Ask Ken at Palisades

Smig

Reaction score
How about a San Diego Beaker? Maybe a repaint of his lab-coat in a california cool=type color pattern (almost like a hawaiin shirt) or maybe just print the San Diego logo on Beaker's back. that way you won't have to quick-make an entire new figure...

Just trying to help..

Smig

Rufus

Reaction score
I kinda figured that with the facial expressions, as I believe you talked about that when people were asking for a scrunched up Kermit face.

But it's nice to know you've already had that idea (closed mouth Kermit) and are trying for it!

- R -

Joe

Reaction score
Originally posted by Smig
How about a San Diego Beaker? Maybe a repaint of his lab-coat in a california cool=type color pattern (almost like a hawaiin shirt) or maybe just print the San Diego logo on Beaker's back. that way you won't have to quick-make an entire new figure...

Just trying to help..

Smig
I think that would be overdoing beaker a little (it would make the total four) not that I would mind or anything though :smile:

what if you rushed on (not sure when San Diego show is) one of the upcoming series figures and sold it at the show before it reached stores? that way they'd have something exclusive for a while (or you could stick a "Pre-release" sticker on the package, and they'll probably end up selling for $80.00 on eBay... :stick_out_tongue: )

dr. gorry

Reaction score
now,some questions ans suggestions

questions
1.you said statler had an opening mouth,how are you going to prevent the beaker trademark falling off jaw effect?
2.say the san diego animal did get cancelled.who are some of the contenders for backups?i have to know because i'm getting whoever it is for a birthday present for pete's sake!
3.what are all the accessories for the stage?
4.why did you want me to tell mike the eagels suck?

suggestions and/or comments

1.i love the display at the chicago con,only i didn't see all the accessories,like a painted gonzo's cannon or floyd's repainted guitar.
2.i think the silver series 2 bases were awesome too.

and now various tidbits about my figures.
1.my little brother has currently
lost kermit's mug 6 times,pulled off robo-bunnies feet 7 times,broke a peg on each of my piggy's mirrors,said "howcome bunsens glasses are attached?in muppets from space he takes em off and looks like this." and then rips his galsses off,ruined my display 10 times,and grabbed dr.teeth ripped his hat off and chanted he's bald,he's bald 3 times.cool little bro ain't he?

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Ken,

I figured Beaker would sell out quickly. I bet you guys could have moved 5,000 of him at that show.

Thanks for answering my question. I'm glad it's going to be the same packaging. No packaging variation saves me from my completist sydrome. :wink:

So, I'm assuming that the collectors club allotment isn't coming out of the ChiTown lot? That you guys are making another batch for us? It just seems like there are too many collectors club members after figures (even if everyone only wanted one) here to leave you with a reasonable amount for the show. Is that how you're going to be able to get us the same figure at the same price (which is awesome by the way, thanks so much Palisades! YOU ROCK!), because you won't have to fedex in the next batch for us, and the cost saved there will offset the cost of paying folks to process our orders?

Hey, by the way, how did the last minute correction of the fully invisible Beaker for the industry giveaway go? Did they get them to you guys in time?

.......a message from muppetlabs

yunluck

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Yunluck, I think that Luke was just joking, and while it might seem to you like a racist response, I do not believe it is. It is human nature to poke fun at something, and in this case, if you re-read Luke's post, he was poking fun at the language barrier that occurs between our two nations, not at Chinese people or culture. I laughed because his description at how conversations can be misunderstood was very accurate.

So I hope you can understand...it was meant in fun, not racism.
I read the post again, and ask my friend who teach me English to read with me, and make sure my understanding is correct.
To be more clear he make the joke that the chinese people only work in the noodle house, and eat rowlph dog. I think he does not make the joke of the French men eat kermits legs or the american fry miss piggy. He also make the joke of the chineses speaking poor english (wong got it wong). I think these statement is what give me the bad motion.
maybe I do not understand his meaning clear.
I thank residentlilly & FellowWLover & bw0000 & frogboy4 for their careness.

MaxGoof

Reaction score
Kenn: I agree that if you can't re-tool Animal in time, the best thing to do may be a "Sneak Preview" pre-release figure. Fans in San Diego would likely go BONKERS for a chance to have Rowlf or Skooter months early... and if not them, than even a regular Animal... the attendees will understand, and as long as they get something a little special or early, they'll go home happy...

Oh, and if you don't like that idea: you could always stick a regular short-haired Piggy in a lunchbox, and be amazed as it sells on eBay for $150+. :big_grin:

SuperGrover

Reaction score
Hi, Ken--

The photos of the figures from Chicago look super! Just one thing; Please tell me Animal's nose will be red instead of orange?

Guten Tag, Yunluck--

I don't understand Luke either. But to not understand him is to love him. ...I think. Ich liebe Luke! I'm not sure I understand myself right now. But I don't think he offends me any more than the Swedish Chef offends Sweden.

All I know is that you can be glad you never had to know of his German jokes about the land of large sausages. Ever since that one, frying up a little Miss Piggy was never quite the same for this American. :cool:

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey,

I like the Floyd repaint, Its mor subtle than the outstanding Dr. Teeth reapint (not that i dont love it!).

About the Koozebain Playset, The *only* reason i wouldnt want it is if it prevented anything like the Backstage areas or the Stage from coming out.

See ya

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
MM-III
This might seem like a dumb question but could you "fire" your factory?

Believe me, if I could do that I would. But, like you said, they are all like that. Every one I have ever worked with has messed something up, and usually more than once. At ReSaurus I was handling a Crash Bandicoot line and there was a 50% breakage rate on the figures, because somehow the product I approved did not end up on the shelf. Moved to a different factory. Said factory messed up on a few things for other lines.

There were other lines at ReSaurus that also had their issues. When I first got to Palisades, they were getting royally rooked by a factory they were using, stuff was months late, QC issues, all that. Moved to a new factory, which proceeded to ship late, have QC problems and they screwed up the 35th Anniversary Star Trek set so badly that we could not put it out. Any of you that bought the Final Fantasy figs or ResDogs would know of the issues on the body that yet another factory screwed up. This year it was a new factory and it resulted in Beaker getting destroyed, Series 1 having problems of shipping on time and a few minor break issues but they still happened, the Invisible Beaker mistake and now Animal. And yet, for the most part the quality on Series One was great, and Series 2 is also looking really good. They are doing a great job on YWASC and Micronauts too.

Every company has manufacturing issues, and no factory is perfect. There are also cost issues involved, some factories are better overall. This factory is actually pretty good in my opinion as far as quality and delivery. The basic problems are with communication and organization. The main contact over there is aware though that they are on probation as of right now...and yes the next time I go I am meeting with a few new places. There is one factory I have worked with before that I have always wanted to work with again, they do good work and problems, while they do occur, are fairly minor.. They are also expensive as all get out.

Smig
How about a San Diego Beaker? Maybe a repaint of his lab-coat in a california cool-type color pattern (almost like a hawaiin shirt) or maybe just print the San Diego logo on Beaker's back.

Not a bad suggestion...but that may be an oversaturation of the little guy.

1.you said statler had an opening mouth,how are you going to prevent the beaker trademark falling off jaw effect?

Very carefully. Inner pins most likely.

2.say the san diego animal did get cancelled.who are some of the contenders for backups?i have to know because i'm getting whoever it is for a birthday present for pete's sake!

Right now the major contender's are:
1. Crash Helmet Gonzo. Make him a show exclusive since EB has not actually turned in a PO on the exclusive yet. Just the Gonzo fig with the helmet, probably in a small box, no cannon. Why? Cause it costs an arm and a leg to ship those blisters via air freight...that's why Beaker came in a smaller box.
2. Floyd repaint, possibly in an Electric Mayhem lunchbox.
3. Invisible Fozzie. Warrick and I were talking about clear stuff and he brought up the fact that Fozzie turned invisible in an episode, where his hands were NOT invisible cause he washed them. Could be interesting.
4. Animal Repaint. This would use the existing figure with a different paint job. I'm not thrilled with this one because it ain;t as cool as the Black T one and then I am not sure if it would grossly affect playset sales.

3.what are all the accessories for the stage?

I have no idea. Too far out to be on my radar yet.

4.why did you want me to tell mike the eagels suck?

Cause he is a huge Eagles fan. He would have hesitated for a moment, then realized why you said it, figured I put you up to it and thought it was funny. He probably would have then said to you to tell me that I had nice hair or something since I am going bald. It's a "friendly barb" type thing. Don't worry, I know Mike well enough to know you wouldn't have gotten in trouble. He woudl have laughed.

1.i love the display at the chicago con,only i didn't see all the accessories,like a painted gonzo's cannon or floyd's repainted guitar.

They are all at the factory (probably being lost as we speak since this week they lost the rubber chicken and funny glasses paint master). Didn't have extras painted for the show.

2.i think the silver series 2 bases were awesome too.

Those were just for the show. All I had was silver spray paint in my office and I had to quickly rig up some bases. But here's a question...would you all want the same logo base for Series 2 or a new silver base for Series 2?

So, I'm assuming that the collectors club allotment isn't coming out of the ChiTown lot? That you guys are making another batch for us?

You are correct sir.

Hey, by the way, how did the last minute correction of the fully invisible Beaker for the industry giveaway go? Did they get them to you guys in time?

I will know in about 6 hours.

yunluck
I read the post again, and ask my friend who teach me English to read with me, and make sure my understanding is correct.
To be more clear he make the joke that the chinese people only work in the noodle house, and eat rowlph dog. I think he does not make the joke of the French men eat kermits legs or the american fry miss piggy. He also make the joke of the chineses speaking poor english (wong got it wong). I think these statement is what give me the bad motion.
maybe I do not understand his meaning clear.

I think that maybe it is just a matter of how much you know a person. The people that know Luke know he was just kidding around. It's like me and a good friend in Hong Kong I have. Love the guy, and he and I make fun of each other all the time. He says something about taking me to get some fried food or pokes fun at the fact that a lot of Americans are fat and lazy or makes fun of our goofy President. I tell him something like if I am meeting him somewhere how in the heck will I find him since you all look alike? Or when we are walking through streets in China and we see a dog I might turn to him and say...Hey you gettin' hungry? Stuff like that. But since we have the relationship as friends we know it is meant in fun. I believe that is how Luke meant it too.

MaxGoof Kenn: I agree that if you can't re-tool Animal in time, the best thing to do may be a "Sneak Preview" pre-release figure. Fans in San Diego would likely go BONKERS for a chance to have Rowlf or Skooter months early... and if not them, than even a regular Animal... the attendees will understand, and as long as they get something a little special or early, they'll go home happy...

Rowlf and Scooter aren't far enough along yet. Good suggestion though. I hope to have some preview sets of Series 2 for sale.

Whew...

Ken