Ask Ken at Palisades

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Totally forgot!!!!!!

I think Mrs Bear is a distinct possibility for some sort of variant. I can't believe I left her off. Still - point is that there are not enought female Muppets to release one per series.

grail

Reaction score
while i do think that Muppet Babies pretty much became a stain on the Muppet name, there are a lot of people out there...ones who are NOT the purists that some of us (me included) are. so from a business standpoint, it makes sense to me to have some of the Muppet Babies make their way into the eventual "World of Henson" (or whatever they're gonna call it) line. love 'em or hate 'em, they ARE Muppets...

as for Skeeter...well...i agree that an adult would be spiffy, it's hard to hold a license for something that doesn't exist, so maybe as a Muppet Baby, but only like that...unless an adult Skeeter finds her way into the new Muppet Show (start the letter writing campaign now, folks).

Luke

Reaction score
Actually i think Mrs Bear is a GREAT idea - not even for a variant but for a regular wave 8-14 fig. She could have a little framed photo of her son as an accessory.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
I'm shocked!

I had an idea that you guys actually like!!!

I might have even greatly contributed to the creation of a Muppet Action Figure!!!

I feel so proud of myself!!!

The only thing that's missing is the opinion of:

THE KEN!

grail

Reaction score
since some of the sets seem to have a little theme (newsman/reporter kermit-koozebane, vet's hospital, etc) maybe the inclusion of Mrs. Bear could mean the release of that Fozzie in PiS uniform?

you know...now that i'm thinking about it...

one of the biggest problems that has been mentioned time and again is one of recognition. maybe there's a way around that.

what if Palisades were to go through and pick apart some of the episodes, skit by skit...they could go do a whole set that recreates one of the more well-known bits...like fozzie dressed up in PiS gear because he wanted to be in all the skits in the show. that set could be:

Fozzie in PiS gear
Mrs. Bear
Rizzo in PiS gear (wasn't that from that ep too?)
Link
Patrol Bear/jail playset

that's really rough, but i THINK people can get the idea from that...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Lorde Pompeo

I think the idea of Mrs Bear has been bouncing around the forum for quite some time and Ken has expressed interest in it.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
Oh...

I was so happy... And now I'm not... Anyway...

I hope that this idea, even though it wasn't originally mine, becomes reality, so that people who like Mrs. Bear like I do can have her and play with her, like I would if I could have her... :frown:

Why wasn't I born in the USA?!?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It's still a good idea and a great catch by you that I neglected to list Mrs Bear. Now the only question is - what happened to Mr Bear? Too much Bearquil?

Luke

Reaction score
How about releasing one exclusive every wave that has a voice chip in the base. So you coud hear lines from the Muppet ?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
That's cool! I think they're doing away with the bases though. Maybe in the foot?