Ashanti, Tarantino Off to See Muppets in 'Oz'

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I think Bean would make a wonderful "Great and Powerful OZ!" Not the man behind the curtain, of course, but the really intimidating green floating head. How great would it be if he were a cuddly little bunny?

:big_grin:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
No way, i think Anamial would be good there becaues out of all the classic muppets him and sweetmus are the scaryest muppets i can think of.

Also i wonder if anyone has heard if Jerry Nelson is going to be doing anything for this movie. My Guses would be he would be doing like he did in the last one and just dube over the voicees. which if they would sound like they are supose to i would not have a problem with it at all.

I really cant wait to see the whole cast list yet, not so much of the human but of the muppets. when i see that i will shut up untill May of 2005. :smile: :halo: :crazy:

HappinessHotel

Reaction score
BoyRaisin2 said:
Gees, Frank Oz is such an obvious surprise cameo that they have to use that as an inside joke. I mean it's just so perfect!
I agree that would be a funny inside joke. But that's the problem -- it's an inside joke. For the large percentage of viewers, they won't recognize Frank Oz. I think it would only be funny for the diehards (like us) that will recognize Frank Oz, immediately know his name, and understand his history with the Muppets.

I'd like to see a well-established comedic actor in the role -- Martin Short, Steve Martin, etc. (That would be awesome if they could get someone of that magnitude.)

beaker

Reaction score
HappinessHotel said:
I agree that would be a funny inside joke. But that's the problem -- it's an inside joke. For the large percentage of viewers, they won't recognize Frank Oz. I think it would only be funny for the diehards (like us) that will recognize Frank Oz, immediately know his name, and understand his history with the Muppets.

I'd like to see a well-established comedic actor in the role -- Martin Short, Steve Martin, etc. (That would be awesome if they could get someone of that magnitude.)

Well speaking of nods to us die hards, without starting a new thread on the subject...do ya think we will see a lot of nods to longtime/hardcore Muppet fans? And what stuff would ya like to see? Two words for me: Obscure Cameos. Digit anyone?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
LOL!!!!!!!! Digit would be awesome in the wizared of Oz. I'm really hoping that this movie is kind of a big comeback for some of my favorite Muppets that need a comeback. I think i know another muppet role. i bet that the Sweetish chef will be the cook of the diner in the real world. Im just really corious how all this is going to play out. It still has got my brain just spinning.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
No way, i think Anamial would be good there becaues out of all the classic muppets him and sweetmus are the scaryest muppets i can think of.

Also i wonder if anyone has heard if Jerry Nelson is going to be doing anything for this movie. My Guses would be he would be doing like he did in the last one and just dube over the voicees. which if they would sound like they are supose to i would not have a problem with it at all.

I really cant wait to see the whole cast list yet, not so much of the human but of the muppets. when i see that i will shut up untill May of 2005. :smile: :halo: :crazy:
I don't think Jerry will be doing anything for this movie...there was auditions to recast his characters.

leliebel

Reaction score
Rowlf's Roadie said:
1) Marilyn Manson and Eminem with the Muppets. You're kidding, right? Sorry, but Alice Cooper is as "out there" as the Muppets will get as long as I'm a fan.

2) I can't wait to see Miss Piggy's reaction to bursting into flames.

3) According to IMDb, Ashanti's in two films to be released this year. We'll see how she does there.

1) I personally loved the Eminem and Special ad sketch at the VMA's last year or two years ago.
In character I imagine MArilyn Manson very scared of muppets (maybe he can be the only one to notice they're puppets) ans as long as it's not live, Manson has no choice but to behave himself :wink:
Out of character, it would be funny for him to do a cameo, because NOBODY will recognize him and he has acted before...

2) I can hear her in my head already :big_grin: (hmmm that came out wrong, you know what I mean)

3) She has also been on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. The last season, the episode was called "First date" I think. I didn't think she played evil exceedingly well, but the nice parts were good.

huh, playing evil is a gift not many have :stick_out_tongue:

Piggy is probably going to pull it of...

But in terms of puppeteers I'm going to wait and see; I'm not completely sure about the new Piggy, but that could be because I haven't seen much of her (uh.. him).

But than again, it's hard to top Frank OZ.

Is he involvwed in any way in this project? I could have read over it, but I didn't think it mentioned his name.

Beauregard

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
I don't think Jerry will be doing anything for this movie...there was auditions to recast his characters.
*sniff*

Boo-hoo

leliebel

Reaction score
HappinessHotel said:

I think you need different kinds of jokes to have a good script. It makes it more layered.

Not everyone has to get every single joke.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
I think that Frank Oz would be good as the Wizard of Oz. But better than that... OZZY OSBOURNE!!!! The Wizard of Ozzy! How funny would that be? :smile: :big_grin: