Anyone like Spongebob?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I guess he's entertaining. His laugh makes me cringe though. I dig Patric, he's hilarious. It's a neat concept and it certainly works for Nick. I met Tom Kenny at Wizard World Philly back in, I think 2003. He was real nice and gave me a Sponge-Bob sticker, so yeah I guess he's cool, his intense popularity bothers me though. I don't think he deserves to be that popular, it's creepy to me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Though I can understand the motives of people not liking Spongebob, I cannot agree. Yeah, Spongebob is annoying when he laughs, and it is over all a dumb show... but it's a well made dumb show. Considering the toy based shows all over the place, and there's like 1 decent kid's anime to every 3000 Pokeyugidigibalde Masters show (right now, One Piece) it's one of the better shows out there. Personally I like Fairly Oddparents and especially Invader Zim (having just seen it), but Spongebob is a delightfully irreverant, and irrelevant show. Personally, try looking at the show from a different point of view, and You'll enjoy it more. Look at it from Squidward's perspective. he has to live with an annoying sponge, and a brain dead Starfish (Starfish, in reality have no brain) EVERY DAY OF HIS MISERABLE LIFE! I find it much funnier in that context. Sort of like BlackAdder, only totally different in every aspect.

In fact, the only current nick toon I really hate? That Rocket Power Non-sense... I mean, what's up with that?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
...there's like 1 decent kid's anime to every 3000 Pokeyugidigibalde Masters show (right now, One Piece)... Personally I like Fairly Oddparents ...
I love the Pokeyugidigibalde Masters show :wink:
Fairly Odd Parents, now that's a show I dig, especially the segments with the Crimson Chin.
Saw one episode of One Piece, cool animation, not a super strong script I thought.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I love the Pokeyugidigibalde Masters show :wink:
Fairly Odd Parents, now that's a show I dig, especially the segments with the Crimson Chin.
Saw one episode of One Piece, cool animation, not a super strong script I thought.
The Manga's much better... In fact, I haven't seen a better kid's anime/manga type deal since the first couple of books of Dragon Ball, before all the fight tournament stuff came out. It's pretty beefy for a show, and I like the fantastical aspect of the show... especially the weird animals the guy draws. much better than anything on Kid's WB.....

Xerus

Reaction score
I really like Spongebob because he's innocent and childlike and is always doing goofy things that usually gets on his friends' and co-workers' nerves. I especially like the Spongebob, Squidward moments. Almost like Ernie and Bert. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
As Much as I like Spongebob... he definately isn't my favorite in the show. My favorite is a tie Between Squidward and Mr. Krabs. Plus I love Mermaid Man and Barnical boy....

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
The film was only out in the UK yesterday and me and my friends went tosee it. Its hilarious!

Xela

Reaction score
I love the episode "Band Geeks", what with me being in Band and all. That episode always cracks me up. :big_grin: They show it a lot though.

In general, I don't really mind the show. It's okay, and I watch it when I'm bored. :smirk: