Ask Ken at Palisades

Luke

Reaction score
Re: Luke

Originally posted by Zack the Dog

Luke but what about Pigs in space? there you will get all three in a Pigs in Space suit in the same line(link, pork, and piggy), Which of coures is only perfect and should not be changed, i think they should look how they did on the show.

Zack)Rowlf the, who thought what they wore on the show were nurse outfits and doesn't know the diffrence between scrubs and nurse outfits...Dog.

That is a great, no - SUPERB point there Zack and i completely yeild to you on that one. Maybe it is ok for lots of figures to be wearing the same outfit - what do others think ? Personally i don't think it's a good idea in any line because people might not want to buy the playset the figures are based around and it might turn them off collecting the line, but then, if you didn't have all the figures then what would be the point of the playset ? Hmmmmm - it's a catch 22 situation !

I guess with the Hospital playset there is the choice of having characters in either nurses uniform or scrubs (like a surgeons mask and gown), but with Pigs in Space there isn't really any other possible alternative.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I sort of disagree with the PIS reference, because although the outfits are similar they are not identical. Link has a cape and peplum, Julius has no peplum and his thingies that normally go on top if the shoulders go around his arms, and Piggy has a skirt. It's a valid point, but there is enough of a difference...we ain't talking TNG here. But the scrubs are all three exactly the same.

Personally, I love the idea of a real Nurses outfit for the girls, but I am into Nurse's outfits. Not ME in them, I mean, well, I just LIKE THEM OK!!?!? It makes it a bit different. But there will be the "NO IT MUST BE LIKE THE SHOW YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST BE AUTHENTIC OR I AM GOING TO NOT LIKE IT" camp and the "HEY THE LAB SET WAS PRETTY COOL AND IT DEVIATED FROM THE SHOW I GUESS SOME DEVIATION IS ACTUALLY OK" camp. Never the twain shall meet I am afraid.

Regarding Dave's questions. Sam is the newer look (suprised?), I am aware of the pay phone but may or may not put it in, and I have no idea why EB allocated their figures that way. Their call...not ours.

Ken

Foreignman

Reaction score
I'm glad you like the idea, no it didn't come from the show, it came straight from the insane muppetized brain of Ben Greene. Do you think you could actually use the idea as the cover of the box? It would be amazing to see my idea turned into a mass-marketed accessory for the Rizzo figure of my new favorite line of action figures!

Jimbo504

Reaction score
Hey Ken,
Are there going to be any Lab playsets at the Palisades booth at WW Chicago? That would be so sweet. If so, how much will they cost?

BAZ

Reaction score
Scrubs vs Nurse uniforms

Anyway we can get both? Scrubs are nothing real elborate. How about some green cloth scrub outfits that fit over the uniforms? Changeable hats shouldn't be a problem. Removable surgical mask should be easy also. In fact if you make that cloth also, it can be wore as mask or left loose.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
EUREKA!!!!!

THAT IS IT!!!

Absolutely perfect solution. DO both figures in nurse's outfits. And then as accessories, they have scrubs. But not fabric ones. Maybe PVC soft ones that fit over their bodies so they look good when posed in the playset. At that scale the factory would seriously mess up the fabric and cut and sew, but a thin PVC outer "shell" of PVC scrubs would be PHENOMENALLY COOL!

That's it...I quit. Baz, you can use my desk tomorrow.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Foreignman...sorry I missed yours. I have no idea if we could do that or not...question though. What was Rizzo dressed like in Muppets From Space and what kind of stuff did he have in that movie? Sadly that is the one Muppet movie I have never seen.

radionate

Reaction score
I think Ken's had a little too much coffee today. That post seemed a little tweeked out to me.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Ken,

I think i suggested that in the Old forum too.

So we wuldnt need new figures, Just the Vest Hospital Nurse Uniforms.

See ya

Foreignman

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Foreignman...sorry I missed yours. I have no idea if we could do that or not...question though. What was Rizzo dressed like in Muppets From Space and what kind of stuff did he have in that movie? Sadly that is the one Muppet movie I have never seen.
What I really meant, was, if you could use it, would this be your choice for the design of the box, or do you have different plans? In terms of Rizzo in Muppets from Space, he has his same basic look, here are two pics from Muppest from Space:

Pic 1

Pic 2