Anyone like Spongebob?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I enjoy watching it. I have friends who hate it and think its stupid because the certor is gay or something. Thats why everyone makes fun of that one episode where they play parents to a baby clam. But I watch it when I get the time too.

salemfan

Reaction score
I've seen the episode, "I Had an Accident" and I think the gorilla could be less violent, acting more like the giants in classic fairy tales. Also, has anybody who has seen this episode noticed the finale where it pans out to reveal that the episode was being watched on TV by a family. Does anybody think that instead of an unnamed family, they should have made it that it pans out to reveal the Between the Lions family watching it on TV(Lionel, Leona, Cleo, and Theo)?

How It Would Be That Way: As the gorilla takes off on his horse, the words, "The End" appear on screen. Pan out to reveal this was being watched on TV by Lionel, Leona, Cleo, and Theo from Between the Lions. They all stare in confusion. Cleo and Theo look at each other, Theo gives a look of disapproval and turns the episode off with his remote.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Y'know... I did a little research and most of the time, people who speak ill of Spongey usually recal the "Wonderful" 70's animation era. You know, 3000 Scooby Doo and Archies ripoffs... making the Stooges robots...Animated ripoffs of sitcoms... Other than Fat Albert and Hong Kong Phooey I thibnk that was a total loss of a decade for animation.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I'm a HUGE fan of SpongeBob!!

This is such a cleverly written show. I first became acquainted with Mr. Squarepants around 2002, when I was recouperating from an illness. I was home for two weeks, and found SpongeBob on Nick while channel surfing in a zombielike state. Since then, I have been a regular visitor to Bikini Bottom.

My favorite character is Squidward. I love his deadpan personality. He's the perfect foil for SpongeBob, who of course is the total opposite of the sour squid. In one episode, a weeping Squidward, in a cemetery, approaches a grave and lays down flowers. We then see what is written on the stone: "Here lies Squidward's Hopes and Dreams."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Spongebob is brilliant, I adore that show. The humor is always so unexpected and witty. To be honest, I'm really surprised whenever people say they don't like it. While the humor is undeniably sharp, variations of it have been seen on successful shows for years.

Spongebob is probably my favorite character, which is unusual for me, I usually don't prefer the main character on shows. He's just got this mixture of cuteness and mayhem. Plus I like that he lives by himself and has a job. Not too many kids programs present the life of young adults. Squidward's great too, he reminds me of Boober. Hehe

I always love how much detail the creators put into the sea world. The characters have everything we have, except in "fish terms." And they're pretty consistent. Every snail is the equivalent of a cat. Every worm is a dog etc.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It was so over rated for me. It did not see what all the big fuss about it was. But is has grown on me. I like sone of the earilist ones, but I' very slowly getting into it although I don't really watch it. I here the movie is hilarious so I really wanna see that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
The movie's allright. It has a nice message, that the underdog can make a difference. But the TV show itself is better overall.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Spongebob is an OK show, it has it's moments. I mean, I love the show, don't get me wrong, but it's not my ALL-TIME favorite show that I go around and tell everybody about. I actually wrote 3(and one line away from a 4th) parodies of Gretchen Wilson songs that have to do with Spongebob. Let me know if you want either the links, or whether I should post them.

Daniel

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
I've been a fan for as long as it's been on the air. I think it's one of the most creative shows character-wise and plot-wise since The Muppet Show.