1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Wha...buh...why? :(
  2. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I don't know, maybe they're getting lazy trying to figure out which specific title card should be used for which specific episode.

But then again, I've noticed a few of the older ones have long been retired... I mean, how long has it been since they used that one with the sudden rainstorm, prompting Arthur to dig for an umbrella? Or Francine beating on the circle like a gong with Arthur inside? Or D.W. chasing after her toad? That one with Binky's bubblegum seemed to only last a season. Then of course, some of the newer ones weren't particularly good, like with the kids hatching out of an egg and running away from a giant chicken, or the slot-machine one.
  3. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, I just wanted to let you guys know that I'm dying.

I was having some fries, and some of them were green, but they were so pretty, I couldn't NOT eat them, even though I know they're deadly...

So, in my final days, I wish to fly the highest kite in the world, drink an entire ocean, take a bite out of the sun, watch Mary Moo-Cow Christmas specials in May, and take up ballet, as these are my dying wishes.
    Dominicboo1 and Hubert like this.
  4. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Personally, I hated when they started announcing titles, and redubbing title names in existing episodes. I swear first season, the titles were clean and they had more dialogue in the title card sequences.

I swear there was something where D.W. wore her blankey like a super hero cape and the announcer said something like "Faster and more annoying than a mosquito... it's SUPER SISTER!!!!" and they just cut the dialogue and said the episode title over it.

And I swear they only did stuff over the title card because Cinar did something similar with The Busy World of Richard Scary.
  5. Hubert Well-Known Member

Since this is a thread about Arthur, I thought I might as well put that if any wiki editors who like Arthur are on here, we could use some more editors at Arthur Wiki!

http://arthur.wikia.com/wiki/Arthur_Wiki
  6. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The Binky Song!

7. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

The synopsis for today's new episode:

Just when I thought they weren't scraping the bottom of the barrel enough, now they're literally looking UNDER the barrel for stories.
  8. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Don't insult the barrel. Its not its fault they ran out of ideas. It was overworked.
  9. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't see how that's so much being out of ideas so much as an idea I'm shocked they hadn't done sooner.

Me? I've had that problem with glasses before. They don't make frames like the ones that you had and you have to get something new anytime the frames give out or you lose those insipid screws and can't get replacements. I had to get an expensive set of frames just to salvage the lenses I had in one pair. It was far cheaper than getting new lenses all together.
  10. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Hopefully I'll remember to watch it today and give a valid opinion on it :smirk:
  11. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

*Cue music* Everybody roll the barrel...
    I've been lucky enough to be able to keep getting the same frames (or at least frames nearly identical) for about... dang, I forget how long... but glasses are somewhat of a hassle for me, because I HAVE to wear them, they're something of an identity and trademark for me, so I have to find frames that are "me", otherwise, I'm not D'Snowth.

Funnily enough, recently when I had to help my mother get a new pair of glasses (she's been getting rimless, which I find defeats the purpose), the optomostrists working there said Sarah Palin made glasses a fashion statement. How stupid that is... I grew up in the generation where glasses were socially acceptable, so glasses were "cool" long before anybody ever heard of Palin.

Now if only Tina Fey would stop ditching her glasses as if we did a back flip into previous generations where glasses were for dorks.
  12. Hubert Well-Known Member

I kinda liked today's new episode. Good lesson for kids, to not let your appearance and whatnot affect the way you behave and act. It wasn't perfectly executed, but still fairly good. There was so much stuff in there for knowledgable Arthur fans.
  13. Drtooth Well-Known Member

You know what bugs me about the last season? Not even the fact that it took us 2 years to get episodes that were already shown all at once in Australia, but they're clearly airing them out of order.

There are all these little nuggets and Easter Eggs relating to other episodes that didn't air yet. One episode, you see Capri DiVapida wearing a nose cone flashing across a television, and the episode that actually had that aired later that year. Then the Pioneer Girls dolls popped up in the background almost a year before the episode with them showed up. There was some mild continuity with the soccer ball being lost, but that's it.
  14. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Like for some reason or another, my PBS didn't even air Season Six at all until well after Seasons Seven and Eight were in reruns... not that it matters, Six turned out to be a terrible season anyway.
  15. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

So, yesterday's episode...I didn't like it. It felt weak. I'm not even sure if the first half even had a point. Don't rely on your friends to do your job? If you say you will do something you need to do it? I can understand Francine and Muffy skipping out, but it seems really out of character for Arthur.

The second half...it was meh. I get the point, but again, seems really out of character for Arthur. it would have made more sense if it was Muffy or Francine.

Anyway, today's episode is that Bailey is missing and Muffy gets Buster to help find him. Woop-de-doo
  16. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Well, I feel we already passed the best episode of the season, the Muffy's Classy Classics Club one. Muffy throwing a book into a fake fireplace will never get old.
  17. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Synopsis for today's new episode:

I'm pretty sure that was an episode of Hey Arnold!, was it not? Something involving Helga and Phoebe I believe, right? Like I think Helga's parents went on another one of their bragging sprees on Olga always winning things, so she wheedles Phoebe into letting her take her place at some kind of Scholars' Bowl-esque trivia competition so she can win a trophy and finally try to begin measuring up to Olga.
  18. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

It was also an episode of Spongebob
  19. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Don't care about SpongeBob.
  20. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I know, I was just pointing it out :p