Ashanti, Tarantino Off to See Muppets in 'Oz'

Luke

Reaction score
Horace D' Fly said:
Nuff said. :grouchy:
Indeed! Welcome to the forum .... soon to be the Ashanti Fan Club ! :wink:

HappinessHotel

Reaction score
I'm hoping they don't try to put TOO much into this movie. It seems like the earlier movies: Muppet Movie, Muppet Caper, & Muppets Take Manhattan were a lot less 'busy'. I can envision 'Oz' turning out like 'Muppet Treasure Island', where there's too much going on and not enough plot. I hope that in the end it's a creative, funny movie that I'll want to watch over and over (like the original 3). I'm pulling for you Henson Productions!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
The Wiz???

You know what by the looks of it i dont even think they are folowing the book . It looks to me like they are doing this movie after the other WOO movie called the "Wiz". Rember that one with the one and only Mr Jackson.
I am very dissapoited in the selection of Dorthy. She is no Judy Garlen at all.

The only thing i am looking forward to is the fact they got the same Director and porducers and i can only hope and pray the same writeres And we still dont know who is going to be the wizard and i hope we really dont untill the movie comes out becaues if i find out its somone chessy like one of the olson twins or one or both the simpons sisters ill go nuts.

Please Brian Henson i really look up to you and i know you and the Director whos name i dont want to try and spell wrong. Save this movie please!!!!
I am as much as the next die heart muppet fan and im totaly for anything they solely do but when they get these stupid people involed i get really sad.
I really honestly would have hoped Piggy would have gotten Dorthey becaues i think in the last few movies Piggy has been low played. She really does need a good come back so to speak. I will always say Kermit and Piggy will be the two main Muppets, Not Gonzo and Rizzo.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Who Should Be the Wizard???

We haven't found out who's playing the wizard yet, have we?

Hmm...maybe if we look at the original film, we can figure it out. Let's see, the "Great and Powerful Oz" appeared to Dorothy and the others as a bald head that announced that he was Oz.

Now if you look at the illustrations in the older Oz books, Oz wears glasses.

So, in order to be approved by Muppet and Oz fans alike, we need to find someone who:

1. Is bald (or nearly bald)
2. Can wear glasses
3. Preferrably has worked with the Muppets before, and knows a thing or two about movies
4. Can convincingly announce "I am OZ" in a loud, clear voice

How 'bout this guy?

:stick_out_tongue:

Convincing John

Gideon

Reaction score
waldorf and statler have to be the wizard they're mysterious and funny just look at these pics I think bensen honey dew and beaker are too kind hearted to be the wizards but waldorf and statler can do nice evil and my favorite funny

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I am not against at all that Miss Piggy would play the role of Dorothy, and as a matter of fact I would PREFER it at this point! They can get someone else to play the Wicked Witch (I could see it as Brooke Shields' Muppety comeback since she's too old to play Dorothy). It was mentioned earlier at the "Gonzo the...um..." thread that Vickie Lawrence could play Auntie Em, and I could see that: Vickie as Em, Piggy as Dorothy, and just anybody for ol' Uncle Henry. I would LOVE to see Frank Oz as himself playing the Wizard. that would be THE MOST HILARIOUS thing anybody could do!

Movies205

Reaction score
First off anyone who compares this to the MGM movie, what are you thinking? This is not a remake of that movie so please no more... OMG it's not like this and she nothing like Judy Garland. You love that movie so much go watch it. Secondly give people a chance, there's reason why you all aren't in charge of this and aren't directors, she might of given an amazing performance at the audition or what not so who knows? Also Let's keep the flaming to a minimum :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Movies205 said:
First off anyone who compares this to the MGM movie, what are you thinking? This is not a remake of that movie so please no more... OMG it's not like this and she nothing like Judy Garland.
Too true. The only time they actually made a delliberate copy of the old movie was the 1992 cartoon version, which pretty much remained really faithful to the point that the voice actiors imitaded the movie satrs (Charlie Adler imitated Bert Larh for example).

Consider it this way... Frankenstien has been remade numerous times, and even still only a couple of times he was green and had bolts in his neck. It is possible to do the same story different ways. Of course they're not going to remake the MGM movie directly. Ashanti is not Judy Garland, but such a comparison is apples and broccolli (one furthur from Apples and oranges).

With that said, I think it will be a lot like MTI or MCC, with the Muppets playing second to actors (or in MCC's case, playing third and fourth).

So I doubt we'll see many old school characters, unless they play the Munchkins, or citizens of Emerald City (that is if they were indeed in the book... I never read it).

HappinessHotel

Reaction score
Miss Piggy - Evil Style

Fozzie Bear said:
I am not against at all that Miss Piggy would play the role of Dorothy, and as a matter of fact I would PREFER it at this point! They can get someone else to play the Wicked Witch (I could see it as Brooke Shields' Muppety comeback since she's too old to play Dorothy).

Hey guys, do you remember the Muppet Babies episode where they're doing their version of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs? In it, Skeeter plays Snow White and Miss Piggy plays the Evil Queen. :mad: That's one of my favorite episodes. Miss Piggy cracks me up as the 'bad guy'. I think her version of the Wicked Witch has the potential to be just as funny.