1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Arthur - Where is the Show Going?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Oct 15, 2009.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

There's a conspiracy right there...

Both Noggin and Sprout started out playing older SST material (Noggin airing MUCH older), but not only did Noggin end up giving Sesame Workshop the shaft in general, Sprout apparently also only plays current seasons now.

Again, maybe it's just me, but I smell a conspiracy here.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

SW somehow doesn't give its own audience any credit. They think that the 2 and 3 year olds will be completely baffled by not seeing the same 40 episodes over and over.
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Hey, one of the ideas when conceiving the show was repetition so that children could learn things... :):p
  4. D'Snowth

Well actually, THAT is something that dates all the back to the golden era of television... why else do you think most Saturday Morning cartoons only lasted a season or two? Because even they figured out that kids like seeing the same thing over and over and over again (like how they insist on hearing the exact same bedtime story every night even though they've heard it a million times), that's why most Saturday Morning cartoons would have been produced for one or two seasons, but the networks would keep re-airing the seasons over and over again for years.
  5. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

That's a really good point. Though all this time I thought Saturday Morning cartoons lasting a few seasons had to do with lack of popularity.
  6. D'Snowth

Budget also plays a role in it too, at least with the case of almost all of Sid & Marty Kroffts' shows, they were always over-budget on their shows because the money the networks gave them didn't even begin to cover the costs to make all of those ellaborate and complicated puppets and sets and everything.
  7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Season 16 is on its way soon, and I want to mention something. This season, there's gonna be a new character appearing in one of the episodes named Ladonna Compson...and well, remember how D'Snowth was saying about how they seem to be making characters too human looking lately ? Well, they apparently took his advice, because a pic of Ladonna reveals that she is a bit too cartoonish...(at least in my opinion):

[​IMG]
  8. D'Snowth

She kind of looks the lovechild of Molly and the Nesquik Bunny.
  9. Drtooth

It's very sad for me to say this, but considering this is the way the show's been going I have to ask:

Okay... what's WRONG with her?

I found it out. She's not teaching kids about another disorder or disease or whatever... however, her episode debut is about her being a habitual liar making the episode a complete ripoff of the Fat Albert Episode "Lying," where a kid keeps telling not at all true stories.

Also, we're getting a new animation studio and production company that (and I know this) specializes in Flash animated programming. They're alright, but the last thing I want to see is Flash animated Arthur.
  10. D'Snowth

AND, is she going to be a new addition to the cast, or is she just a one-shot character? Because between all the background characters promoted to supporting fixtures (Fern, George, some of D.W.'s classmates, Pal and Kate), and new characters over the years (the Molinas, Binky's new little sister), Elwood City's getting a little overcrowded.
  11. Drtooth

Re-read my post... I edited a LOT of info on it.
  12. D'Snowth

That's the ever-persistent, yet rarely welcomed fact of life known as "progress".

They're probably looking for ways to cut costs making the show. Personally, this doesn't effect me even the least, I stopped watching new episodes maybe 2004 or 2005... I've tried giving new episodes a chance, but they're just terrible: the inconsistent voice actors, the tired writing, etc. I wouldn't be too awful sad if they ever ended the show, which I don't believe they're ever going to: it's now officially the second-longest running animated series on television, but it's well past its prime.
  13. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Yeah, and the first longest running animated series on television is suffering just as much
  14. D'Snowth

And I think most people are wanting it to end so badly, it's like every few years or so, rumors keep surfacing that, "Oh, it's FINALLY ended in the next two years".

It seems like a lot of people want Family Guy to end too.
  15. D'Snowth

Also, I've dabbled in Flash before, and it's going to be near impossible to animate the show in it's signature style in Flash: those outlines have to completely close what you're filling, otherwise, that's going to be a big problem.
  16. Sgt Floyd

So wait...they actually are going to be switching to flash?
  17. D'Snowth

I don't think there's a single cartoon out there that's even remotely drawn or animated by hand anymore. Next to this, I think Ed, Edd n Eddy was the last cartoon that was hand-drawn.

A lot of artists on the internet don't even draw by hand anymore, they either use tablets, or that Muro thing or whatever it's called.
  18. Sgt Floyd

But there is a difference between being inked digitally and animated in flash..

Phineas and Ferb is a hand drawn cartoon, but it is colored digitally
    Oscarfan likes this.
  19. D'Snowth

Sloopy Bloopy.
  20. Drtooth

It's going to severely hurt the look of the show. There's a lot of shows that are flash, but there's an awful lot that are just digitally colored and hand drawn animated (by Koreans, but still traditionally drawn). Curious George enjoys some very fluid digital traditional animation to sort of Ape the look of the movie (no pun intended). And that's also WGBH produced. Of course, George is also produced by Universal. Still... I wonder where Crappy Jar is in all of this.

To say the least...

[​IMG]
    I'm not happy.

Seth MacFarline wants to end it. No kidding. But Fox has dollar signs in their eyes. he even wrote a pretty sizable complaint that appears at the beginning of the third Star Wars parody episode.

But Arthur should have had ONE more season produced by Cookie Junk to end the series. I was never quite happy when 9 Story took over Cyberchase. And that show seems to have petered out on an unsatisfying ending, even though they set up some real show turning around stuff. They had a rival for Hacker and everything. That would have been awesome to finish the series off. Now all that's left is fan fics of what COULD have been.
    Oh man... here's the potential episodes, by the way...

Wow... they sound awful. The one about Francine being a web video... that's TOTALLY pilfered from an episode of Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends.