Ask Ken at Palisades

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
grail
i care! actually, i was curious and meant to ask, are you going to have the updated Micronauts figures? or still just the retro line? and btw, what actually happened with the RE figures that pushed them back so far? it was my understanding that they should have been out by now. i think i remember Mike saying something about the sheer size and detail making things go a little slower than you expected, but i don't have that transcript with me to check that...

Not sure what you mean by retro or updated...but the Series One figs are all reproductions of the classic figs. No newly designed stuff. We'll show any of that at Toy Fair 2003.

RE got pushed back for three reasons. One...they are complicated. Tyrant has a thing on his face that connects to the exposed heart. I wanted the head to move, so we have been working out a thing that allows one of the heart "veins" to pull out and allow head movement while still allowing it to be all one connected piece. That and William G-4 is a huge fig, really heavy, that required a lot of debug. Two, approval times have slowed to a crawl on this line. That's what happens I guess when you are a lame duck licensee. Three, sales. Numbers have been a struggle on the horror stuff, so we pushed it back to try to get the numbers up a bit.

(BTW, 10 points to the first person who names where my "signature line" is from)

Oh that's from something? I thought it was another bald joke...:frown:

colonel_ives

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
This kind of crap is so maddening, and embarrassing. Did you get the stuff off? If not, we'll replace it. Send it in to me at the office so I can add it to my list of stuff I am kicking butt over when I go out there.

Thanks for the offer, but it came off really easy. I just used a little trick my mom taught me called water. :big_grin: Then just to be on the safe side I wiped it down with a little rubbing alcohol. I still don't think I'll ever be able to look at him the same though.:rolleyes:
Thanks again for the reply!

colonel_ives

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail

(BTW, 10 points to the first person who names where my "signature line" is from)
Is it from Mystery Science Theater 3000 the movie?

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Oh that's from something? I thought it was another bald joke...:frown:
oops...i didn't even think of that. no, it's a line from a movie...the same movie that gave us "then I'll ram my ovapositor down your throat, and lay my eggs in your chest...but I'm not an alien..."

sorry, man...

(BTW, by updated and retro i did mean the different lines of Micronauts. in that interview i did with Mike (which is sitting in Marcus's email waiting to go up right now) he said that there would be the remakes of the originals, and then some updated redesigns...Jeff's mentioned them a few times over on figures.com too)

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by colonel_ives

Is it from Mystery Science Theater 3000 the movie?
DING DING DING!!

we have a winner! you get 10 points, redeemable for...NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! STUPID! YOU'RE SO STUPID!

okay, sorry...i have too many movie quotes floating around in my head...and i'm bored...that last bit was a quote too, i promise i'm not being mean!

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
we have a winner! you get 10 points, redeemable for...NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! STUPID! YOU'RE SO STUPID!
Huh? What, did he want a red snapper or something?

colonel_ives

Reaction score

DING DING DING!!

okay, sorry...i have too many movie quotes floating around in my head...and i'm bored...that last bit was a quote too, i promise i'm not being mean!
That's quite alright...UHF right? But still, I was hoping to get something better than that! Maybe if I keep getting them right I'll earn enough points for a coveted movie geek award!:wink:

ZootandDingo

Reaction score
Re: Re: workin' them toy makers too hard

Originally posted by uncleduke
Bloody Beakers!
Like we don't have enough Beaker variants to look for on eBay!

Ken, did the size comparison chart that Henson gave you take into account Rizzo and Pepe's on-camera "cheating," or were they straight in-scale comparisons? I'm just wondering because I like that kind of licensing stuff. :smile:

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: workin' them toy makers too hard

Originally posted by ZootandDingo

Like we don't have enough Beaker variants to look for on eBay!

BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Greetings, it is I, the Count.

I just want to say that I picked up my series 1 Dr. Teeth and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew figures, and they're really great. I love the feel of the feather on Dr. Teeth's hat, the glasses on Bunsen's head along with the pockets on his lab coat. It's just so cool. Now if Palisades decides to make a Dr. Nobel Price figure, they could include the Six Dollar Man, similar to the robot rabbit. However, the hat doesn't really stay in place over Dr. Teeth's head in spite of the pegs, and the rabbit looks a little goofy, though it's okay. I hope the other figures end up looking just as great as these did.
PS. Hey Matleo, Gorgon Heap, Grail, ResidentLilly, ZootandDingo, and frogboy4: I'm inviting you to check out a thread I opened in the General Discussion section called Grand Muppet Party. Go over and see if you have some worthy ideas to contribute.
PPS: Please spread the word about this thread to the rest of the forum. Thanks you guys, and have a great summer.