1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

April Fools Feedback

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by D'Snowth, Mar 25, 2013.

?

When should a thread be labeled as an April Fools joke?

1. As soon as the first person acknowledges the joke

37.5%
  2. At the end of the day

62.5%

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

2. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Lol, Google got me good yesterday! They had this little thing called "Google Nose- beta" that allows you to search any scent, and be able to smell it on your computer screen. I tryed it, and then a window popped up saying "HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S D
    AY!" Hehe, I feel so foolish!

3. D'Snowth

I guess because I have pop-up blocker, I didn't get that... instead, I just got redirected to search results for diapers.

Bridget likes this.
  4. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Lol. I still feel quite foolish. I sniffed my computer screen like Bear sniffs you for honey.

Phillip likes this.
  5. misspiggy5260

misspiggy5260 Well-Known Member

That happened to me too

6. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I knew it was a leg-pull from the very start, so I went all through it to see how elaborate they made the joke. I was impressed! My search result was durians, which made me laugh, as hardly anyone in the US knows what those are.

What's ironic is that the joke would never have worked on me, as I have no sense of smell to speak of.

7. D'Snowth

Seriously?

8. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Yep. My nose is deaf. It's called anosmia.

9. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

Another subtle thing to do is to type an "invisible" spoiler at the end by using white as the font color to give the impression of an incognito post, and possibly add a Muppicon of choice as a subtle hint.

For instance, when April 1st came along, I celebrated it in the "I think I'm going crazy" thread (which is sort of like a year-round April Fool's party, even in July, October, December, etc.) by inserting two separate yet slightly similar Muppet photos side-by-side, and I left a subtle hint like this:

:halo:: APRIL FOOL'S! (P.S., if you can read this, you just peeked at the invisible spoiler!)

The invisible text can be highlighted by dragging the mouse over the space, which only shows when quoted and/or the blue text highlighter is used....