Ashanti, Tarantino Off to See Muppets in 'Oz'

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
HappinessHotel said:
Hey guys, do you remember the Muppet Babies episode where they're doing their version of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs? In it, Skeeter plays Snow White and Miss Piggy plays the Evil Queen. :mad: That's one of my favorite episodes. Miss Piggy cracks me up as the 'bad guy'. I think her version of the Wicked Witch has the potential to be just as funny.
Muppet Babies is a lot different that ACTUAL Muppets! But since that seems to be your frame of reference, I agree that Piggy would be a good witch. I can't see her as Dorothy...they need a human in that role.

Drtooth

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
Muppet Babies is a lot different that ACTUAL Muppets! But since that seems to be your frame of reference, I agree that Piggy would be a good witch. I can't see her as Dorothy...they need a human in that role.

It's kinda funny, though... Ken Lilly (A while ago on the Palisades board) pretty much predicted that the Muppets would be in OZ, and Dorothy and the rest of the dreary Kansas scene would be humans. makes sense if you think about it.

Plus Miss Piggy taking on 4 different parts... this should be interresting...

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
It's kinda funny, though... Ken Lilly (A while ago on the Palisades board) pretty much predicted that the Muppets would be in OZ, and Dorothy and the rest of the dreary Kansas scene would be humans. makes sense if you think about it.

Plus Miss Piggy taking on 4 different parts... this should be interresting...
So you think that there will be no Muppets in the movie until she gets ot Oz?

HappinessHotel

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
Muppet Babies is a lot different than ACTUAL Muppets! But since that seems to be your frame of reference, I agree that Piggy would be a good witch. I can't see her as Dorothy...they need a human in that role.

Wocka, brains aren't everything. In fact, in your case they're nothing. :stick_out_tongue: Muppet Babies aren't actual Muppets? You've cracked the case! Thanks for clearing that up.

I mentioned the Muppet Babies' episode, because I thought someone at Henson could be reading these boards and use that as a 'frame of reference' when filming Piggy's scenes.

Does anyone know if people at Henson read these boards?

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
HappinessHotel said:
Wocka, brains aren't everything. In fact, in your case they're nothing. :stick_out_tongue: Muppet Babies aren't actual Muppets? You've cracked the case! Thanks for clearing that up.

I mentioned the Muppet Babies' episode, because I thought someone at Henson could be reading these boards and use that as a 'frame of reference' when filming Piggy's scenes.

Does anyone know if people at Henson read these boards?

I heard sometimes they read these to get a sense of what the fans think. Maybe they're reading this right now! :embarrassed:

Gideon

Reaction score
may i mention the one where piggy played piggerella and skeeter, scooter, and nannie played the evil family and animal actually tried the shoe so miss piggy can play good but how ever being a selfish pig who overobsses with a frog is different

beaker

Reaction score
WOCKA2416 said:
So you think that there will be no Muppets in the movie until she gets ot Oz?
Well, given Elmo In Grouchland, Muppets In Space, etc all partially took place in the real world...I don't see why they have to wait til Oz to put Muppets in it.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Im sorry but i think Piggy needs to be Dorthy. I think Piggy really showed her good side in GMC and in MTM there she was just trying so hard and really belived she was doing right and was so in love with Kermit that she would do anything it took to be with him. To me thats true love, I know that im not really familure with that kind of love, but i think Piggy really shows it for Kermit. Thats why i think she should be Dorthy, I know that dont make a lot of scens but im just saying we know what kind of Emotions Piggy has i say play on them more in this movie for the better not for the worse. The younger generation will grow to hate Piggy and i really dont want that.

Now as to the part of us not being the Directors and such, Shut Up!!!!!!
Your just mad because we just might be right. I at least get somone who really meshes well with the muppets and is close to them already. I almost would want to see David Arquette in the movie. He has become a true good friend to the muppets.

You know who i think who the wizard is going to be though and it just hit me when i worte "a good friend to the muppets" is Mickey Mouse!!!!!! It would make almost perfect sence to say hey now we are together for good. I know that somewhere in the movie somthing about the Deal with Disney is going to be mentioned. :smile: :stick_out_tongue:

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
That reminds me. I wonder if Michael Eisner will introduce the film. If so, this could be the first time we've seen Eisner and the Muppets side-by-side in 15 years.

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
dwayne1115 said:
Now as to the part of us not being the Directors and such, Shut Up!!!!!!
Your just mad because we just might be right.
I suggest you calm down and take your own advice (regarding the "Shut Up!!!!!!"). You look like you're throwing a temper tantrum.

Movies205 has a very valid point, one that has been raised in somewhat similar situations. You can speak your opinion all you want, but the very bottom line is that we the fans do not get the final say in things. Our views may be taken into account, but it's the people in charge that decide things. Judging from that article the cast for the movie, humans and Muppets alike, has already been decided upon for the most part. Nothing short of some of the mishaps that plagued the MGM film version would get them to change it.

-Kim