Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
I wasn't steamed at all...just having some fun. Or, it could be like the old Three Stooges skit with Niagra Falls....

Peg Warmer?....Sloooooowllllllly I turned...

matleo

Reaction score
Hey ken,

first some answers then soem questions.
you asked about Rizzo in MFS. he wore a yellow baseball cap, white t-shirt and red baseball jacket. Props from the movie. Ughhh. I dunno my brain's locked-up...the play cards at one point, he has a plate of bologna, a hammock, uh...I dunno my brain's locked-up. others may have things I'm not thinking of. someone had an idea for Stat and Waldo that may work for Rizzo. What about a playbill for the Muppet Show to go with him?

now some questions...

can you tell us the number of points of articualtion on the following guys...

Lew Zealand
Chef
Superhero Scooter
Sam
Janice
Link
Strangepork
Statler
Waldorf

You had a bunch of accessories listed as going with Scooter including "portable radio, "To Go" drink tray with two removable soda pop cups with straws, Chinese take-out box, megaphone and clipboard" Are those still in?

finally, do you have a list of semi-finalized accessories for Series 4?

--Matt

uncleduke

Reaction score
Simpsons (Some Of Us Like Both, Ya Know)

This is a completely different ASK KEN question:

"Ken I was looking at the advert for the upcoming TOYFARE mag... it advetises the next issue as featuring Playmate's figure of "Bart's Evil Twin Hugo" on the cover, and it also plugs an article about the upcoming WOS Celebrity line, and shows a pic of the Simpsonized Stan Lee!

Also I talked to my eighbor-nay, and he will save me (or you since I don't need it) the Ar-Wars-stay Igure-fay from TRU if you need one. (I tried to put that in secret code, hope it worked)

Joe

Reaction score
:smile: with Miss Piggy peaking around every corner around here, Pig Latin probably wasn't the best choice :stick_out_tongue:

I like the nurses uniforms with scrubs that go over idea, that way everyone will be happy. :smile: it might be good to have one come out one series before the series with the second figure (and the hospital playset) to spread out the "nurses" a little. I don't however think the same should apply for Statler and Waldorf, since you just can't have one without the other.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Rizzo in MFS

Rizzo gets incarcerated in a lab-- as a lab rat. He does time in the maze (with a flag-- the old bicycle pendent kind, remember? they were on long white sticks on the backs of bikes?). He is tormented by a large slice of cheese and some poison. Rizzo and the other rats break out and go to rescue Gonzo, in the process they torment Dr. Phil and I think there are some medical instruments involved in that. As said earlier, he sleeps in a hammock. He and Pepe manipulate Gonzo into building them a hot tub. He and Pepe hang out in the hot tub with fancy tropical drinks.

Hope that helps.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
uncleduke -

I must say that you may have gotten the wrong impression from my listing for series 6, but it is listed as not all confirmed and very tentative at that. I am planning to work more closely with Ken to get this more accurate. Some of these specs come from the old MC board. Just wanted to clear that up. Sorry for any confusion. :smile:

Ken-

Great idea about the scrubs! If their's ever a problem I could definitely go with Piggy in the traditional outfit and Janice in the scrubs. Got to make sure they get some other pack-ins too. LOL! I know it's hard to skate the line between purist and creativity. Personally I think a line that takes no creative license would be quite boring. Just because this line celebrates the 25th anniversary of The Muppet Show doesn't mean you have to clone these guys and I for one am glad you do think a little differently.:smile:

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
uncleduke -

I must say that you may have gotten the wrong impression from my listing for series 6, but it is listed as not all confirmed and very tentative at that. I am planning to work more closely with Ken to get this more accurate. Some of these specs come from the old MC board. Just wanted to clear that up. Sorry for any confusion. :smile:

Actually I used King Prawns fantasy post for the future series. The more I saw and discussed it, I seemed to forget it was a fantasy, not the actual Ken Approved series.

I just got a bit distracted. The wife is back at her parents for a visit, so I am trying to work from home, and be Mr. Mom at the same time. This is, for the time being my sole distraction, and contact will 'adults'. :wink:
I will be more mindfull of my posts.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think a more accurate list is coming in the future.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Articulation Request: (number of points), if there is a range it is because I am working on a joint or two that may be cut in the final toy.

Lew Zealand: 12-14
Chef: 10-12
Superhero Scooter: 12-16
Sam: 7
Janice: 8
Link: 14-18
Strangepork: 14-18
Statler: 12-14
Waldorf: 12-14

You had a bunch of accessories listed as going with Scooter including "portable radio, "To Go" drink tray with two removable soda pop cups with straws, Chinese take-out box, megaphone and clipboard" Are those still in?

SO far yes.

finally, do you have a list of semi-finalized accessories for Series 4?

Sam-Podium, Broadcast Standards Book
Janice-Hat, Guitar, Guitar Case, Music Stand
Strangepork-MAMMA, SwineTrek Lunchbox, Ray Gun
Link Hogthrob-SwineTrek Model, Ray Gun, "Starhog" Magazine

matleo

Reaction score
Ken Thanks Ken.

frogboy Yes, Annika and I are working on a more complete list of stuff now. Annika is collecting some info that missed over the next few days and I have a pretty thorough report (aka "the list") that I'll be sending it to Phil and Annika probably this afternoon (or now, whichever comes first). It was really cool cause last night my wife actually asked me about one of the figures and I was able to just pull up the info she wanted without having to search 1300+ posts to find it. There's a lot of stuff we know but we don't know it cause it's buried somewhere in this thread. Last week alone this thread received 200+ posts. but yeah, it's being worked on. Way cool!

--Matt