up until the film came out.

I'm glad some small things are starting to pop up like Valentines and Bandaids... I severely doubt we'd ever get an action figure line ever again. And I get it's some sort of moral sin to Disney to do fast food promotions (though sugary fruit snacks, sugary drinks, and sugary breakfast cereals NO problem... too bad the Muppets don't have any of them yet). And above all, I understand they're going for the life long brand... but what the early sell out of Disney store plush merchandise proves is that Disney was worried about nothing. Once the DVD comes out, I expect flood gates of Muppet stuff to open up... but if it's going to be one of those things that Disney feels Europe appreciates more (like the Duck family), they're the only ones that will get anything.

As ugly as some of them were, a lot of us felt left out when Europe got the 25th anniversary plush kids meal, and all the US got was another uninspired Barbie/Hot Wheels promotion.
  13. brkndwnbus Active Member

Those are some excellent posters. There's %15 off today's orders, too.
  14. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I think it's safe to say that there's not likely going to be a flood of merchandise, or at least not enough of one to satisfy rabid fans like you and me, but there will definitely be more stuff coming in March. I'll finally gripe if they bungle that opportunity to put a little more merch on the market.
  15. Drtooth Well-Known Member

If they do that... yes. Though, it IS disappointing that Europe gets these big retailer promotions and all we got are a couple UL PSA's... I hope by the end of the year we get at least a quarter of what Cars has... I think that's the ideal amount, right there. I don't expect huge great things, but at LEAST give us party supplies, metal popcorn buckets, fruit snacks and stuff like that. And I hope next year to see more general release Christmas items like cheaper plastic ornaments and stockings and stuff like that. That's where I think they bungled it the most.

Still, the hint of what's coming in March does give me hope.
  16. panmanthe2nd Active Member

Wow! I need to get some of those posters! The only thing is I have no wall space.
  17. brkndwnbus Active Member

I ordered the Rowlf, Fozzie and Sweetums posters.
  18. Writersright Member

19. panmanthe2nd Active Member

Yes it is!!! :)

In the UK (and I'm guessing internationally) the rerelease of MTI and TGMC have the same bonus features as the last release of them. I haven't seen the rereleases of the other Muppets films, but I'm guessing it's the same with them too.

I half hoping that the rerelease of The Muppet Show season 1 is a complete version, but it's unlikely.
  20. Writersright Member

Yeah, there's nothing new on them. Saw them in stores.