Ashanti, Tarantino Off to See Muppets in 'Oz'

Movies205

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
Im sorry but i think Piggy needs to be Dorthy. I think Piggy really showed her good side in GMC and in MTM there she was just trying so hard and really belived she was doing right and was so in love with Kermit that she would do anything it took to be with him. To me thats true love, I know that im not really familure with that kind of love, but i think Piggy really shows it for Kermit. Thats why i think she should be Dorthy, I know that dont make a lot of scens but im just saying we know what kind of Emotions Piggy has i say play on them more in this movie for the better not for the worse. The younger generation will grow to hate Piggy and i really dont want that.
I'm going say no :smile: I think the film-makers realize they have an awesome film-making tactic in there hands here. By making everyone in oz a puppet, they are clearly differenciating between the real world and oz, giving it more of a dream like quality.

McFraggle

Reaction score
I think Piggy is more of the Wicked Witch type. She likes attention, she hogs (no pun intended) the glory, etc. Piggy is definitely able to play the bad guy. However, I thought there were earlier rumors that she would play both the good (Glenda) and bad witches in the film.

Randlev

Reaction score
Movies205 said:
I'm going say no :smile: I think the film-makers realize they have an awesome film-making tactic in there hands here. By making everyone in oz a puppet, they are clearly differenciating between the real world and oz, giving it more of a dream like quality.
Amen, Go Henson! Go Disney! I'm not sure how many of us there are, but I'm really excited about the direction this project seems to be taking. It isn't at all like I imagined, but I love it nonetheless. Ashanti will make a great Dorothy, it'll be fantastic to have a song or two sung by her. Queen Latifah as Aunt Em, again, who'd have thought...but I really think she can go from being a kind of mean protective Aunt to a kind and loving friend over the course of the story.

I mean, if the muppets can pull off Whoopi as God, then I don't think there's a lot they can't do. Have faith, kids.

oh, and I hadn't thought of Mickey as the Wizard, it's so crazy it could actually work. Or Michael Eisner himself could have a wicked and ironic cameo as a man who tries to make the world think he's a lot more powerful and smarter than he actually is......but of course Frank Oz is my number one pick. I can't wait for next spring!

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Gees, Frank Oz is such an obvious surprise cameo that they have to use that as an inside joke. I mean it's just so perfect!

Either way, I'm now pretty curious about who the Wizard is going to be. Don't know if I need to be, but I am for some reason.

Luke

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
You know who i think who the wizard is going to be though and it just hit me when i worte "a good friend to the muppets" is Mickey Mouse!!!!!! It would make almost perfect sence to say hey now we are together for good. I know that somewhere in the movie somthing about the Deal with Disney is going to be mentioned. :smile: :stick_out_tongue:
No chance! It's pretty obvious they intend to keep Mickey and the Muppets as far apart as possible. You have to remember the Muppets are being run as a completely different and seperate franchise that just happens to be owned by a subsidary of the Disney Company rather than them being part of the regular Disney stable of characters and owned by the Disney Company itself. They aren't really "together" at all.

Luke

Reaction score
Randlev said:
I mean, if the muppets can pull off Whoopi as God, then I don't think there's a lot they can't do.
I didn't think they did actually "pull off" Whoopi as God. She was awful.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Luke said:
I didn't think they did actually "pull off" Whoopi as God. She was awful.
Really? I thoroughly enjoyed Whoopi as God. I don't know why, but I thought it was irreverent and reverent at the same time.

Luke

Reaction score
I didn't hate the choice of her as God and indeed it was irreverant and reverant, just her bits (in my opinion) were badly written, went on too long and were a bit dragged out. Those bits were boring to me, i fast forward them. Her role could have been a lot funnier and it was a shame she didn't get any interaction with the Muppets - if anything i would have cast her as the angel with Kermit and just had God as a booming voice seen from over the shoulder or something

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ok Ok so Mickey was a far way left field guses. two things i hope one its not a muppet and Two i hope its not Jesica Simpson. Now If it was the Electece Mayhem that would be ok becaues i think they need more sopt light.

I also need to apoolgiese for the whole Piggy arugument i think that sence she is playing all 4 witches that she will be doing a realy good justice to the movie. so im sorry if i hurt anyone with my angure.

The other thing that is bothering me is we have so many muppets un creadited like Sal Johnny Rowlf Anamal and other ones that just in the last movies have had preety big roles. I also wish that Pepe was not toto big mis casting there, i think Bill Bereta is ready to do Rowlf full time and for a lot of secnes with more then one word in them. Of corues i know that it might be a hard voice for him to do at this time i just think he should at least try.

The Uncle i think should be Mark Curry from "Hangin with Mr. Copper" He is so funny and i think would be a good uncle figure. Im not sure if he still has a good standing with ABC or not his show was one of the frist shows with TGIF and it was one of the only ones that stayed with ABC to finesh out.
Another old TGIF show that stayed with TGIF was Boy meets World and i love that show as well so anyone from it could in my book join the cast for this movie and help it for the better.

Another thing is im so so so Glad they are using the JHC staff i was scared when Disney bought the Muppets that they would not be using the JHC staff but they are and im really pleased. The director seems like a really cool guy and is edgy wich is good. Pluse Touchstone is helping not Disney but a devieson of Disney.

Oh yea What about Keven Clash do you think he will be a part of this movie or not and if so do you think Clifford will be in it he was not in the last one but keven did do Sam the Egeal. So that will be intresting to see as well.