Ask Ken at Palisades

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
As to Mr. Bear, I spoted a fluffy rug in Muppet Family Christmas... Who knows... :big_grin:

It was nice if the Muppets did a special program for TV in Halloween with several sketches making classic horror movies in a very Muppet way (I can imagine a version of Psycho with Fozzie and Mrs. Bear)...

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Lorde Pompeo
It was nice if the Muppets did a special program for TV in Halloween with several sketches making classic horror movies in a very Muppet way (I can imagine a version of Psycho with Fozzie and Mrs. Bear)...
I think they'd probably get too criticised for being like 'The Simpsons' there.

Lorde Pompeo

Reaction score
I guess you're right... But it would be nice anyway...

Voice chips? To be honest, if I could buy a Figure and the base came with a voice chip, I would put the base in the "Things I don't like but can't throw away" Box... But that's me... I would prefer to do the voice myself rather than be limited to a line of that character...

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
How about releasing one exclusive every wave that has a voice chip in the base. So you coud hear lines from the Muppet ?
If you do that, ya gots ta pay the actor whose voice it is, hence the constantly changing Simpsons Celebrity line. THat is also why the Simpson Celeb. figures cost more.
I would prefer them silent and cheap. (ohhhh, another joke I can't pursue.)

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Miss Piggy
Janice
Annie Sue Pig
Mildred
Hilda
Miss Mousey
Camilla (will be a future pack-in)
Spamela (from Muppets Tonight)
Johnny's Mama (from Muppets Tonight)<<<

well spamela was justa one shot parody muppet like ross parot.
dont forget aboput maureen the mink or zondra!

as for voice chips, i say no way. I dont even know why they are on wwf or simpsons playsets. i mean, wouldnt that get old quick? also, coant just about anybody do the voices, even if they arent that good?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't know how many eps you've seen of Muppets Tonight, but Spamela was featured with speaking roles in several shows.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
How about releasing one exclusive every wave that has a voice chip in the base. So you coud hear lines from the Muppet ?
To do that, we would have had to license each voice from each living pupeteer, and also each voice from the estates of the puppeteers who have passed. It was a licensing nightmare that we just couldn't undertake. I agree, the only thing missing for me in all these figures is the voices...it really would have made them something beyond cool...but sadly that will never come to pass with the way the agreements are structured.

As for Mrs. Bear...you never know...the line is an evolving one, that's for sure. As for women in each series, it just can't be done, not in a universe populated primarily by male puppets.

Hey...if technically there is nothing from the waist down on the puppet...how do we KNOW they are male...?

Food for thought...

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
Hey...if technically there is nothing from the waist down on the puppet...how do we KNOW they are male...?

Food for thought...
I've lost my appitite.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by ResidentLilly
I agree, the only thing missing for me in all these figures is the voices...it really would have made them something beyond cool...but sadly that will never come to pass with the way the agreements are structured.
It's no biggie about the voices - these are the most detailed and most finely made figures anyone could have hoped for, and the sheer amount of them, and especially the design. It really is a Muppet fans dream come true ..... just the stickers on Fozzies case or the fact theres a rubber duck equals 'I care' vibes. Yes, the voices would have been nice on like a couple of figures but it would just have been a novelty thing. Your price point is extra cool too so i guess it would have wrecked that !

My god - i'm being nice. Please someone take the vodka away from me now before i propose to someone ! :big_grin:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Emily Bear trying to move into the main gang

I think that Jim Henson was trying to get Mrs. Bear (or Emily Bear for the full name) in to the main gang before he died, you know to add another female character in that would be a stong one, and i think she is, she was in the Muppets at WDW and i think that was going to be a start of Mrs. Bear to be hanging around the main gang. she is an "older" character age wise to the others not meaning made before the others but she was on the muppet show and MFC was her big break.she did make an appearance in the MCC.

after Jim died i think the idea was't really put in to gear and just lost, i mean bo was becoming more and more a part of the muppets as well untill then too, same as bean and even Link and cilfford was there too. cilfford was the only one who made it big when he really should not have with MT.

Link was a big part of the muppet show but never got in any talking muppet movie lines.

I wonder why stangpork wasn't in the Muppets at WDW same as Lew zeland and Sam the Eagle.

But back to Mrs. Emily Bear, i think she would be a great fig! i would also think she should be part of the main line and it would be cool to have a vacation Mrs. Bear EX with a surf board!

"You think your disipointed?!?! I just took six months of surfing leasons for zip!!!!"

Zack)Rowlf the, was Zealda Ross mention? well she should NOT have been,she would not work at all and would defantly come after pops, lips, mrs Bear, nigle, uncle deadly, annie sue and marvin suggs for her to even be thought of being made, and then say NO,Dog.